Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Anyone else acquired an annoying neighbour?

Anyone else acquired an annoying neighbour?

Old Oct 28th 2009, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone else acquired an annoying neighbour?

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
You have to fight fire with fire. When you see him ask him to go to Walmart or the grocery store for you to buy things like tampons and toothpaste. Don't even let him say hello, as soon as you see him say his name and ask him to please do these ridiculous out of the way favors for you. Eventually he'll avoid you like the plague in a stunning role reversal. Problem solved.
Genius

Seriously though OP - I do sympathise with you. We have a whole family of annoying Spanish neighbours - noisy, always fighting, shouting, arguing - being typically Spanish in other words!!!

The worst thing is they tend to walk straight into the house - we have to have all the doors and windows open in summer as it's so hot. When I remonstrated with the 12 year old daughter she just said - well, you can come in our house when you like. I said I didn't want to go in their house - but any time that I do go round I make a point of knocking on the door and waiting till they call me in - teaching by example?

I tried telling her that we need privacy but she just doesn't understand the concept!!!!

Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:38 pm
Banned

sac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lunacrout
I said I didn't want to go in their house - but any time that I do go round I make a point of knocking on the door and waiting till they call me in - teaching by example?
I think it's great that you move to another country and start telling people how they should behave. If only more immigrants to the UK would do the same!
Old Oct 28th 2009, 4:33 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sac_de_loup
I think it's great that you move to another country and start telling people how they should behave. If only more immigrants to the UK would do the same!
Errmm - I don't believe I am telling people how to behave, asking them to not just walk into my home is another matter - I think that applies whatever country you live in.

I did have a very particular reason to ask - my camera went missing from my living room and I suspected who had taken it. Only after threatening to call the Guardia to investigate did the guilty party return it to me - there are several other instances but I won't go into them here!

Last edited by lunacrout; Oct 28th 2009 at 4:40 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 4:35 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

If only more immigrants to the UK would do the same!
The PC brigade does it for them
Old Oct 28th 2009, 4:49 pm
Banned

sac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to allsac_de_loup is a name known to all

Originally Posted by el_richo
The PC brigade does it for them
PC brigade? Are you talking about the filth?
Old Oct 28th 2009, 4:55 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

PC brigade? Are you talking about the filth?
Didn't he do the rounds in Trumpton?
Old Oct 28th 2009, 8:16 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirstine
You're right, we've dropped enough hints and he just won't take it! Apparently the manager wants him out anyway and he already has had two eviction notices so I will definately be telling her! I'm just sooo annoyed with it all, we really like this apartment, it's lovely but we're fed up with the hassle we get from him! 7am in the morning is beyond a joke and it's annoyed me even more because I'm in bed feeling sick with a headache and my other half just wants to get to work in the morning without being hassle by him for no valid reason.
Seems beyond hints - & I suggest your best bet is a complaint, but if that still doesn't appeal - maybe time to play what I call the sickness card if it will get them off your back ( & I don't mean that you actually are, but why not pretend if it will work).

OH states that you are both having trouble settling in
That you are very nervy & things are getting on top of you
His visits are bothering you especially, the trying of the door, early & late night visits
It isn't personal but you both need your space.
Can he please keep the conversation quiet between the two of them to not bother you

Or it could be you taking the role & the nervy OH - whichever - unless by hints, this has already been tried.

I used this method on someone harassing my younger brother who called at my parents house whilst my mum was sick long time ago. It worked, but moved them to harrassing at my house - I was A LOT blunter that time. However, that was a definate work / harrassing problem & this could still be just an incredibly annoying & therefore creepy guy - I don't know.

Really though, it seems to be getting to you & I hope you do something to resolve it, even if it is more unpleasant in the short term to fix it, it isn't tenable in the longer term.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 8:22 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lunacrout

The worst thing is they tend to walk straight into the house
I've had this too, when in Newcastle - however this was when all doors & windows were locked & barred - I lived in such a 'friendly' area, where the culture was open house & whats mine was theirs etc.

Fenham - if anyone knows it - have never experienced anything like it anywhere else.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Kirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to all

So after getting peace for 4 whole days, the door knocks tonight...I didn't catch what he was all talking about to my other half as I was in the kitchen but apparently tonight he asked if he could access OUR internet from his apartment as his has been cut off and he also asked for money!! Of course my other half said no to both but honestly the cheek of it...I was waiting for it though as he asked one of our other neighbours for money not that long ago.

I've told OH to tell our building manager tonight as none of this crap should be happening!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:08 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry you're having this issue K but seriously??????????????????

Get some balls girl - If he knoocks on the door at stupid o'clock tomorrow morning i'd fly to the door, swing it open and yell "Do you have any idea what time it is, obviously you don't because you knock / come over whenever it suits you. The nail in the coffin is you trying the door handle. So I will say this once - Go Away and DO NOT knock on our door again - IS THIS CLEAR???"

Oh and delete / block him from messenger then he can't chat to you.

If you can't bring yourself to do this - i'll come and tell him
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Kirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to all

Haha I guess I'm just too nice for my own good!

But honestly he's the sort of person who even if you did tell him to leave you alone either he wouldn't or he's get hostile I'm guessing.

We're gonna bring it up with the building manager tonight, let them try and sort it and if not we will try and tell him enough is enough.

Ahhh just our luck to end up housed near a total nutjob!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I'm sorry you're having this issue K but seriously??????????????????

Get some balls girl -
Or ask her OH to grow some
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:34 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha I guess I'm just too nice for my own good!

But honestly he's the sort of person who even if you did tell him to leave you alone either he wouldn't or he's get hostile I'm guessing.

We're gonna bring it up with the building manager tonight, let them try and sort it and if not we will try and tell him enough is enough.

Ahhh just our luck to end up housed near a total nutjob!
Oh come on. You won't tell this man to leave you alone in case he gets hostile but you expect the building manager to do sort it out?

Cowards.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Oh come on. You won't tell this man to leave you alone in case he gets hostile but you expect the building manager to do sort it out?

Cowards.
I do tend to "sort my own crap out", I am by no means a soft touch and have confronted people in the past who have peeved me off...

But here's the deal, no-one in the building can stand him, he's pretty much got on everyone's nerves at one point or another and people have told him they ain't interested, he's had several eviction notices and complaints, so to be honest I think it's up to the building manager to sort out now! If I tell him to piss off he's gonna get all arsey and do god knows what, I don't need the hassle of waking up some morning to find nails in my tyres. And I can't be arsed with any hassle from anyone right now nevermind a deranged neighbour.

I started the topic in a "what the hell am I the only one?" kinda sense. That's all.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:59 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I do tend to "sort my own crap out", I am by no means a soft touch and have confronted people in the past who have peeved me off...

But here's the deal, no-one in the building can stand him, he's pretty much got on everyone's nerves at one point or another and people have told him they ain't interested, he's had several eviction notices and complaints, so to be honest I think it's up to the building manager to sort out now! If I tell him to piss off he's gonna get all arsey and do god knows what, I don't need the hassle of waking up some morning to find nails in my tyres. And I can't be arsed with any hassle from anyone right now nevermind a deranged neighbour.

I started the topic in a "what the hell am I the only one?" kinda sense. That's all.
I see your point, sort of. Surely someone has to stand up to him. If he's dangerous then talk to the police.

Lock your door, put a peep hole in so you don't open it to him. Change your telephone number, block him on the computer. Don't engage him apart from polite greetings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.