Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:48 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Yeah I agree with all of you that northerners are retarded.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
PN - it's not just monetary the N-S divide - having been treated to the snobbery/racism, call it what you will, when I moved south I can confirm this...Opening my mouth labeled me as "thick" or common, so not worth talking to. This wasn't everyone and consisted of a small sub-set at my son's new school, but it existed all the same.
I was from the north of England but never noticed it the UK. But then I only went south for holidays.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by duffer
Yeah I agree with all of you that northerners are retarded.
Where Italy or the UK? Piedmontese are a strange lot but I think it is because they are so close to the French and they are defiantly wacky..
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:14 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
I was from the north of England but never noticed it the UK. But then I only went south for holidays.
I moved down to Sussex and moved out here from there. We were there around 4 years. It really was only a snotty few but it was very obvious. Mainly because the first thing they ask is which part of the North are you from....

duffer - you support Liverpool therefore you would know...
Old Jan 10th 2011, 12:50 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, in Blackpool they ask me silly questions like 'did you live near Albert Square'.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

The Piemontese are a weird lot but I guess we all have our prejudices. I went to the post-office today to pay a bill that's overdue. I tried at 8.30, it was packed and I was worried I'd miss Yoga, I tried again at 10.45 but the place was full and had erupted into the street. I decided to go back at 12.30, hoping to profit from most Italians eating lunch. Unfortunately I had to listen to some bloke's tirade for 40minutes about the fact that there was only this one small post-office for what was a tiny village until they let a load of foreigners move in. I tried my best to behave. Honest I did. Then I piped up: 'Well if you locals don't want foreigners here why do you keep building houses and profiting by selling off all your fields?' I got a round of applause from most people. The bloke was flabbergasted though. Maybe not my friend for life.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 4:56 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Indiebird. I'm gonna tell hubby you think he's weird.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 37100
Indiebird. I'm gonna tell hubby you think he's weird.
oh I only meant in general not the nice Piemontese people I know. There are at least two of them I like. Same as I like Testa and Lorna and they are both from past Watford Gap!
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
The Piemontese are a weird lot but I guess we all have our prejudices. I went to the post-office today to pay a bill that's overdue. I tried at 8.30, it was packed and I was worried I'd miss Yoga, I tried again at 10.45 but the place was full and had erupted into the street. I decided to go back at 12.30, hoping to profit from most Italians eating lunch. Unfortunately I had to listen to some bloke's tirade for 40minutes about the fact that there was only this one small post-office for what was a tiny village until they let a load of foreigners move in. I tried my best to behave. Honest I did. Then I piped up: 'Well if you locals don't want foreigners here why do you keep building houses and profiting by selling off all your fields?' I got a round of applause from most people. The bloke was flabbergasted though. Maybe not my friend for life.
Well said Indie
Old Jan 10th 2011, 6:44 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

oh I only meant in general not the nice Piemontese people I know. There are at least two of them I like. Same as I like Testa and Lorna and they are both from past Watford Gap!
Oy!
Old Jan 10th 2011, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

@Lorna. How did Chloe get on?? Hopefully no repercussions.... xxxx
Old Jan 11th 2011, 1:07 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

@Lorna. How did Chloe get on?? Hopefully no repercussions.... xxxx
She was lucky in the sense that she didn't get a big rollocking or screamed at infront of all the other kids.

She told her Italian teacher (whom she likes) that she had lost all her maths homework.
Teacher Barbara put her hand over her mouth and said "Oh Mio Dio Chloe! Maestra Monica will have a fit. Her hair will turn white!"

Chloe told me she was on the verge of crying again as she told the nice teacher that it was her intention to tell the truth to the maths teacher, that she had honestly done all the work and would offer to do it all again.

Nice Barbara must have taken a little pity on her and offered to stay with Chloe whilst she spoke to the maths teacher.

The maths teacher told Chloe that she won't make her do the holiday worksheets again - what she will do instead is give Chloe some extra maths homework to do over the next two or three weeks. I presume that means when the class gets one page of homework to do, Chloe will get 2 pages.

No sign of the worksheets here and Dad says there is no sign of them at his house either. God only knows where they are !
Thanks for asking.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
She was lucky in the sense that she didn't get a big rollocking or screamed at infront of all the other kids.

She told her Italian teacher (whom she likes) that she had lost all her maths homework.
Teacher Barbara put her hand over her mouth and said "Oh Mio Dio Chloe! Maestra Monica will have a fit. Her hair will turn white!"

Chloe told me she was on the verge of crying again as she told the nice teacher that it was her intention to tell the truth to the maths teacher, that she had honestly done all the work and would offer to do it all again.

Nice Barbara must have taken a little pity on her and offered to stay with Chloe whilst she spoke to the maths teacher.

The maths teacher told Chloe that she won't make her do the holiday worksheets again - what she will do instead is give Chloe some extra maths homework to do over the next two or three weeks. I presume that means when the class gets one page of homework to do, Chloe will get 2 pages.

No sign of the worksheets here and Dad says there is no sign of them at his house either. God only knows where they are !
Thanks for asking.
Dog eat them. That was always my excuse..... Not that we had a dog or anything....
Old Jan 11th 2011, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Thanks for asking.
Well that was a bit of relief although extra maths homework isn't great but Chloe probably felt like she got off lightly!

I just wondered and I know what it feels like as the mum when you get that sinking feeling and then when your child gets upset it's even worse.

I wonder if there is an aeroplane flying around with the worksheets stuffed down the back of the seat....
Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:07 am
The Original Red Head!

Well Antonia was supposed to copy an A4 page of cursive (she writes big) every day of the holidays except the festas. We did 4 and she got told off but with everything going on here right now (should be moving house next week and this is 3rd time lucky having had two fall through) I just didn't push it. Thing is the nun then "punished" her by making her read out loud two pages from the book she should've copied from and apparently told her well done when she had finished... which is honestly why I wasn't that fussed about her doing all the writing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.