Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Old Nov 25th 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Schools, teachers, kids and parents. Education in general.

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I can't believe that I just turned on my desk lamp to reply to you and the bulb blew!

Honestly. You jinxed me. Hope the Christmas tree lighs do work when I bring them up from the cellar.
Why do you think I am called Pecora Nera! Oh honestly my fault again.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 6:05 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I reminded OH about 4 times yesterday that there is no school today, but he still woke me up early this moring when my alarm never went off. Grrrrr.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

All the senior schools in Rome have been "occupati" I can't remember this ever happening in th UK or does it happen these days?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 2:08 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Last week Chloe mumbled something about needing 2 euro for the Invalsi exams.
I just presumed she'd got mixed up and never thought about it again until today when she reminded me that she has to take in 2 euro for the photocopies.

As far as I'm aware the invalsi are state exams.
The parents already provide the school with paper.

What am I being asked to pay for now I wonder? A state exam or toner for the photocopier?

I have had no official or unofficial notes regarding anything Invalsi and unless I do, the school can sing for its 2 euro!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

We never had to pay for anything to do with the Invalsi exams.... only in guilt that our kids were so crappy and would probably show the teachers up!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by indiebird
We never had to pay for anything to do with the Invalsi exams.... only in guilt that our kids were so crappy and would probably show the teachers up!
I thought as much - that is - that you were never asked to pay anything.

I know it's only 2 euro but that's not the point.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

I thought as much - that is - that you were never asked to pay anything.

I know it's only 2 euro but that's not the point.
It sounds to me very much like: 'our photocopier is out of toner and the parents should pay for a new one' to me Lorna, but then I am a bit of a cynic.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by indiebird
It sounds to me very much like: 'our photocopier is out of toner and the parents should pay for a new one' to me Lorna, but then I am a bit of a cynic.
That's what it sounds like to me too - especially when I told Chloe that the teachers have never said anything about these exams and she replied,

"we're not doing the exam yet but I think we're doing some practice ones."

So the school wants all the kids to practice and practice so they'll all get good marks on the proper tests and we're expetced to pay for the copies.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

So the school wants all the kids to practice and practice so they'll all get good marks on the proper tests and we're expetced to pay for the copies.

Erm. Yes. That's about the size of it. You know the teachers are only worried about what it will say about them if the kids get bad marks as it is mostly the teachers who are being judged on how well they can jam the info in and that's why so much pressure and so much practice.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 7:38 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

We have Antonia's Christmas concert in Monday. It's being held in the church attached to the school - at 20.45 p.m. and it's a normal school day on the Tuesday.... What fun!!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
We have Antonia's Christmas concert in Monday. It's being held in the church attached to the school - at 20.45 p.m. and it's a normal school day on the Tuesday.... What fun!!
Flipping heck - that's a bit late isn't it for young kids - late even for older kids. It'll be ages before the concert finishes and you all get home to your beds.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think it's normalish here though isn't it? I must admit that my kid's schools don't really do xmas concerts but the one that H did in the Quinta was 9pm on a wednesday. Quite late when you consider I like to have my kids in bed by 8.30... I presume it's to do with going out after you've eaten dinner when all the parents etc can go. The dancing school concerts are always 9.30-10 start... don't finish until 11-11.30....
Old Dec 9th 2010, 10:20 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

It's every year up to 5 doing it - been told it should only last an hour, but that's from it starting, which we know won't be on time!!!
Old Dec 9th 2010, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's every year up to 5 doing it - been told it should only last an hour, but that's from it starting, which we know won't be on time!!!
Maybe A might need some ProPlus to get her through the rest of the week....
Old Dec 13th 2010, 8:45 am
The Original Red Head!

Got back about 10! Not as bad a time as I'd expected. Good concert - completely secular but in a church with on little prayer at the end! Not one hymn!! Jingle bells, Let It Snow and loads of recorder music! Much better than the materna concert!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.