Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Christmas Shingdig in Toronto :

Christmas Shingdig in Toronto :

Old Dec 16th 2014, 6:13 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Shingdig in Toronto :

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
We usually do The Scotland Yard. They have a room off to the side that's a bit more removed so it's more conducive to chatting and such, plus they do separate bills without any fuss. Decent drinks selection and a good food menu, plus seems to be accessible to pretty well everyone since it's about a 5-6 minute walk from Union... so until anyone voices any strong objections I suspect we will just keep it there!!

(The only other place I know that does separate bills for large groups without making a fuss is The Three Brewers at Yonge & Dundas... but I prefer Scotland Yard, personally!)
Scotland Yard is convenient for transit commuter and driver.

Nightmare finding parking near Hooters and the food isn't for everybody.

I did once meet LMartin and LondonMike and perhaps Oakvillian??? at the Firkin On King.

We then embarked on a short golden era where we once got drunk at Dan Keough's on the Danforth and also had a sample of us head to a curry house in Midtown around this time to.

A golden summer.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

MinsterMan83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be available in Toronto to bump up the numbers!
Old Dec 16th 2014, 7:49 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Scotland Yard is convenient for transit commuter and driver.

Nightmare finding parking near Hooters and the food isn't for everybody.

I did once meet LMartin and LondonMike and perhaps Oakvillian??? at the Firkin On King.

We then embarked on a short golden era where we once got drunk at Dan Keough's on the Danforth and also had a sample of us head to a curry house in Midtown around this time to.

A golden summer.
Ah yes, that lost evening sitting on the back patio of some godforsaken Plastic Paddy pub near the Danforth music hall. Some things never change: James drank beer with bits of fruit in it, and ate sweet potato fries. I have the vaguest of recollections that my journey home that night involved a taxi back from the wrong end of Burlington back to Oakville because I was blissfully snoring my way past my station on the last train out of Union...
Old Dec 16th 2014, 7:52 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Ah yes, that lost evening sitting on the back patio of some godforsaken Plastic Paddy pub near the Danforth music hall. Some things never change: James drank beer with bits of fruit in it, and ate sweet potato fries. I have the vaguest of recollections that my journey home that night involved a taxi back from the wrong end of Burlington back to Oakville because I was blissfully snoring my way past my station on the last train out of Union...
Hahaha. The past few meetups have been tame in comparison - there was the one I missed back in May I think when Twitcher left her glasses bheind and I think that one was a big night, but the ones since have been rather laid back... disappointing, crew. This will need to be fixed for the next one.

Game on.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 8:41 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha. The past few meetups have been tame in comparison - there was the one I missed back in May I think when Twitcher left her glasses bheind and I think that one was a big night, but the ones since have been rather laid back... disappointing, crew. This will need to be fixed for the next one.

Game on.
Think I'm going to have wait a few months before I get my game on however I will be there!
Old Dec 16th 2014, 8:44 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Think I'm going to have wait a few months before I get my game on however I will be there!
That's okay, you can be the proverbial bad influence, and then just egg the others on, saying "come on, you have to drink my portion!"

Then you can sit back and laugh at the debauchery.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 8:51 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

That's okay, you can be the proverbial bad influence, and then just egg the others on, saying "come on, you have to drink my portion!"

Then you can sit back and laugh at the debauchery.
With perfect recollection!
Old Dec 16th 2014, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
When I lived in the UK and attended such large gatherings, everyone would chip in an agreed amount into a kitty and that would be used to pay for each round. It would be topped up as necessary.
I remember doing that in the uk... But when you are the one driving the rest of the group around it can work out very expensive!
I drove everybody to a restaurant, didn't drink and ordered a 20GBP ish meal... I still ended up having to pay for the petrol to run everybody around and I also contributed to their booze bill. Think I paid roughly 25GBP for a glass of tap water...
Old Dec 16th 2014, 11:22 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
James drank beer with bits of fruit in it, and ate sweet potato fries.
Belgian beer and North America's finest cuisine.

Mange tout Rodney, Mange tout.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 11:25 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Game on.
That was the night some crazy Canadian woman turned up and took all sorts of offence to pretty much everything I said. I remember Tiry Tory running out and leaving me sat there with her......

We did disperse a little early last time.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 11:28 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
That was the night some crazy Canadian woman turned up and took all sorts of offence to pretty much everything I said. I remember Tiry Tory running out and leaving me sat there with her......

We did disperse a little early last time.
Lol, she's from North Shields via Montreal.
Old Dec 17th 2014, 2:10 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Lol, she's from North Shields via Montreal.
A deadly combination. But I quite liked her.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 6:08 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Is the 30th still on? Am I in the right thread!
Old Jan 9th 2015, 6:15 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
Is the 30th still on? Am I in the right thread!
Yes and Yes.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 6:41 pm
Concierge

Yep, all a go for the 30th! Tirytory, are you making it down for the 30th? Probably about time to do the reservation!

Me + Mr Schnooks will be there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.