Breakfast Choices

Old Nov 15th 2020, 2:45 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breakfast Choices

Steak and eggs, toast, HP sauce.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 3:07 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Steak and eggs, toast, HP sauce.
That was the breakfast that every Oz farmer used to have, except they had it with tomato sauce (none of that foreign muck)
Old Nov 15th 2020, 3:31 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That was the breakfast that every Oz farmer used to have, except they had it with tomato sauce (none of that foreign muck)
I had ketchup on my eggs, HP with the steak (had to dig the HP out from the back of the fridge).
Old Nov 15th 2020, 3:43 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I had ketchup on my eggs, HP with the steak (had to dig the HP out from the back of the fridge).
You were born in the wrong country, you should have been an Aussie farmer

Scouse calls HP sauce 'horse power'. Don't know if it's a British thing, a Liverpool thing or just a my husband thing.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 4:01 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

You were born in the wrong country, you should have been an Aussie farmer

Scouse calls HP sauce 'horse power'. Don't know if it's a British thing, a Liverpool thing or just a my husband thing.
It's a Canadian thing, Horse Power Sauce.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 4:04 pm
Concierge

It's a Canadian thing, Horse Power Sauce.
Scouse has never been to Canada! Must be a worldwide phenomenon (except for here).

Edit: I just remembered, he told me he did go to Canada (Vancouver) once. He was in his early 20s and stayed with a cousin who'd emigrated there. The cousin and a few of his mates took scouse out drinking one night and he woke up the next morning in (his words) 'a young lady's apartment' without any idea of where he was or how he got there.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Nov 15th 2020 at 4:07 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 4:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

The cousin and a few of his mates took scouse out drinking one night
Oh yeah, I remember them. I think it was in the Niagara Hotel (or possibly the Cobalt) and they were feeling no pain. One of them pocketed a bit of costume that fell off the stage and the dancer gave him what-for until he returned it. I was wearing my red Ralph's Rats Across Australia t-shirt from Ralph Lee Electric.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 5:01 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

HP sauce - a must with sausage rolls!

I have to add this one because it made me laugh out loud!!

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 15th 2020 at 5:04 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2020, 5:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Those are both great, now I want to listen to Mungo Jerry!
Old Nov 16th 2020, 6:21 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I had a BLT, nutritious, delicious, and oh so easy to spell. Was actually field greens as opposed to lettuce, but grass is grass.
Old Nov 16th 2020, 9:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I saved a couple of roast spuds from Sunday dinner. Halved them and fried them to have with an egg this morning.
Delish.

Never fails to amaze me how different a spud can taste according how one is cooked, reheated,recooked etc
Old Nov 19th 2020, 12:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I'm making sausages and pancakes with maple syrup. I got some of those little maple breakfast sausages and I hardly ever have them.
Old Dec 4th 2020, 2:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I just had half a dozen fried oysters on toast. Yesterday's supper plan crashed because I was too tired to cook. There's half the pint left, so I think I can squeeze it into the freezing compartment, and use them another day.

Last edited by caretaker; Dec 4th 2020 at 3:36 pm. Reason: to make a correction
Old Dec 31st 2020, 3:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Breakfast tacos.
Old Dec 31st 2020, 4:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

We had pizza delivery yesterday. I always make sure there's a slice left to put a fried egg on top for breakfast next day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.