Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Wikiposts

Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 12:28 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Originally Posted by act1980
Such a fitting username!
Says the one complaing about people being all nasty and horrible.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:00 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldbag
Let's get this right.......Jade Goody has NOT saved lots of women's lives....the fact is she elected to live in the public eye, get married, have her confession heard blah, blah, blah, all for loads of dosh....no other reason, and for weeks it's been a virtual countdown to this day. I'm not suggesting for one minute she should have crawled away into a hole, but for heaven's sake, she did absolutely zilch to help other women in the same situation. Jade Goody was all about Jade Goody, and yes, it's sad that she died, but all this overt weeping and wailing is just so over the top. Buy why is it a "sad loss"? What did she contribute to society that means we will miss her? She was a young uneducated woman with a loud mouth who was fortunate enough to become rich and famous for doing absolutely nothing of any worth. What does that say about today's society! In a year's time few people will remember her. She is being held up now as some sort of heroine.......why? Because she died young, in a blaze of well-organised publicity. Next thing will be her equally well-publicised funeral. I for one refuse to jump on this sentimental bandwagon.
There are far more worthy causes on which to use sympathy and sorrow.
If the government do act on the policy below, she may very well have saved a few lives, at least she can be remembered for that.

I don't think there is a person on the planet who wouldn't turn down offers of money when diagnosed with weeks to live. It's human instinct to protect your children and that is exactly what she did.

As a result of the publicity surrounding Goody's illness, on 13 March 2009 government health ministers agreed to review the NHS's policy of not offering screening for cervical cancer until the age of 25 in England (it is 20 in the rest of the UK).
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit, I've been very shocked at how many have shown hostility and indifference to this thread today...but that's a BE forum thread for ya!

I still stand by what I say - I won't be influenced otherwise! Like others have said, once her funeral has been and gone...give it a few months and Jade Goody will more than likely never be mentioned ever again...that's the world of showbiz for you!

However, her death from cervical cancer, and the rapid rate at which it spread, has made a huge impact on me and I am going to get myself in for my 12 month overdue pap. I have an experience of my own......

Way before Canada, and not long after the birth of my girl (around 1998), I had a smear which came back with a result of "borderline changes" but was told not to worry at all by this result as this could mean there was a slight cervical infection that was present at the time of the procedure. I must have had a 12 month follow up smear test, but I don't remember it, it's so far back. Roll on to the test I had done around the time of our Immigration preparations in 2001 and for some reason I don't remember getting those results, what with everything going on, and never thought to ask about them. When I went back to the UK in 2005 (when Canada failed for us 1st time round) I had my usual smear test back at my old doctor's surgery in Hyde. When I went back for those results, the nurse spent ages checking and double-checking on her computer records and then she told me that as I had had 3 borderline changes results, I should have (by rights) been sent straight away for a colposcopy and that it had been overlooked somehow . I was told that these were in actual fact my 4th reading of "borderline changes"...don't ask me how and why I never received these results So the nurse practitioner carried out yet another smear test, even though I told her we were heading back to Canada a 2nd time. By the time those results came back, I was back living in Red Deer again but my mum phoned to tell me that my UK GP had phoned them desperately trying to get the info to me that the new results had come back upgraded to "mild dyskariosis". I was still assured that the result was bottom rung of ladder stuff and not a sign of full blown CC, but I had to get my Dr here in Red Deer to arrange for me to have a colposcopy. By the way, ALL paps carried out here at Red Deer hospital came back clear. So, I had my colposcopy in '06 and was told there was nothing to be concerned about, and subsequent paps have all come back clear . What the hell is going on? How can 5 years of smears in the UK produce borderline changes and an upgraded change..and yet all the ones done here show nothing! All I can say, is that I do not have a lot of faith/belief that they are as "on the ball" here. I worry constantly that they're missing something on my pap smears, and I don't think I'll settle until I have another smear carried out back home...(yes, another reason why I want to go back home, but obviously not one I have felt the need to broadcast until now! )

Well, me rant is over. Jade has died from cervical cancer that usually has an excellent survival rate IF FOUND AND CAUGHT EARLY....and that's why I feel more sympathetic to her death....I just want to get a proper "all clear" from a UK smear, and until then, my worries/fears continue........
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:22 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Must admit, I've been very shocked at how many have shown hostility and indifference to this thread today...but that's a BE forum thread for ya!

I still stand by what I say - I won't be influenced otherwise! Like others have said, once her funeral has been and gone...give it a few months and Jade Goody will more than likely never be mentioned ever again...that's the world of showbiz for you!

However, her death from cervical cancer, and the rapid rate at which it spread, has made a huge impact on me and I am going to get myself in for my 12 month overdue pap. I have an experience of my own......

