Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Old Sep 4th 2006, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

I see my balcony

Edit: back o/t, Riding-whatever-it-was-called park was rubbish but definitely hilly...
Old Sep 4th 2006, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Was stuck working behind the Bar at the Rowing Club Regatta this weekend and it was pi##ing down so the bar was mobbed
Going fishing this weekend to Loch Fad (see attached picture if I have attached it correctly )
Stuarty
Attached Thumbnails Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...-loch-fad-2.jpg  
Old Sep 4th 2006, 3:40 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink

Edit: back o/t, Riding-whatever-it-was-called park was rubbish but definitely hilly...
Sorry to hear that.

I'll probably get someone upset for this, but I thought Elk Island Park east of Edmonton was a waste of a trip. My wife and I went out there last summer, a nostalgia trip you might say.

It certainly wasn't anything like either one of us remembered it when we went there thirty-odd years ago.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 3:42 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stuarty
Going fishing this weekend to Loch Fad (see attached picture if I have attached it correctly )
Stuarty
You did and it looks fantastic.

Cheers
Steve
Old Sep 4th 2006, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

We've had the most beautiful warm and sunny weekend. Great for spending time at the beach and wonderful for my tomato plants which Im actually picking ripe tomatoes from now.

There is a nip in the air in the morning and evening now. Went down to the beach early this morning to take reilly for a run and drink my coffee and the sun certainly isnt as warm, but its beautiful just the same.

Steve - bring a couple of warm sweaters with you for the early morning walks and sitting outside in the evening.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 4:15 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rae
this sounds great, just my cup of tea( no pun intended given this sites title). i've nearly gone to a few of these in tatton park nr knutsford, cheshire. i say nearly, as they ask £25 per person, no discount for the kids, £75 for a day out, plus all food and drink a bit rich for my budget. i am going to regret asking as i think i already know the answer, but how much was this in edmonton?.
Hi rae,
We had the cheap seats, ie, take your own chairs/blankets etc and it was only $16 per person, so about 8 pounds. The seated areas only came in at $26, so still not expensive compared to Tatton Park. (been there many a time btw, being a Cheshire gal)
Hawrelak Park has an open air ampitheatre, so the acoustics were really good, and its not that big, so the cheap seats were still good .We could see and hear fine.

We went last evening, a cloudless sky, warm sunshine, listening to music from Phantom, The sound of Music, Les Mis, Oklahoma................doesn't get much better than that

Oh, this weekend we also did the Edmonton Queen Riverboat. If people visit Edm, you should do it. It doesn't go very far, only about an hour, but on a sunny day its so relaxing and offers great views of the city.

Last edited by R2D2; Sep 4th 2006 at 4:19 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:51 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
or is it too late ask and those who are, have already left?

We're not but we'll be packing and preparing for leaving Tuesday morning for Kamloops for an overnight stay then on to Long Beach (Tofino) Wednesday.
Boo Hoo, we are only going to Rugby in Warwickshire to visit family and wish we were over there trying to decide where to go for the weekend.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:34 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Montana. (But I've said that already on another thread).
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy

Welcome back - missed you. Post pics soon!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:21 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stuarty
Was stuck working behind the Bar at the Rowing Club Regatta this weekend and it was pi##ing down so the bar was mobbed
Stuarty
Wow, freaking gorgeous!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:25 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Welcome back Butch.

Do you see any big trucks driving on the wrong side of the road?
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:13 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Welcome back Butch.

Do you see any big trucks driving on the wrong side of the road?
Nah But I was watching out for him