UK to italy

Old Nov 7th 2021, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Jay84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK to italy

Hi I am italian, but never lived there, what are the requirements? I am hoping toove there in the next 3-5 years, to rome more specifically, I am registered foot health practitioner with my own business and want to know if there is a market in rome for me to set up my own business? I will be moving with my 2 young kids.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 10:05 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to italy

Originally Posted by Jay84
Hi I am italian, but never lived there, what are the requirements? I am hoping toove there in the next 3-5 years, to rome more specifically, I am registered foot health practitioner with my own business and want to know if there is a market in rome for me to set up my own business? I will be moving with my 2 young kids.
Hello.
Did your parents ever register you with AIRE or get you an Italian passport?
Old Nov 7th 2021, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Jay84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Hello.
Did your parents ever register you with AIRE or get you an Italian passport?
unfortunately not but I know the name of my itallain grandad that lived there all his life. I think he's gone now. I really wanna know how to move to italy the best way, I'm saving hard and I have my own business here in the UK which I would like to restart in italy.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

First things first, you'll need to prove you are Italian by getting your Italian passport - otherwise you'll have to obtain a residency visa prior to moving to Italy.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 3:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
First things first, you'll need to prove you are Italian by getting your Italian passport - otherwise you'll have to obtain a residency visa prior to moving to Italy.
And presumably if there is a spouse/partner, get him/her a visa too (and if no spouse/partner, get permission from the children's father to remove them from the UK).
Old Nov 7th 2021, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
And presumably if there is a spouse/partner, get him/her a visa too (and if no spouse/partner, get permission from the children's father to remove them from the UK).

... in addition, another thing to think about with regards moving to Italy to start up a business, is that without speaking Italian you severely restrict your customer market. As a 'registered foot health practitioner' would have thought this was essential.
Old Nov 7th 2021, 4:20 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
... in addition, another thing to think about with regards moving to Italy to start up a business, is that without speaking Italian you severely restrict your customer market. As a 'registered foot health practitioner' would have thought this was essential.
... in addition, the OP would have to check whether their qualifications are valid in Italy. In France, for example, there would be a language exam. to pass before they are validated, and maybe retraining....