Cannabis

Old Jun 25th 2021, 11:27 pm
  #571  
Stand-up Philosopher
 
caretaker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Regina and Oliver
Posts: 15,863
caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Now there's some push back from the medical community complaining the licensed stores are selling pot that's too strong and too cheap. Ok, pendulum has swung and they have a good point. I just got an ounce from an illegal store, and I found far less selection in high potency flower than there was last year and in years previous. The THC content of 22% - 25% I would like might be in the high end ones, but in the mid-price range (around $130 Cdn after 10% discount) hard to find and most are 19%. I got an Indica (Bubba Kush) of 19% - 25% or thereabouts so the potential for good buds is there, (and it's pretty good). I found about 1/8 oz of Death Bubba I'd forgotten about, so probably have close to an ounce and a quarter. I'm using concentrates and the e-nail regularly so my flower consumption is way down. First thing in the morning when I get my coffee, I sit down and do about 2 - 3 dabs of shatter or rosin at 620F then I do the Funtrivia Quiz. I challenge all our trivia players....

Last edited by caretaker; Jun 25th 2021 at 11:36 pm.
caretaker is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 3:46 pm
  #572  
BEfuddled
 
BuckinghamshireBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2016
Location: Brasschaat, Vlaanderen, België.
Posts: 5,435
BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Following up on the links – and links within those links – in Siouxie‘s post I decided to try with vaping CBD. I already use an e-cig, as although I’ve quit tobacco, I still haven’t yet managed to kick the nicotine habit. I dripped a few drops of CBD oil into my usual mix, but it gave the whole mix a “burned” taste; I figured that the two base oils had different properties, and that I was vaping too hot, so reduced the temperature to the lowest recommended level, but it still tasted burnt.

The next morning I sprang out of bed and had gotten halfway to the bathroom when I thought “hang on, you don’t normally spring out of bed, you creak and groan out of bed”

A few more hours surfing and a couple of emails confirmed that I was on the right track, but should be using a different CBD oil for vaping – which my usual supplier doesn’t carry – so I found and ordered some from another Dutch website and tweaked my backup vape rig to run cooler than the primary.

A week in, some more tweaks to make on the new mix, but so far so good. I now feel in a good position to increase exercise to build up the lazy back muscles. Still using the patches in tandem, not had enough time yet to do a cost analysis.

Thanks Siouxie!
BuckinghamshireBoy is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 6:53 pm
  #573  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Steerpike's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA / Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 11,196
Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Following up on the links – and links within those links – in Siouxie‘s post I decided to try with vaping CBD. I already use an e-cig, as although I’ve quit tobacco, I still haven’t yet managed to kick the nicotine habit. I dripped a few drops of CBD oil into my usual mix, but it gave the whole mix a “burned” taste; I figured that the two base oils had different properties, and that I was vaping too hot, so reduced the temperature to the lowest recommended level, but it still tasted burnt.

The next morning I sprang out of bed and had gotten halfway to the bathroom when I thought “hang on, you don’t normally spring out of bed, you creak and groan out of bed”

A few more hours surfing and a couple of emails confirmed that I was on the right track, but should be using a different CBD oil for vaping – which my usual supplier doesn’t carry – so I found and ordered some from another Dutch website and tweaked my backup vape rig to run cooler than the primary.

A week in, some more tweaks to make on the new mix, but so far so good. I now feel in a good position to increase exercise to build up the lazy back muscles. Still using the patches in tandem, not had enough time yet to do a cost analysis.

Thanks Siouxie!
So what are these various CBD oils? What differentiates them?

I recently ordered some CBD capsules online. I took the recommended dose one night, and they definitely relaxed me but did nothing for actual sleep. This seems to be my challenge - many products relax me - slow me down, give me 'couch lock', etc - but that does not translate to actual SLEEP. Rather, I have tossing-turning nights and weird dreams / thoughts and don't wake refreshed. Also based on Siouxie's advice, I tried an herbal remedy called "Valerian". That really seemed to both relax me AND send me to a decent sleep state. So for right now, I'm experimenting with that and have put all the various cannabis variants on hold. I also purchased something called "holy basil", aka "Tulsi", but haven't tried that yet.
Steerpike is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 7:50 pm
  #574  
BEfuddled
 
BuckinghamshireBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2016
Location: Brasschaat, Vlaanderen, België.
Posts: 5,435
BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
So what are these various CBD oils? What differentiates them?