Way before Canada, and not long after the birth of my girl (around 1998), I had a smear which came back with a result of "borderline changes" but was told not to worry at all by this result as this could mean there was a slight cervical infection that was present at the time of the procedure. I must have had a 12 month follow up smear test, but I don't remember it, it's so far back. Roll on to the test I had done around the time of our Immigration preparations in 2001 and for some reason I don't remember getting those results, what with everything going on, and never thought to ask about them. When I went back to the UK in 2005 (when Canada failed for us 1st time round) I had my usual smear test back at my old doctor's surgery in Hyde. When I went back for those results, the nurse spent ages checking and double-checking on her computer records and then she told me that as I had had 3 borderline changes results, I should have (by rights) been sent straight away for a colposcopy and that it had been overlooked somehow . I was told that these were in actual fact my 4th reading of "borderline changes"...don't ask me how and why I never received these results So the nurse practitioner carried out yet another smear test, even though I told her we were heading back to Canada a 2nd time. By the time those results came back, I was back living in Red Deer again but my mum phoned to tell me that my UK GP had phoned them desperately trying to get the info to me that the new results had come back upgraded to "mild dyskariosis". I was still assured that the result was bottom rung of ladder stuff and not a sign of full blown CC, but I had to get my Dr here in Red Deer to arrange for me to have a colposcopy. By the way, ALL paps carried out here at Red Deer hospital came back clear. So, I had my colposcopy in '06 and was told there was nothing to be concerned about, and subsequent paps have all come back clear . What the hell is going on? How can 5 years of smears in the UK produce borderline changes and an upgraded change..and yet all the ones done here show nothing! All I can say, is that I do not have a lot of faith/belief that they are as "on the ball" here. I worry constantly that they're missing something on my pap smears, and I don't think I'll settle until I have another smear carried out back home...(yes, another reason why I want to go back home, but obviously not one I have felt the need to broadcast until now! )

Well, me rant is over. Jade has died from cervical cancer that usually has an excellent survival rate IF FOUND AND CAUGHT EARLY....and that's why I feel more sympathetic to her death....I just want to get a proper "all clear" from a UK smear, and until then, my worries/fears continue........

Mornin' Rubes.........I've always made sure I have one done every 3 years, but I couldn't even get one done in that narrow-minded little town where I lived in Ontario! I was told they weren't done as a matter of "routine". It was one of the first things I arranged on my return here last year.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:34 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Just watching the BBC news........presenting an article on "How Jade Goody's Children Will Cope With Her Death"....what next? How they're likely to behave at her funeral, or what they should wear?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Esme
Personally (and I guess I was one of that group of false positives) I'd rather have the tests and the worries than not!
Same as that!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Says the one complaing about people being all nasty and horrible.
That was tame compared to what I was getting from you all the other day!!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 12:17 am
itchy feet again!

Originally Posted by act1980
That was tame compared to what I was getting from you all the other day!!
It certainly was ....and just as mature
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomarense
I love it, really I do..........................., but they're all barstewards with only self-interest in mind.:curse:
Why such animosity for Mr Clifford? He is providing what the public wants (maybe not you) but then why do you not feel such animosity for the producers of the papers and magazines that publish his clients' stories, do you feel the same level of comtempt for those that purchase said materials, if so, how do you get through each day as, I would imagine, the vast majority of those you come into contact read said crap
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Originally Posted by oldbag
Mornin' Rubes.........I've always made sure I have one done every 3 years, but I couldn't even get one done in that narrow-minded little town where I lived in Ontario! I was told they weren't done as a matter of "routine". It was one of the first things I arranged on my return here last year.
... and yet Canada (or so I thought) does annual PAP smears...
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

... and yet Canada (or so I thought) does annual PAP smears...
Yeh, my doctor is always bugging me to have one but I hate it so haven't had one since the last time I was in Scotland(almost 3 years)and every time I get one it shows up 'abnormalities'(no surprise there), one of my customers who recently finished treatment for cervical cancer keeps at me to, think I'll wait till the weather is better(not sure why, I am procrastinating again!)
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

Never had one...Never been asked before about it

I should really go an get one but don't even have a family doctor.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Esme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really niceEsme is just really nice

Originally Posted by babsi

Hate them with a passion, but force myself to go! I wish they'd invent less barbaric/Victorian 'instruments'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Hate them with a passion, but force myself to go! I wish they'd invent less barbaric/Victorian 'instruments'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW, and the way they say 'RELAX and THINK OF SOMETHING NICE':curse:
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:11 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babsi

babsi, yes you really should get one done. I have to say i had my first last year, i never went to the appointments. The thought of it is far worse than the actual smear....it's over in seconds, honest

Make and appointment and stick to it.....please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.