Ryanair

Old Aug 17th 2009, 5:12 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ryanair

Hate them, but it was the best option from mid-north Italy. Was, because they've cancelled their flights out of Manchester from 1st Oct. Second time they've done that to me. Hate them, hate them, hate them.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair

Blimey thats really unfair - so many people hate them surely they cant have many customers left
Lets all give them the
Old Aug 17th 2009, 7:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patty
Blimey thats really unfair - so many people hate them surely they cant have many customers left
Lets all give them the
Vote with your bum, sit on another airline seat.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:07 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Vote with your bum, sit on another airline seat.
I'd love to, but the next best option is Lufthansa via Frankfurt/Munich followed by B.A. from Milano malpensa ( 3hrs down the motorway and VERY pricey). You can only go to London from here.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

wanabethere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 37100
I'd love to, but the next best option is Lufthansa via Frankfurt/Munich followed by B.A. from Milano malpensa ( 3hrs down the motorway and VERY pricey). You can only go to London from here.
I think most of us would not be able to go over as often as we do only for the dreaded Ryan air. I suppose we have to think of it as a bus on wings, no extras but at least it goes on time for the most part. WE didn't have a house before Ryan air came into being . What were the fares like then? Was there much of a difference ?
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:28 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

We tend to fly in and out of London airports but to get to Spain we travel within Italy instead. So we fly into Rome or Milan. The trains here are cheaper than within the UK or Spain so it is the best option. 37100 I'd look at Pisa maybe - Ryan fly into Liverpool all year around from there. I know the 3 hours plus on the train is a pain but if it makes it easier at the other end it might be worth a look at. Jet2 cancel all their Manchester flights from October too, so it makes me wonder if it is the airlines or the airport in this case, although I know Ryan is notorious for cancelling flights when it suits them.

When we went to Spain 2 weeks ago we flew out with Vueling from Rome at 22.10 and had to fly back to Bergamo with Ryan so we didn't have to stay over in Rome. The flight back with Vueling landed at 21.30 making it next to impossible to get the last train back to Florence. 2 weeks before their flights had been at 19.55 from Rome and 15.30 from Spain, I can only assume they got bumped because of the extra summer traffic!

Hope you can find a solution!!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:29 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by wanabethere
I think most of us would not be able to go over as often as we do only for the dreaded Ryan air. I suppose we have to think of it as a bus on wings, no extras but at least it goes on time for the most part. WE didn't have a house before Ryan air came into being . What were the fares like then? Was there much of a difference ?
We used ryanair the first time in about 1996/7. Can't remember exactly. Venice to london was about E50 for the 4 of us. B.A./Alitalia cost about E500. A big difference and you had a normal luggage allowance.
Ryanair is ALWAYS on time because if it's not... they've cancelled it. Been left stranded at an airport many times.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:36 pm
Concierge

Testarossa, my main problem is in the u.k. because I have to go on to Blackpool by train and then bus. Ryanair goes bergamo - liverpool or treviso to liverpool but both get in after 23.00 and doesn't leave enough time to catch the train. I'll look up the other flights but for now our late Sept trip is off.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

wanabethere is an unknown quantity at this point

We used ryanair the first time in about 1996/7. Can't remember exactly. Venice to london was about E50 for the 4 of us. B.A./Alitalia cost about E500. A big difference and you had a normal luggage allowance.
Ryanair is ALWAYS on time because if it's not... they've cancelled it. Been left stranded at an airport many times.
I know about the cancellations. Last January when Stanstead was closed because of snow we were flying out from Ancona. We drove the three hours to there and were then told that there was going to be no flights that day. after waiting in the Q for ages , we were told that we would have to wait a week or fly out through Rome the next day. We were not even offered a cup of tea. There were parents with small kids and again nada. Ryan air does not do the sympathy bit and they didn't even offer compensation to anyone.
The trip to Rome was something else in the middle of Jan. when we got to the airport again hassle about the onward flight. I guess you get what you pay for.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:10 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Testarossa, my main problem is in the u.k. because I have to go on to Blackpool by train and then bus. Ryanair goes bergamo - liverpool or treviso to liverpool but both get in after 23.00 and doesn't leave enough time to catch the train. I'll look up the other flights but for now our late Sept trip is off.
The Pisa one is around 17.30 - but it would be a drive to get there! Or train!

Having said that, by the time you start looking at flying from Pisa you may as well throw Geneva and a few French or German airports into the equation!!
Old Aug 18th 2009, 7:49 am
Just Joined

bobbob is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Ryanair

Oh how we Brits do love to moan ! Without Ryanair et al, most of us would not be doing what we are doing, so lets big it up to the great god O'Leary, and hope that he continues to send the big silver birds to Italy.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:28 am
The Original Red Head!

This whole thing is a big row with Manchester airport about the added costs on top of Ryanair's charges. Over 600 jobs could go plus every Ryan flight out of Manchester, sorry, not could go, have gone......
Old Aug 18th 2009, 10:40 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by bobbob
Oh how we Brits do love to moan ! Without Ryanair et al, most of us would not be doing what we are doing, so lets big it up to the great god O'Leary, and hope that he continues to send the big silver birds to Italy.
Never been left stranded by them, have you? Don't worry. You're turn will come.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

bolognagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wanabethere
I totally agree with wanabethere - if it wasn't for Ryanair I wouldn't get to go home nearly as often as I do. I compare prices every time I book flights and usually with BA I would be paying €300+ more for a round trip.

Apart from the usual delays I've been very lucky with Ryanair (touch wood!). You have to play by their rules and read the small print, but I can't complain.

The recent bad news is that they're stopping winter flights to Glasgow Prestwick from Pisa and Bergamo ...

ciao
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Cassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really nice

Hate hate hate Ryanair but no other direct route from London area to Pescara, once at Pescara can get public transport to our house easily (cost €1.00 time 1 hr) and so not prepared to fly somewhere else and then have to rent a car and drive for a couple of hours. Therefore have to grit teeth and put up with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.