Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

UK national coming from PORTUGAL to Italy - what requirements ?

UK national coming from PORTUGAL to Italy - what requirements ?

Old Nov 6th 2021, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

tpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant futuretpw21 has a brilliant future
Default Re: UK national coming from PORTUGAL to Italy - what requirements ?

Originally Posted by C.2s
Yes. My paragraph started "From Bristol to Pisa...". The checks took place in the UK prior to departure by airline staff and on arrival in Italy by border staff.

​​​​​​Perhaps they don't check every flight? Don't think it changes anything about the need for a test...I had driven my car in Italy for four years without being stopped but I always carry the necessary documents... which was just as well when I got stopped by the carabinieri on the way back from the supermarket last week. :-)

I'm going back for 3 and a bit days for a funeral in a few weeks.... does anyone know if we can now use the Day 2 test required by the UK as evidence of a test within 48 hours prior to departure for returning to Italy? I know it was a problem a few months ago because the UK were insisting on PCR testing for day 2, but now it seems that they are the same test. I think. Lateral flow seems to be the same as antigen?
Yes I’d definitely not advise not taking a test!
I can’t see why you’d have a problem using the same test if it’s been done within 48 hours before arriving in Italy.