British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/another-sad-loss-jade-goody-has-passed-away-599111/)

Ruby Murray Mar 21st 2009 8:05 pm

Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

What an awful week it has been for loss...
Along with Natasha Richardson, the British celebrity world & public have lost another famous face. Jade Goody has lost in her fight to cancer....and on Mother's Day too :( :(
Very sad. Sleep well now Jade, your suffering has come to an end.
Rest In Peace xx

ZWogan Mar 21st 2009 8:18 pm

Re: Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray (Post 7406100)
Along with Natasha Richardson, the British celebrity world & public have lost another famous face. Jade Goody has lost in her fight to cancer....and on Mother's Day too :( :(
Rest In Peace xx

No longer in pain - although the pain for her family will be terrible now. My heart goes out to her two young boys.

RIP. xxx

Geordielass Mar 21st 2009 8:41 pm

Very, very sad especially on Mothers Day. I got up and just cuddled my little girl for ages and thought how lucky I was. I really feel for her 2 boys

Yes......very sad indeed

act1980 Mar 21st 2009 9:32 pm

Rest In Peace xx

I have been following her story since the news of her cancer was aired. Such a tragic loss that could have been avoided.

R.I.P Jade xxx

rockspie Mar 21st 2009 9:40 pm

Rest in peace Jade.

Ive also given my 3 girls an extra special kiss and cuddle !! XXXX

deenailz Mar 21st 2009 9:48 pm

i read it this morning and i knew it was gonna happen but my stomach lurched , the poor love , i feel so sad for her little boys :(
RIP JADE xxxx

FlirtyKnickers Mar 22nd 2009 12:25 am

I've been watching on TV, it is very sad indeed. Her poor children, my heart goes out to them.

dbd33 Mar 22nd 2009 12:34 am

Jade Goody has lost in her fight to cancer....and on Mother's Day too

What an erection Max Clifford must have today.

FlirtyKnickers Mar 22nd 2009 12:39 am

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 7406666)
What an erection Max Clifford must have today.

Apparently he's devastated!:sneaky:

He's made a fortune out of her life, i'm sure he make even more now she's gone:sneaky:

Tangram Mar 22nd 2009 12:48 am

Sad, yes, sad loss.... can't bring myself to agree with that one. I would usually use that term with someone who has produced a body of work, sporting achievements etc etc. Can't think of anything like that with JG.

Jay Bird Mar 22nd 2009 12:55 am

Ironic, given that she "battled" her illness with such "courage" and as much publicity as could be flung at it, and now all the family want is "privacy to grieve". Sorry for being a cynic, but what about all the thousands of people suffering all types of illness and deprivation who go about living and dying with dignity......a word JG had probably never even heard of. Sorry folks, I can't be a hypocrite on this one.

Cookie Mar 22nd 2009 1:19 am

It is indeed very sad news about Jade. She was so over the top and vibrant but she never pretended to be anything else and had a good heart dispite enduring a very difficult drug filled family life as a young child.

My heart goes out to her kids.

I really hope that all the media exposure encourages not only more women to get smear testing done, but also change the age of cervical cancer screening to those who are sexually active and is not only available to age 25 and over in England and age 20 and over in Scotland. This would be such a positive step forward for female sexual health.

Rest in Peace Jade

Jingsamichty Mar 22nd 2009 2:18 am

Feel very sorry for Jade and her family, but anyone who hires Max Clifford to represent them must accept that there will be a fair amount of public tut-tutting on the tawdriness of it all.

Last week the BBC website ran a story about OK magazine printing a memorial edition before she was actually dead, and it contained the following line, without even the smallest hint of irony...

"A spokeswoman for Max Clifford, Jade Goody's publicist, said Jade had.... "

FlirtyKnickers Mar 22nd 2009 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty (Post 7406836)

"A spokeswoman for Max Clifford, Jade Goody's publicist, said Jade had.... "

Doesn't that just show how low that man will stoop:sneaky:

Alphawolf Mar 22nd 2009 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Tangram (Post 7406690)
Sad, yes, sad loss.... can't bring myself to agree with that one. I would usually use that term with someone who has produced a body of work, sporting achievements etc etc. Can't think of anything like that with JG.

Although anyone dying, especially so young is sad and the loss to her two sons is tragic and my heart does go out ot them I have to agree with this one, Princess Diana was a sad loss yet the amount of TV and publicity given to JG is comparable to Diana, who was by comparison, a modern day saint, what has Jade Goody ever done but make money out of a reality tv show then turn her own death into the same money making tv show again, quite ironic she was probably one of the most hated "celebrities" in the UK before she got her illness which she could probably could have avoided. People are dying ever day from cancer and I myself have had to watch my own father die from cancer when I was young so I know the heartache and the last thing in the world your family need is publicity.
Hopefully this will be the end of it and Max Clifford will not produce any more tv shows based on Jade Goody's life or death, let her RIP.