Breakfast Choices

Old Apr 7th 2020, 12:47 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breakfast Choices

I have just rediscovered the deliciousness of Shredded Wheat.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 1:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
Had some proper British beans the other day- I think they were $2 in Wal-Mart. Much as I despise Heinz I think this is the way forward- so much better than any local brands, even Clark's
I've really never understood this idea. The worst tin I ever had was a Tesco brand decades ago. Watery.
The odd tin I open now looks watery but it's just more solid lower down. Mix it and it's fine.

The only way I can tell any apart is if it's only tomato sauce. Otherwise they're all the same to me.

Maybe it depends how you eat them? On their own or just on toast I might be more likely to tell but they're generally on a plate with sausage, egg, potato, mushroom...all those flavours blending in might disguise any inferiority.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 1:15 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Farmers like it because it looks like bales. Now I want shredded wheat. Unfortunately I didn't cook my supper last night and some ingredients are time sensitive so breakfast may seem a touch unorthodox. I'm making spicy bbq meatballs with peppers and bok choy and udon noodles. Lots of green onions, garlic, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and I mixed up black bean sauce with some regular bbq sauce, apple cider vinegar, grainy dijon, sugar,and a dab of gochujiang paste (which can overpower everything in sight, so just a bit).

Last edited by caretaker; Apr 7th 2020 at 1:38 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 1:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
all those flavours blending in might disguise any inferiority.
I often have some beans with my breakfast, and after I've cooked my sausage or bacon, and when the eggs are on the toast on the plate, I put a good spoon of beans in the hot pan, add salt and pepper and a dash or 2 of Wooster, then I turn the heat off and stir the beans around the pan to heat up and gather any residual flavours and plop it on the plate beside the rest. I like Heinz and Clarke, not No Name or Bush.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 1:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Originally Posted by caretaker
Farmers like it because it looks like bales. Now I want shredded wheat.
I like spoon size

I often have some beans with my breakfast, and after I've cooked my sausage or bacon, and when the eggs are on the toast on the plate, I put a good spoon of beans in the hot pan, add salt and pepper and a dash or 2 of Wooster,.
Interesting idea. None of the Canadian family like it. My wife didn't even like saying it...didn't know when to stop
Old Apr 7th 2020, 1:36 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting idea. None of the Canadian family like it. My wife didn't even like saying it...didn't know when to stop
I remember the first time I said 'wor-cest-er-shire' sauce to scouse, he laughed his head off. What can I say, I didn't know British at that stage, only English.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 2:00 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... The odd tin I open now looks watery but it's just more solid lower down. Mix it and it's fine.
We store our baked beans cans upside down, for exactly that reason - we flip them over and give them a shake before opening.
.... I might be more likely to tell but they're generally on a plate with sausage,1 egg, potato, mushroom...all those flavours blending in might disguise any inferiority.
No potatoes, but add some fried tomatoes and a slice of fried bread, and that's a pretty nice breakfast right there!
Old Apr 7th 2020, 2:16 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Pulaski

No potatoes, but add some fried tomatoes and a slice of fried bread, and that's a pretty nice breakfast right there!
Ah yes, forgot the tomato. By potato I meant some form of from leftover boiled ones. Chips and beans are a definite no-no.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 2:27 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Ah yes, forgot the tomato. By potato I meant some form of from leftover boiled ones. Chips and beans are a definite no-no.
Egg and chips is nice, egg and chips and beans even nicer. Easy to see how you people squandered an empire.
I had a good healthy balanced breakfast:

Old Apr 7th 2020, 2:32 pm
Oscar nominated

Egg and chips is nice, egg and chips and beans sausage even nicer.
Fixed

Easy to see how you people squandered an empire.

Old Apr 7th 2020, 2:35 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Sometimes I make too many chips for lunch or supper on purpose, then in the morning dice up the leftovers with some green onion fry them up and that's my home-fries.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 3:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
We store our baked beans cans upside down, for exactly that reason - we flip them over and give them a shake before opening.
I do the same. Maybe it’s a Sheffield thing.
Old Apr 7th 2020, 3:17 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I do the same. Maybe it’s a Sheffield thing. ...
It's Yorkshire thinking - a simple, free, quick, and totally effective solution to an annoying but minor problem.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I often have some beans with my breakfast, and after I've cooked my sausage or bacon, and when the eggs are on the toast on the plate, I put a good spoon of beans in the hot pan, add salt and pepper and a dash or 2 of Wooster, then I turn the heat off and stir the beans around the pan to heat up and gather any residual flavours and plop it on the plate beside the rest. I like Heinz and Clarke, not No Name or Bush.
Just the perfect way to deal with tinned baked beans, a knob of butter works well also. Plus- they taste even better the next day when warmed up, twice cooked baked beans are yummy but then i have odd tastes- I love stale bread.
Old Apr 8th 2020, 8:14 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Black Forest gateaux and a big shot of vodka. I’m just living in a dream.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.