Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:51 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is anyone going anywhere this weekend...

Originally Posted by rae
Yes backyard springs to mind - oh we may get to the Southport air show if we are lucky enough that the rain stops. Not as exotic as some. Feel sorry for the saddo's in the UK.
I see you are in St Helens. I have an old school friend who lives near Eccleston Mere and Grange Park Golf Club. Anywhere close to you?

I'm originally from Huyton.

Cheers
Steve
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:52 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

sadooo'sss - sad people. what is lol.?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:56 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Bold not too far about 20 mins drive - that's UK driving time though.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 9:56 pm

Pony is an unknown quantity at this point

I though you were coming to play with my MacBook Pro this weekend? I thought we could try out the new iWeb template called 'grumpy' and build a web site dedicated to our favorite BE member

Originally Posted by willmore
Are you kidding me? The last long weekend of the summer with all those bloody damn tourists coming to the island causing traffic jams and ferry delays!

Not a chance.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by rae
We live in Bold not too far about 20 mins drive - that's UK driving time though.
Isn't that somewhere near Burtonwood?

Boy burned out a few brain cells trying to remember that.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:27 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
or is it too late ask and those who are, have already left?
Food and drink with friends (local), some work from home, a good lie-in, Monday (yes, holiday Monday) a 4 hour planning meeting before lunch then free pm, off to Vegas on Tuesday for a 2 day business trip, will try to fit in some bling, dancing girls and suchlike, off work Friday 8th to meet'n'greet relatives @ Vancouver then a 3 day stint in the Rockies, prolly 2 more road trips over the next three weeks in between work days and meetings here and there.

Life is v. busy but mostly excellent.

Rich.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Food and drink with friends (local), some work from home, a good lie-in, Monday (yes, holiday Monday) a 4 hour planning meeting before lunch then free pm, off to Vegas on Tuesday for a 2 day business trip, will try to fit in some bling, dancing girls and suchlike, off work Friday 8th to meet'n'greet relatives @ Vancouver then a 3 day stint in the Rockies, prolly 2 more road trips over the next three weeks in between work days and meetings here and there.

Life is v. busy but mostly excellent.

Rich.
Sounds like a busy time indeed coming up. I hope it all goes according to plan.

I shall look south and give you a wave as I pass through Sicamous westbound on Tuesday afternoon.

Cheers
Steve
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Probably just chill ........catch up on some of this

Friends around this evening and seeing some other friends in the mountains on Sunday for a bar-be-que.........will probably be doing a lot of this relaxing in the sunshine. and may go walking on a nice trail.

oh and got to buy a new bed tomorrow ..........
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:50 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as lack of vacation time seems to be one of the major complaints about coming to Canada. I was just wondering how many were taking advantage of the last long weekend of the summer.

Myself, I'm with Willmore I wouldn't go anywhere on a long weekend period, but then I have the luxury of not having to.

Cheers
Steve
I only asked "why" as I imagined that you might be planning a big party and were going to invite anyone that was free!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I only asked "why" as I imagined that you might be planning a big party and were going to invite anyone that was free!
Sorry to disappoint...

Perhaps some other time once we get back from the coast.

Cheers
Steve
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:28 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to disappoint...

Perhaps some other time once we get back from the coast.

Cheers
Steve
sniff ....... you just carry on enjoying yourselves....... never mind about us.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

or is it too late ask and those who are, have already left?

We're not but we'll be packing and preparing for leaving Tuesday morning for Kamloops for an overnight stay then on to Long Beach (Tofino) Wednesday.

Sounds lovely will you be posting when you are away, or are you going leaving the technology at home?

Hope you have a relaxing time.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by smelly
Sounds lovely will you be posting when you are away, or are you going leaving the technology at home?

Hope you have a relaxing time.
Thanks.

I'll be taking our laptop with us to download my pictures to. We are also supposed to have a high speed internet connection at the condo we are staying at in Parksville. Perhaps I might post the odd picture or two if I get any decent ones.

Cheers
Steve
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:01 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

My travels this weekend will probably be as far as across the river, going to the hot air balloon festival in Gatineau.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:30 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

We've gone to mansion where my OH looks after the horses. It's like a resort, pool, tennis court, hot tub, use of half a dozen horses, ATVs, choice from extensive wine cellar, even tractors and farm implements to play with! As on most long weekends, the owners have gone to their boat and want burglars deterred.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.