Reload this Page >

Properties in Calabria

Properties in Calabria

Old Sep 12th 2007, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Boydy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Properties in Calabria

Originally Posted by SPARTAN
Just bought Residential Amusa in Caulonia Di Marina. Going out in Sept. Anyone bought in the same place?
I have only just joined.

I have bought in residential amusa, just back from an inspection visit. I have been told completion is 1.12.2008, however some other sites i have seen quote it as 1.6.2008.

What date have you been quoted?

Cheers
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:57 am
Just Joined

phil1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Properties in Calabria

in the process of buying a property at Isca Marina near Soverato on the east coast, due for completion around oct 08, could do with any recomendations for the following
1, air con
2, electrical goods ie tv, fridge etc
3, furniture
4, anybody to fit kitchen cupboards etc
if anybody is in the same boat please contact me
thanks in advance
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:28 am
Just Joined

dean4travel2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alimcg15
Hi folks,

I have just returned from Calabria and a wonderful 5 days inspection visit. I stayed on the East coast in a place close to Rochella Ionica. I have put a reservation down on a property which will be built come the end of 2009. The area is stunning and with the beautiful beaches on one side and the mountains on the other you cannot fail to be impressed. The locals all seem very friendly and are more than helpful to tourists. I understand there have been a lot of restrictions placed on the developers regarding positioning and height of new builds. I cannot wait to go back. But am at present looking for a Lawyer who is based or has offices in Calabria.

Regards

Ali
hello thinking of buying in calabria - wondered if you had any tips as due for inspection trip in novemeber.
company thegpg.com are asking for us to purchase flight tickets but will give us full refund on return - without obligation to buy - ?
Also did you negotiate any reduction in the original price - if so how much either amount of percentage would be helpful?#
also any aread you would recommend
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:29 am
Just Joined

dean4travel2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hello all

Anybody buying ( or thinking of buying) a property on one of the new developments in Calabria ?

If so could you please let me have your thoughts on the area and the properties that are available.

Any tips, suggestions and the best location.............or where to avoid.

Thanks

Mel
hello thinking of buying in calabria- doing inspection trip Novemeber wondered if you have any experience or advice
Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond reputeMrsTeapot has a reputation beyond repute

Go on your own. Take about 5 days if you can. Book your own appointments in many different areas. It is amazing when you get to some areas how shocked you can be. (good shocked and bad shocked). Look out of season (like now) and especially when its not baking hot. The developers will tell you what you want to hear.

Are you happy to buy into a development of mostly all English people? (I imagine you have already considered this). What is the infrastructure like now in your area.

Check out the airlines. Already it is rumoured that Thomson fly have pulled out Calabria for the next Summer season, which leaves you with Ryan Air only. If they pull out in the future, will you travel from, say, Naples or Rome? Developers will insist that air travel will grow due to demand, but have seen this happen in Spain, only for few years down the line the cheap airlines to all pull out.

Are you happy to drive in Italy - if so, have you tried it? (It takes a bit of getting used to for some people).

Have you added up the costs of communal charges, all utility bills, mortgage (if you need one), airline tickets, etc etc?

How often do you plan to use it? Do you plan to rent it out? If so, you are heavily taxed (so I'm led to believe) on rentals.

It might be the best thing you ever did.

I wish you luck.
Old Oct 21st 2007, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

TYKE2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mrs Teapot??

Your advice is spot on. I went over independently and had the opportunity to travel around and see all that was available with no pressures.

Thomson have pulled out i think. Lamezia airport has just announced a major expansion to accomopdate Ryan air and Crotone Airport has just been taken over by a major investor with ties to Ryan air also. So hopefully things will get better on the travel front.

Tyke
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

jeff46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Phil1968.

Is your place at Isca Marina San Rocco 2 by any chance? If so we will be neighbours.

Jeff
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Jeff

Sorry im over on the west coast at Stromboli views in Ricadi. Development by Sandloka.

I went to see your place and did like the locaton so close to the beach. I hope the marina comes off, will be great then.

Tyke
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Joe

Im not certain , but i think that this bianco site didnt go ahead due to planning. People who reserved were transfered to Coulonia or Isca.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

alimcg15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Things are not sounding particularly great at the moment, reading this forum. I put down a reservation in April and i am still waiting my contract. My lawyer is having difficulty getting hold of Medsea. Is anyone else struggling with this?

Ali
Old Oct 28th 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Some people seem ok with them , others not. But if you don't get a contract , they don't get the money.
I think some should have completed at the first Isca phase last week and some at Marasusa at Tropea. I know one at Marasusa that didnt complete to plan, not sure why. See th epm I sent you.

Tyke
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

I struggled to get hold of both Medsea and Giambrone & Law when San Rocco 2 went wrong at the back end of last year because they didn't have planning permission! However it now appears to be back on track,albeit in a new 'improved' location near Isca Marina and I appear to have benefited from a slightly larger Apartment on a higher floor so fingers crossed it all works out!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

I have seen other buyers talking about the development being "moved".

So its a different development then surely. Bianco must be 20 miles from Isca.

Tyke
Old Oct 28th 2007, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Same Development in that the name,,number of properties,layout,prices etc are the same but different location. Took us about 20 minutes to walk from the Train Station when we made our own way there in the Summer. I think the Station was Soverato but can't be sure. Anyway it was a good location so we're hoping it lives up to expectations.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Paolo Serventi is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m Italian journalist and I live in Isca Marina in Summer, I hope you have no problems to came here. About SanRocco2 I kown for sure that they have all planning permission from march 2007. The works go very well, the apartments are built at 60% .
A few days ago it was open a winter olimpionic swimming-pool near San Rocco2, near the sea, with bar, shops, etc.
The locals are waiting for you, a lot of them are studying English ( like me).
Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.