Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Properties in Calabria

Properties in Calabria

Old Dec 8th 2007, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Paolo Serventi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mel Properties in Calabria....for ever

I have nothing against Tuscany but my Calabria is the best place in Italy , for me. Beautiful sea near the green mountain full of mushrooms porcini, good food. Calabria is both Liguria e Tuscany together in one land, my.
So Cabria is the better place to live unforgettable holiday.

I live on Summer in Isca Marina, and for me it is a a Paradise.

Ciao,
Paolo
Old Dec 12th 2007, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

Nardini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Properties in Calabria

As always, it pays to do some research before spending your money. Yes, Calabria is a very beautiful place, but it has its pitfalls -as does everywhere.

I suggest that you use Google and a map to thoroughly check your possible investment BEFORE you sign or pay out ANYTHING. Be careful.

Here is a little on the saga of Vista Montagna... to sharpen you up a little. You might like to browse another forum that is concerned with all things Calabrian ... even Tyke can be found there...

You MUST be wary, also, of any possible illegal building works - even very luxurious buildings have been built without approvals - and things are tightening up all the time. If you buy an illegally built building, you will lose it completely - with no redress of course, as you would have bought it from criminals at the end of the day.

As far as legal opinion is concerned - get at least TWO views. Don't just trust to a lawyer because he/she speaks English or has an office in the UK.

In other words, be very, very careful.

After that, you can enjoy the sun...

Last edited by Nardini; Dec 12th 2007 at 1:20 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

TYKE2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that

Id not seen the eye on worldwide thread, no one seems to have questioned the fact that the development has a sea view but is named "Mountain View". Rings alarm bells to me.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Paolo Serventi is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Nardini,
I dont speak English very well so you can trust on me? I dont think so.
What you write is what everyone must do before buying a house. People I Know (from when I was a kid) are serious, they are workig seriosly for the future of their family e for the future of Calabria.
I dont understand what you say about the saga (explain to me), but I kwow that in Isca Marina things go on, I can speak olnly for my town, where I was born e where I go back on Summer.

I haved more problems here in Milan when I bought my house than in Calabria. So be careful in Calabria and everywhere...

Saluti
Paolo
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Domenico is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
My name is Domenico. Calabria is wonderful. Today the temperature is + 20 °.
Many english people and irish people want buy houses in Calabria. We have wonderful sea, sun, beaches and food. It is easy to come to Calabria too by plane. Ask me about calabria
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:05 am
Just Joined

phil1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello there Domenico, where abouts in Calabria are you ?. I am in the process of buying in Isca Marina near Soverato at the moment. I will use it myself and with members of my family but i will also rent the property during the very hot summer months. I am due to holiday there in june for 2 weeks with my wife and 2 boys (4 and 6) can you recommend some good days out, maybe an aquapark as the boys love them:
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Domenico is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phil1968
hello there Domenico, where abouts in Calabria are you ?. I am in the process of buying in Isca Marina near Soverato at the moment. I will use it myself and with members of my family but i will also rent the property during the very hot summer months. I am due to holiday there in june for 2 weeks with my wife and 2 boys (4 and 6) can you recommend some good days out, maybe an aquapark as the boys love them:
I live in Reggio Calabria. Isca is in province of Catanzaro. It is a good investiment buy an apartement in Calabria. Isca is a nice village. It lives only with tourism. i think you will come with plane from london to Lamezia. it is an excellent idea rent a car. You "have to" visit many wonderful places: Soverato, Pizzo, Tropea and all villages close Isca. There is a good aquapark in Zambrone (VV) close Tropa .
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

many thanks for the information
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

jonworthy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all. Just discovered this site. I've been on the Calabria homes site for a while. My wife and I, Mel (yes another Jon & Mel!), have just bought in Calabria, on the east coast, Cariati.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:49 am
Just Joined

hello jonworthy, i to am from In Calabria forum also (wrighty) when are you looking to be ready and which development are you going to be on ?
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:26 am
Just Joined

jonworthy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Phil,
I am buying in Al Molo which is meant to be ready sometime late summer!?
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Nig63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Properties in Calabria

Originally Posted by phil1968
Hi Phil - we have purchased at the Isca Dreams development in Isca Marina and are due to complete in March or April this year. Where are you?? We plan to rent out in July/August due to the heat, but are looking forward to spending time there in May/June/Sept. Have you done much travelling around? There are some great drives in the mountains but take a packed lunch as everything shuts during the afternoon! Might bump into you on the beach - Nig & Maz
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nig63
Hi Phil - we have purchased at the Isca Dreams development in Isca Marina and are due to complete in March or April this year. Where are you?? We plan to rent out in July/August due to the heat, but are looking forward to spending time there in May/June/Sept. Have you done much travelling around? There are some great drives in the mountains but take a packed lunch as everything shuts during the afternoon! Might bump into you on the beach - Nig & Maz
hello there,
we are at Isca marina block 13 (the 2 bed duplex apartments). 1st floor. We had an email yesterday to say the property is complete, so its just a matter of sorting the rest of the mortgage out which should be 4-6 weeks. We then have to give IC about 3 weeks notice to go over and sign at the notary etc. I have already booked flights to take the wife and kids out there mid June. I like you am looking to rent it out especially july-august time. Have you been made aware of any management co to arrange cleaning etc that can come recomended ? may see you around
Old Feb 14th 2008, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Nig63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Phil - we got our completion papers today so will be going out in March to sign.

Regarding a management company I heard a rumour that an English guy who has bought several properties on the East Coast is planning to organise one. If we hear anything we'll let you know.

Cheers
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nig63
Hi Phil - we got our completion papers today so will be going out in March to sign.

Regarding a management company I heard a rumour that an English guy who has bought several properties on the East Coast is planning to organise one. If we hear anything we'll let you know.

Cheers
Thanks a lot and best of luck
Phil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.