I recently ordered some CBD capsules online. I took the recommended dose one night, and they definitely relaxed me but did nothing for actual sleep. This seems to be my challenge - many products relax me - slow me down, give me 'couch lock', etc - but that does not translate to actual SLEEP. Rather, I have tossing-turning nights and weird dreams / thoughts and don't wake refreshed. Also based on Siouxie's advice, I tried an herbal remedy called "Valerian". That really seemed to both relax me AND send me to a decent sleep state. So for right now, I'm experimenting with that and have put all the various cannabis variants on hold. I also purchased something called "holy basil", aka "Tulsi", but haven't tried that yet.
It would seem to be the density that makes the difference between CBD oil (the drops) and CBD "vape juice", the latter being lighter and so less likely to burn, which was what happened in my case.

I found a reasonably good explanatory article in one of Siouxie's linked-to links, but being a dickhead, I forgot to bookmark it

Search-engining terms like "CBD vape" brings up loads of mostly US based commercial sites; I gave some a quick look, varying levels of info but I didn't stay too long.

I'll post back if I find something useful.
BuckinghamshireBoy is offline  
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 10:42 pm
  #575  
**EX-MOD CHECKSUM**
 
Siouxie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Posts: 19,536
Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
It would seem to be the density that makes the difference between CBD oil (the drops) and CBD "vape juice", the latter being lighter and so less likely to burn, which was what happened in my case.

I found a reasonably good explanatory article in one of Siouxie's linked-to links, but being a dickhead, I forgot to bookmark it

Search-engining terms like "CBD vape" brings up loads of mostly US based commercial sites; I gave some a quick look, varying levels of info but I didn't stay too long.

I'll post back if I find something useful.
Thiese might be of use https://dailycbd.com/en/carrier-oils/ and https://cbdoilreview.org/cbd-cannabi...and-cbd-vapes/

Siouxie is offline  
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 9:29 am
  #576  
BEfuddled
 
BuckinghamshireBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2016
Location: Brasschaat, Vlaanderen, België.
Posts: 5,435
BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Thanks Siouxie, those take it even further by providing a very quick example of why one should read multiple articles and not take everything as gospel.

To paraphrase, link #1 above says it's perfectly fine to use VG (vegetable glycerine) as carrier (base) oil for vaping CBD, whereas link #2 says that it's not, and that it's not been approved for inhalation, which is completely false - they just want you to buy from them.

Even weirder, looking at their products, selecting the "vape" section and checking the ingredients shows the carrier oil to be VG...
BuckinghamshireBoy is offline  
Old Jul 10th 2021, 7:28 pm
  #577  
Stand-up Philosopher
 
caretaker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Regina and Oliver
Posts: 15,863
caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Today I learned 7/10 is National Dab Day, because the heating coils on most e-nails are called 710 coils. I'd already been celebrating and didn't know it! Knowledge is power.
caretaker is offline  
Old Jul 31st 2021, 10:05 pm
  #578  
Stand-up Philosopher
 
caretaker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Regina and Oliver
Posts: 15,863
caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis


caretaker is offline  
Old Aug 13th 2021, 2:31 pm
  #579  
Stand-up Philosopher
 
caretaker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Regina and Oliver
Posts: 15,863
caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis


caretaker is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2021, 10:43 pm
  #580  
Stand-up Philosopher
 
caretaker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Regina and Oliver
Posts: 15,863
caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

caretaker is offline  
Old Yesterday, 1:23 pm
  #581  
Stand-up Philosopher
 
caretaker's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Regina and Oliver
Posts: 15,863
caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Mr Postman look and see, is there a letter in your bag for me?
That ought to last for awhile.


caretaker is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.