Coronavirus

Old Jun 1st 2021, 6:34 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by dbd33
Mine was in an ice hockey rink. I suppose that's usual.
You mean "iced" hockey.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 6:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
You mean "iced" hockey.
I do, pardon my confused terminology.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 7:59 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Is the vaccination strategy to vaccinate as many people as possible (12 and over) and then focus on the second shots? In the UK the adult vax was slowed down in order the prioritise second shots in adults. Currently is 30+ that are eligible (I think) and no teens.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 8:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Is the vaccination strategy to vaccinate as many people as possible (12 and over) and then focus on the second shots? In the UK the adult vax was slowed down in order the prioritise second shots in adults. Currently is 30+ that are eligible (I think) and no teens.
According to the NB Government site, yes for the bolded part.

However, my MIL was offered an appointment for a second AZ shot 5 weeks after the first and that's some way short of the 'optimum' gap for that one. It clashed with another appointment so it was easy to turn down at that time.

A couple of other things have happened with pharmacies that suggest they may be going their own way and prioritising getting the government fees for shooting people even if not due yet.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about that my 19 year old niece has just been called for her 1st shot and I had my 2nd jab recently 11 weeks to the day after the 1st.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 8:45 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
According to the NB Government site, yes for the bolded part.

However, my MIL was offered an appointment for a second AZ shot 5 weeks after the first and that's some way short of the 'optimum' gap for that one. It clashed with another appointment so it was easy to turn down at that time.

A couple of other things have happened with pharmacies that suggest they may be going their own way and prioritising getting the government fees for shooting people even if not due yet.
Such a difference in strategy. I suppose it might have something to do with supplies/capacity too.

Can't believe that Vancouver Health has give the wrong shot to 12 adolescents (Moderna). Probably not a health is risk, but FFS, giving the wrong vaccine is a serious error that should not happen.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 8:45 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Did they provide the skates or did you have to rent them?
woukd have been more fun on ice
Old Jun 1st 2021, 8:47 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
I don't know about that my 19 year old niece has just been called for her 1st shot and I had my 2nd jab recently 11 weeks to the day after the 1st.
It's fortunate for you, but it doesn't seem that many Canadians have had second doses yet.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Such a difference in strategy. I suppose it might have something to do with supplies/capacity too.

Can't believe that Vancouver Health has give the wrong shot to 12 adolescents (Moderna). Probably not a health is risk, but FFS, giving the wrong vaccine is a serious error that should not happen.
Actually it happened to be very easy.

The kids went to a vaccination site that was giving Pfizer vaccines to adults and Moderna to people between 12 and up.

Each person doing the vaccinating had both types at their site.

Both vaccines apparently have very similar labelling.

So 12 times the vaccinator picked up the wrong vial and had injected it before realising.

They did realize immediately, and tell the kid and their parents. Coastal Health has also supplied counsellors, etc.

Yes, the person didn't carefully check the vial before taking out the dose, but I can see it happening quite easily if the vials were being kept close together, and if s/he was distracted by someone asking a question, then easy done.

Those doses happened on the first 2 days of 12-18 year olds being eligible, so it was the first 2 days that both vaccines had been available in the same place.

There wasn't much room where I had my first jab ............. a small table, 3 chairs, computer, forms, and vials and sytinges on the table, a chair beside the nurse holding a box, and what looked like a camping ice box on the floor.

I'm not excusing them .......... better organising was needed from the higher ups, so there could be no mistake in handling the change.

However, there should be no problem, Pfizer is now being tested in that age group and results so far apparently show there will be no danger.

Last edited by scilly; Jun 1st 2021 at 9:58 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2021, 10:42 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I do, pardon my confused terminology.
All good.

Might have got lost in translation for some folk so thought it worth clarifying.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 2:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

50 days between 1st and 2nd dose in BC now, down from the original 4 months, they are doing both 1st and 2nd doses at the moment depending on eligibility.

Old Jun 2nd 2021, 3:22 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Vaccinated? Wanna come visit Newfoundland? From July 1st you can!

Interval between first and second doses reducing to 8 weeks for those of us living here.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Heard on the CBC news 1:00 pm today ............

just over 70% of adults in BC have received at least their first dose of vaccine

If age group 12-18 is added, then just over 65% adults 12 and up have received the first dose.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 9:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Schools in Ontario remain closed until September.
Old Jun 2nd 2021, 9:27 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Schools in Ontario remain closed until September.
Biggest driver of spread.

I was relieved. I have the confidence of enjoying a summer drinking beer on patios now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.