Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Originally Posted by dbd33
We've gone to mansion where my OH looks after the horses. It's like a resort, pool, tennis court, hot tub, use of half a dozen horses, ATVs, choice from extensive wine cellar, even tractors and farm implements to play with! As on most long weekends, the owners have gone to their boat and want burglars deterred.

Can't they afford an alarm !!!!

Oh well their loss is your gain........have fun!!!

Linda
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:48 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda P
Can't they afford an alarm !!!!

Oh well their loss is your gain........have fun!!!

Linda
They have two alarm systems, both of them baffling, as well as an automated system to turn lights on and off randomly, it even turns the pool table light on and off regardless of people playing. Only the cleaning lady really understands all the technology though the gardeners understand enough to work the gates in the perimeter fence. It's a great place for the weekend but to live here seems like it would be a hell of a lot of work. Love the barn but the house is too much bother.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
They have two alarm systems, both of them baffling, as well as an automated system to turn lights on and off randomly, it even turns the pool table light on and off regardless of people playing. Only the cleaning lady really understands all the technology though the gardeners understand enough to work the gates in the perimeter fence. It's a great place for the weekend but to live here seems like it would be a hell of a lot of work. Love the barn but the house is too much bother.

Great........we'll all come over for a barn dance then!!!!

Old Sep 2nd 2006, 5:07 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
I'll be at home tomorrow, defrosting my fridge/freezer that has turned into a 'santas grotto'

I can relate. I barely shove a tray of ice cubes into mine.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 5:33 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
Are you kidding me? The last long weekend of the summer with all those bloody damn tourists coming to the island causing traffic jams and ferry delays!

Not a chance.

You could do some reverse tourism and come to the Bumbershoot festival in Seattle this weekend
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 9:44 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Originally Posted by Hangman
Isn't that somewhere near Burtonwood?

Boy burned out a few brain cells trying to remember that.

Yes its a couple of minutes drive from Burtonwood, near where the coal pitt used to be. It's a small world.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 9:54 am
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
or is it too late ask and those who are, have already left?

We're not but we'll be packing and preparing for leaving Tuesday morning for Kamloops for an overnight stay then on to Long Beach (Tofino) Wednesday.
Make sure you take some water!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 11:40 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rae
sadooo'sss - sad people. what is lol.?
Nono... I knew that, I questioned you calling the 65million people on the islands saddo's. I'm sure some of us are doing alright

.lol. = Laugh Out Loud. But you're prolly pulling my leg and you know what that means too

Is nobody attending the Toronto Film Festival anytime soon then?
Old Sep 4th 2006, 1:39 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Just spent 2 nights in Canmore (Harvie Heights to be precise), Hiked around Lake Louise but didn't make it to the Tea house like 3 olther party members as 4 month old puppy got tired! Also Hiked up the mouthan at the back of the house for a bit. Fantastic views WOW!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:14 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

We just spent a lovely few hours sitting in the sunshine in Hawrelak Park in Edmonton listening to the sounds of the Edmonton Symphoney Orchestra's, Movies from Broadway concert.

Just wonderful !!!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:25 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windward
Nono... I knew that, I questioned you calling the 65million people on the islands saddo's. I'm sure some of us are doing alright

misunderstanding, this was mrs g, she was refering to ourselves and others sad enough to go and plane spot, in desperation for something different to do.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:29 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by R2D2
We just spent a lovely few hours sitting in the sunshine in Hawrelak Park in Edmonton listening to the sounds of the Edmonton Symphoney Orchestra's, Movies from Broadway concert.

Just wonderful !!!!!!
this sounds great, just my cup of tea( no pun intended given this sites title). i've nearly gone to a few of these in tatton park nr knutsford, cheshire. i say nearly, as they ask £25 per person, no discount for the kids, £75 for a day out, plus all food and drink a bit rich for my budget. i am going to regret asking as i think i already know the answer, but how much was this in edmonton?.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this saddo in the Uk spent the (not a holiday) weekend doing tedious 'tidying the house' stuff so we can hurry up and get it on the market, so that next year I can truly join in with your holiday weekend chat !!
Gardening, painting and tiling the utility room do not count as a fulfilling weekend in my eyes (well, not at the moment anyway, 'cos it's all in the wrong house on the wrong continent!) . But the large glass(es) of vino plonko did go down well as a reward for all my endeavours !

Hangman, we'll need some more photos of your 'dirty' weekend - preferably more blue skies and beautiful scenery so we in Blighty can all coo and aahhh, and dream on expectantly of things to come !

In the meantime, I shall just sit quietly now, being jealous of an afternoon in the sun listening to the orchestra - how civilised
Old Sep 4th 2006, 2:53 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m

Hangman, we'll need some more photos of your 'dirty' weekend - preferably more blue skies and beautiful scenery so we in Blighty can all coo and aahhh, and dream on expectantly of things to come !
Thank you very much all compliments gratefully accepted.

We leave tomorrow so I'll see what I can arrange.

Here's an old one of downtown Calgary from September 30th 2003 to be going on with. A cool morning (you can see the steam coming from the buildings) but another cloud free day.

Hope you like.

Cheers
Steve
Old Sep 4th 2006, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I do, I do ! Another stunning shot - coo - aahh !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.