Ryanair

Old Aug 28th 2009, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

pansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nice
Default Re: Ryanair

Quite often I flit off on my own like you say ryanair okay. I do thinks its different if youre travelling with a young family or baby.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 2:49 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Again I don't want to sound like I'm promoting BA but you're allowed 23kg in hold baggage and 23kg in hand luggage. Plus you can take 1 trolley and 1 laptop sized bag. Plus for kids you're allowed 1 pushchair + 1 carseat. The best thing is numbered seating so you don't have to bother to queue at the gate.
Certainly from 1999 to 2005 I was using Ryanair every 3-4mths or so and was paying little but the last couple of times it was just too stressful and with the extra charges there wasn't much difference between BA although BA still remains generally dearer it's worth it for the convenience.
Of course if you're travelling on your own with just a trolley you can't beat Ryanair for price. Mind you I switched to Easyjet and BA in 2006 just to fly into Gatwick.
If I could I'd fly BA or Easyjet or anything but.... I would. Can you upgrade to 32k at the airport or do you have to do it on line when booking. (too lazy to look.) Had a row at check-in at Manchester with Ryanair because they wanted me to put my (very small) handbag in my hand luggage before going through customs. There was plenty of room in my hand luggage but I didn't want the hassle of putting it away and getting out again etc. Told me they wouldn't let me on the plane. No one checked me at the gate but others were.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bricwood
and some sort of pop star who I did not recognise telling people about his new record,
Could have been Suggs from Madness, I've spotted him at Brindisi Airport a few times now.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 10:57 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

unfortunately not suggs, I like suggs, it was a boy looked about 20 with what could have been his mum, other people recognised him, including the black actor from eastenders, I have never seen anyone of note flying to Venice but this route seems to attract semi famous , lysette anthony was on the flight out
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

There does appear to be quite a few celebrities with homes down here, I agree, and if you want to fly into Brindisi Ryanair seems to be the only choice, unless you want to change flights en route.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

wanabethere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pansy
waiting for flight back from Dublin RE. hand luggage they had staff as you went for your flight if your hand luggage did not fit in the bag thingies you had to pay and have it put in the luggage hold (people had to pay). Also anything you buy at the airport must be put in the hand luggage they are being very strict on this. Hold luggage lots of folks with overweight luggage having to pay extra.
What happens all the clothes , bags etc that people throw away because their luggage is overweight . We were in Stanstead for a good while waiting for the Pescara flight and this young lad threw a bag with a computer at me and told me he would be back in a few mins. I got such a shock that I just held the bag. OH woke up from his 40 winks and was horrified . Drugs , bombs or worse what was I thinking. I explained that the lad didnt look like someone who would be involved in anything like that . Think OH despairs of me. Just then the young lad came back. I think he had realized that he had not explained anything . He was just trying to get under the weight . He threw away the case of the computer , clothes and loads of text books. Do BAA sell the stuff or give the money to charity . Maybe they just dump it. Maybe it goes into that nice man Michael O Leary's retirement fund Any ideas?
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:35 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanabethere
What happens all the clothes , bags etc that people throw away because their luggage is overweight . We were in Stanstead for a good while waiting for the Pescara flight and this young lad threw a bag with a computer at me and told me he would be back in a few mins. I got such a shock that I just held the bag. OH woke up from his 40 winks and was horrified . Drugs , bombs or worse what was I thinking. I explained that the lad didnt look like someone who would be involved in anything like that . Think OH despairs of me. Just then the young lad came back. I think he had realized that he had not explained anything . He was just trying to get under the weight . He threw away the case of the computer , clothes and loads of text books. Do BAA sell the stuff or give the money to charity . Maybe they just dump it. Maybe it goes into that nice man Michael O Leary's retirement fund Any ideas?
I know where it would go if most people had the choice. lol
Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:32 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure the security staff take first and last pick. The remnants get dumped. I don't think they are allowed to sell them for security reasons.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Hate, hate hate!! That horrible irish man would rob graves if he could make a decent amount of money out of it. I will concede that i can fly out of Torino with BA to Gatwick which is my airport of preference, but the cost is more, but i choose who to pay my money and it isn't to that smug, irish, child-hating bigot I can tell you. Our cases were about 1-2kg over the 23kg baggage allowance coming back with BA but the girl accepted them without question. The Ryanair people enjoy watching you struggle imho!! Our flight back to the UK with BA was cancelled, but it was cancelled in good time. We phoned the airport, they had put us on the evening flight and we got €250each in less than a week by sending off a form for compensation. Didn't feel so painful at all!!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 4:01 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Last flight with Ryanair I had to take 4 bars off choc out of my luggage because I was over weight. Yes, you read right. Four x 230g of Cadbury's milk choc. Shoved it in my hand luggage which thankfully, they didn't weigh.

P.s. welcome back indiebird.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Clarabella09 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never flown with Ryanair but I can't think of one person I know who has a good word to say about them.

I'm flying with Meridiana to Florence this weekend and have heard mixed things about them so will wait and see.
I paid a bit extra to get a slightly bigger luggage allowance but fear I will still go over...
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:37 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clarabella09
I've never flown with Ryanair but I can't think of one person I know who has a good word to say about them.

I'm flying with Meridiana to Florence this weekend and have heard mixed things about them so will wait and see.
I paid a bit extra to get a slightly bigger luggage allowance but fear I will still go over...
p

In 3 years we have had very few probs with them - delays mainly but not often. I wouldn't worry, but then I think I am the only person who had a good experience with Ryan!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

bobbob is an unknown quantity at this point

I am with you, testarossa. We fly in and out of Lamezia four or five times a year, and I can only remember one serious delay - when the airport staff counted more people on to the plane than actually existed ! By and large, a good and inexpensive service, although often lacking in the comfort and charm department.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 10:08 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbob
I am with you, testarossa. We fly in and out of Lamezia four or five times a year, and I can only remember one serious delay - when the airport staff counted more people on to the plane than actually existed ! By and large, a good and inexpensive service, although often lacking in the comfort and charm department.
Sorry, my post was misleading I now realise! I was talking about Meridiana, but threw in the thing about Ryanair to say I seem to be easy to please!
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:30 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

How easy are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.