Wikiposts

'British' accents

Old Feb 4th 2008, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'British' accents

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I (Canadian) can't hear very well fullstop, but when I'm pretty sure about an accent I will purposefully make the wrong assumption... just to be a shit.

I'm 40 going on 11.
You're a naughty girl peas
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:06 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I (Canadian) can't hear very well fullstop, but when I'm pretty sure about an accent I will purposefully make the wrong assumption... just to be a shit.

I'm 40 going on 11.
So that's what you did to me.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

ladnerite is an unknown quantity at this point

I've lived all but the first 3 years of my life in Canada and the English accent only tends to be audible to Canadians when I'm tired or speaking with my family. And, of course, in England they can't hear any accent but the Canadian. However, once an elderly sounding English woman phoned the office I was working at and after she had dealt with her reason for calling the woman got chatty and asked me if she was right in hearing an accent when speaking to me. I said "yes" and she not only knew I had an English accent, she knew I was from the Wirral (as was she long ago). And that is the first and only time anyone has picked up on that since I was very little. (Of course, when they speak to my dad they reckon they've had a chat with Ringo.)
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:25 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

My next door but two neighbour walked by the other morning whilst I was shovelling snow and said "I bet your not used to this back in OZ are you"?

I didn't have the heart to tell the old boy I was not from Australia...
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
My next door but two neighbour walked by the other morning whilst I was shovelling snow and said "I bet your not used to this back in OZ are you"?

I didn't have the heart to tell the old boy I was not from Australia...
Bless
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:37 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

How many actors who played James Bond spoke with an East London Accent, even Sean hid his brogue.????

Australians HATE being called English.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howard1944
How many actors who played James Bond spoke with an East London Accent, even Sean hid his brogue.????

Australians HATE being called English.
Er none?? Connery can never hide his accent.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:08 am
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

I must admit, judging by the variety of accents here, most posters are definitely classless.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:19 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

classless or clueless

but was that a question or a statement?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
classless or clueless
but was that a question or a statement?
BOTH
But then I was always Daddy's little Princess.

However, since arriving in Ontario with my broad Yorkshire accent; those that don't understand smile blankly; others ask me to keep talking so they can hear the accent

Maybe I should learn a monolog

Nobody can understand my 3 yr - except me!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:31 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manghams
Nobody can understand my 3 yr - except me!
Ive a feeling that might be a universal truth about all 3 year olds Only really understood by their parents.

By the time they are 5 even as a parent I dont understand half the time. I cant keep up with all the Barbies names, so basically Im clueless about the topic of conversation at least 3/4 of the time...
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

manghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond reputemanghams has a reputation beyond repute

Ive a feeling that might be a universal truth about all 3 year olds Only really understood by their parents.

By the time they are 5 even as a parent I dont understand half the time. I cant keep up with all the Barbies names, so basically Im clueless about the topic of conversation at least 3/4 of the time...
Try a 5 yr old boy - do you know the names of all the Transformers?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Speaking of accents and kids;

Have you watched Thomas the Tank Engine; Bob the Builder? American accents! Very disconcerting.

Guess what I do when I'm not on the ex-pats site?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

I have a five year who get annoyed when I forget the names of dinosaurs just because he can remember the names of almost 100 different ones he thinks I should too. He likes to quiz me and the classic line is "oh come on mummy you know"
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I have a five year who get annoyed when I forget the names of dinosaurs just because he can remember the names of almost 100 different ones he thinks I should too. He likes to quiz me and the classic line is "oh come on mummy you know"
But mummy's are supposed to know everything, then the big wide world takes over

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.