Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Properties in Calabria

Properties in Calabria

Old Mar 10th 2007, 3:11 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Properties in Calabria

Hello all

Anybody buying ( or thinking of buying) a property on one of the new developments in Calabria ?

If so could you please let me have your thoughts on the area and the properties that are available.

Any tips, suggestions and the best location.............or where to avoid.

Thanks

Mel
Old May 7th 2007, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Missi is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Properties in Calabria

Have you bought in calabria yet? I'm thinking of buying in cantazaro?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

alimcg15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Properties in Calabria

Hi folks,

I have just returned from Calabria and a wonderful 5 days inspection visit. I stayed on the East coast in a place close to Rochella Ionica. I have put a reservation down on a property which will be built come the end of 2009. The area is stunning and with the beautiful beaches on one side and the mountains on the other you cannot fail to be impressed. The locals all seem very friendly and are more than helpful to tourists. I understand there have been a lot of restrictions placed on the developers regarding positioning and height of new builds. I cannot wait to go back. But am at present looking for a Lawyer who is based or has offices in Calabria.

Regards

Ali
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice
Default Re: Properties in Calabria

While I appreciate the advantages that new developments bring to Calabria in terms of badly needed jobs for the locals in the area, I am glad to hear that the authorities there are putting restrictions on what and how can be built. I hope that the Regione Calabria follows the example of Sardinia and avoid turning Calabria into another Spain, ruined by over development. Something that as an Italian I really don't want to see.

From what I have been told by people I know that have connections to Calabria, Catanzaro is not the greatest of areas.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:50 am
Just Joined

Austin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not long back and purchased in Brancaleone which is a stunning beachfront holiday destination on the South West coast. The development has everything from an 18 hole golf course, shopping centre, beach club, tennis, crazy golf...... everything you can think of. It is around 40 mins drive from the closest airport in Reggio de Calabria where the low cost flights will be flying into. Reggio is next to Sicily and you can get boat trips over in about 20 mins. Please PM me or e-mail
if you want to know any more about it. Can´t wait to go again, it is a fantastic place.

Last edited by jdr; Jun 16th 2007 at 2:18 pm. Reason: removing email they can contact you from clicking on username
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

SPARTAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alimcg15
Hi folks,

I have just returned from Calabria and a wonderful 5 days inspection visit. I stayed on the East coast in a place close to Rochella Ionica. I have put a reservation down on a property which will be built come the end of 2009. The area is stunning and with the beautiful beaches on one side and the mountains on the other you cannot fail to be impressed. The locals all seem very friendly and are more than helpful to tourists. I understand there have been a lot of restrictions placed on the developers regarding positioning and height of new builds. I cannot wait to go back. But am at present looking for a Lawyer who is based or has offices in Calabria.

Regards

Ali
Just bought Residential Amusa in Caulonia Di Marina. Going out in Sept. Anyone bought in the same place?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:52 am
Just Joined

No I did look at that development among others but decided on Jewel of the Sea after my visit due to the facilities. Some of the other developmens promise facilities but how much would the community fees be to keep them up. Jewel of the Sea has around 500 units like a mini village therefore they have enough people contributing to the facilities, if you only have a few units then think how much the fees would be?
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Austin1
No I did look at that development among others but decided on Jewel of the Sea after my visit due to the facilities. Some of the other developmens promise facilities but how much would the community fees be to keep them up. Jewel of the Sea has around 500 units like a mini village therefore they have enough people contributing to the facilities, if you only have a few units then think how much the fees would be?
I can see your point of view, but have you considered that it could depend on what your condominium fees pay for. If it pays for drives and path repairs, repainting of outside of all buildings, repair of all roofs, all the outside lighting, more than one pool to maintain, upkeep of other extensive areas, etc, etc, it could be a similar annual cost because it is so large a site to maintain. Have they given you a ball-park figure? It also depends who in the end will be in charge of the condominium fees. Will it be down to a committee of property owners or is the developer in charge of the fees?

Last edited by mrs teapot; Jul 30th 2007 at 4:50 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:42 am
Just Joined

As in most places the developer will run the community for the first year and then it will be handed over to the owners to run with the administration company.

They are looking at a figure of €480 per year per unit, I am sure this will go up and be more like €1,000 a year but even at that it is still reasonable. This fee will cover the upkeep and maintenance of everything on the site, gardens, pools, community lights etc.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Austin1
As in most places the developer will run the community for the first year and then it will be handed over to the owners to run with the administration company.

They are looking at a figure of €480 per year per unit, I am sure this will go up and be more like €1,000 a year but even at that it is still reasonable. This fee will cover the upkeep and maintenance of everything on the site, gardens, pools, community lights etc.
I think you are correct. Most developers quote around the 400 ish mark but in reality its often a lot more. Though I there must be incidences whereby its cheaper or the same. Perhaps someone on here would be able to say what they were quoted and what they really pay?

I wouldnt think it would be more than 800-1000 euros, so you are not far wrong.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:07 am
Just Joined

JohnC is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just reserved an offplan development in Calabria.

Has anyone got any recommendations for English Speaking local legal companys that can do conveyancing?

What are other peoples experiences on legal side?

Thanks
John
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 7:58 am
Just Joined

The legal company I am using is called Giambrone & Law, they are based in London but also have people out in Calabria, seem to be one of the larger companies operating out there for various developers. If you look them up on the web you will find them.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 9:44 am
Just Joined

JohnC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Austin.

What are their fees ?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:00 am
Just Joined

We are paying 1,500 pounds but I suppose it would vary depending on the development. I purchased in Jewel of the Sea.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Joe16 is an unknown quantity at this point

We visited Bianco in Calabria about 16 months ago looking to find a holiday home,we were shown the site for San Rocco 1 which we thought looked good.The only thing that bothered us was the artists impression of what was next door to the developement,it was nothing like what was there and we lost all confidence in the purchase.Does anybody know how far this project has got ,it was supposed to be finished by Christmas 07.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.