Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:02 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

or is it too late ask and those who are, have already left?

We're not but we'll be packing and preparing for leaving Tuesday morning for Kamloops for an overnight stay then on to Long Beach (Tofino) Wednesday.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:04 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Originally Posted by Hangman
or is it too late ask and those who are, have already left?

We're not but we'll be packing and preparing for leaving Tuesday morning for Kamloops for an overnight stay then on to Long Beach (Tofino) Wednesday.
Whats happening with the water situation in Tofino then? Is it all sorted out now or will you just have to have a 'dirty' weekend
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

We're going here ---> http://www.pc.gc.ca/pn-np/mb/riding/index_e.asp

I want to see this "mountain" with my own eyes. I suspect it might be more of a hillock
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by IceMaiden
Whats happening with the water situation in Tofino then? Is it all sorted out now or will you just have to have a 'dirty' weekend
Apparently they are trucking in water from Ucluelet.

I think that we may have to have a dirty weekend though.

May get a discount on the hotel, they're saying no fresh linens or towels daily and please use water wisely.

Like I can't live without clean linens daily. NOT.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:10 pm
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hangman
Apparently they are trucking in water from Ucluelet.

I think that we may have to have a dirty weekend though.

May get a discount on the hotel, they're saying no fresh linens or towels daily and please use water wisely.

Like I can't live without clean linens daily. NOT.
Well you know what they say 'save water, bath with a friend' Enjoy.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:11 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Not this weekend but the weekend after my 'rent, grandparents and I are going on a recce to Somerset looking for a pub to buy. Should be good, but hardly a holiday
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Well you know what they say 'save water, bath with a friend' Enjoy.

Wooo whoo, sounds like a 'cosey' weekend for Hangman then?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Are you kidding me? The last long weekend of the summer with all those bloody damn tourists coming to the island causing traffic jams and ferry delays!

Not a chance.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:15 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

No ...... why?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:18 pm
End of the line

Originally Posted by Morwenna
No ...... why?
Me either! Didn't get my arse into gear quick enough to sort anything out - but............. My son is coming out to visit next weekend!!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be at home tomorrow, defrosting my fridge/freezer that has turned into a 'santas grotto' and catching up with other chores post-holiday

Have fun all of you lucky peeps in Canada
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Wooo whoo, sounds like a 'cosey' weekend for Hangman then?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by willmore
Are you kidding me? The last long weekend of the summer with all those bloody damn tourists coming to the island causing traffic jams and ferry delays!

Not a chance.
Originally Posted by Morwenna
No ...... why?
Me either! Didn't get my arse into gear quick enough to sort anything out - but............. My son is coming out to visit next weekend!!
Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
I'll be at home tomorrow, defrosting my fridge/freezer that has turned into a 'santas grotto' and catching up with other chores post-holiday
Have fun all of you lucky peeps in Canada

Seeing as lack of vacation time seems to be one of the major complaints about coming to Canada. I was just wondering how many were taking advantage of the last long weekend of the summer.

Myself, I'm with Willmore I wouldn't go anywhere on a long weekend period, but then I have the luxury of not having to.

Cheers
Steve
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:41 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Yes backyard springs to mind - oh we may get to the Southport air show if we are lucky enough that the rain stops. Not as exotic as some. Feel sorry for the saddo's in the UK.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:48 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rae
Yes backyard springs to mind - oh we may get to the Southport air show if we are lucky enough that the rain stops. Not as exotic as some. Feel sorry for the saddo's in the UK.
.lol. Saddos?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.