Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Anyone else acquired an annoying neighbour?

Anyone else acquired an annoying neighbour?

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Kirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone else acquired an annoying neighbour?

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I see your point, sort of. Surely someone has to stand up to him. If he's dangerous then talk to the police.

Lock your door, put a peep hole in so you don't open it to him. Change your telephone number, block him on the computer. Don't engage him apart from polite greetings.
I don't know so much he's dangerous, but he's rude and can be mean, apartment manager knows this and especially with the eviction notices, warnings and complaints I think they should have sorted this and had him out by now. We pay them enough rent every month, so they at least should be able to provide us with hassle free living.

We keep our door locked the whole time, I don't talk to him anyway and I don't answer the door unless I'm expecting someone. I've told my other half not to answer the door anymore, thing is he gives in and answers after the 3rd time he's appeared at the door just to get rid of him, I've told him tonight under no circumstances answer the door to that idiot again at all. And as for Yahoo mail I've told him to ignore him on there too and block him on there.

I just can't believe anyone could have the cheek to ask us for money or to leech off our internet! It's all rather foreign to me!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kirstine
I don't know so much he's dangerous, but he's rude and can be mean, apartment manager knows this and especially with the eviction notices, warnings and complaints I think they should have sorted this and had him out by now. We pay them enough rent every month, so they at least should be able to provide us with hassle free living.

We keep our door locked the whole time, I don't talk to him anyway and I don't answer the door unless I'm expecting someone. I've told my other half not to answer the door anymore, thing is he gives in and answers after the 3rd time he's appeared at the door just to get rid of him, I've told him tonight under no circumstances answer the door to that idiot again at all. And as for Yahoo mail I've told him to ignore him on there too and block him on there.

I just can't believe anyone could have the cheek to ask us for money or to leech off our internet! It's all rather foreign to me!
So if he isn't dangerous they why are you worried about your car tires being spiked??

re leeching off the internet. I met some terribly nice British people here who were happy to use their next door neighbours wireless hotspot without asking. At least this guy asked.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:39 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Or ask her OH to grow some
That had to be said. From what I can see, it's time for swearing and/or the threat of violence.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:05 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

If this guy has had "eviction notices" (and I note the plural), then you have every right to ask the building manager why he is still there causing you grief. I hope you're keeping a diary of your contacts with this weirdo.

Sounds like it's the building management who've failed to grow the balls here. You pay rent to them, and they're supposed to let you live without nuisances. They recognise this guy as a nuisance, yet he's still there? A letter from a lawyer might be a wise $100 spent...
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:14 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

It all seems pretty weird to me. Has the OP spoken to the buildings manager yet? Where does all the talk of eviction notices come from, the manager or the other residents?

This could just be a lonely person who has no idea of how to relate socially. No one in the block talks to him and they all talk about him so he latches onto the newcomers. The newcomers hear the same talk and they get worried too. He could be harmless and just need a firm hand to keep him at a distance.

Or he could be an outright nuisance that needs dealing with.

Either way this thread has been going on for over a week and the OP doesn't seem to have done anything about it except talk on here.