Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:43 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
I would just like to say:
I didn't care much for Jade Goody, BUT I do feel for her family and friends that she has left behind, the same as I would do for anyone who has to deal with this horrible and seemingly more common disease.
I would also like to say how sick and tired I am of people who seem to post on threads in such a negative and hurtful manner because they feel like they have too. The OP was a tribute, rightly or wrongly. If you don't like the content of the thread or have no interest in it, DON"T POST. Go and find somewhere else to play!! I'm sure most of you cyber idiots wouldn't have the balls to say boo to a ghost in the real world!!!
And on the flip side of the coin there are many of us that would
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know why anyone is in this instance saying bad stuff about Max Clifford. He was employed to make her as much money as he possibly could so that her children's future was secure. He seems to have done that very effectively. That there is an appetite for knowing the intimate details of celebrities (and I really wonder why anyone should really care, whether it is Jade Goody or Prince William) appears to be a feature of life in the UK. Too much vicarious living for me though, especially when it comes to people famous for being famous.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nooka
Um, no. The reporting around her may well have led to people going for smears that hadn't otherwise, but that wasn't because anything she actually did is it - given that cancer is something that happens to us, rather than something anyone actually does (unless we are talking about Marie Curie that is)? Or was there something to celebrate in her lifestyle that increased the chance of her getting cancer, or the fact she didn't follow up on her recall letters? I think that would be the same as saying she brought higher awareness of bullying and racism and general stupidity through her behaviour in the Big Brothers, which I don't think anyone has suggested.

Of course it is sad that she has died. It is sad that anyone dies, and very sad for her small sons. But given that she didn't actually add anything of value to the world, I don't think that many people will actually notice any difference at all. One less sleb, I'm sure the next one will be along soon enough.
So donating money to a worthy cause hasn't made a difference?

Anyway, I am entitled to my opinion and I am sticking by what I have said.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:45 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Re Max Clifford - as Nooka said he was paid to do a job, and love him or as most I suspect do - hate him, he is the master at what he does. If he weren't he wouldn't be employed.

You can't blame a guy for doing to the letter what he is paid to do
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:46 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by act1980
So donating money to a worthy cause hasn't made a difference?
Anyway, I am entitled to my opinion and I am sticking by what I have said.

Many people donate to worthy causes every day without recognition
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Many people donate to worthy causes every day without recognition
I'm not disputing that. She didn't brag about donating the money though, she did it to help other people in her situation.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:50 am
Sawdust making harpy

yes but .............. ahhh can't be bothered.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Me either, not in the mood for another ear bashing!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Northernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant futureNorthernlass1 has a brilliant future

I'm surprised at how many posters on this thread hadn't kept their smears up to date before Jade Goody's diagnosis.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 9:55 am
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future

Re Max Clifford - as Nooka said he was paid to do a job, and love him or as most I suspect do - hate him, he is the master at what he does. If he weren't he wouldn't be employed.

You can't blame a guy for doing to the letter what he is paid to do
Sorry Mandy, I'll criticise Clifford at every opportunity. Anyone who caters to the very lowest common denominator of humanity is party to our dumbing.

He is a scavenger of human misery and greed.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:01 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
I'm sure most of you cyber idiots wouldn't have the balls to say boo to a ghost in the real world!!!
Actually I do have the balls Stevo............................

I regular check myself for testicular cancer thats why.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:02 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
Sooooo true!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because people are sat behind their computers it seems to give them a free pass to be assholes!!!!!
Yep I have a prostate exam on a regular basis too
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:03 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the dark side. I {heart} my ignore list.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:04 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
I said in my post i felt sorry for her kids, the fact that Max Clifford made money from her is another issue, thrashing her because she had cancer is something else.
I think if you read through all the posts you would find this is not the case. No-one, I'm sure, would ever "thrash" someone because they have cancer, or any other illness, for that matter. Perhaps you're missing the point.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Yep I have a prostate exam on a regular basis too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.