Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Properties in Calabria

Properties in Calabria

Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Andys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really niceAndys2k is just really nice
Default Re: Properties in Calabria

Hi Gessy,

Would you by any chance look after property rentals, long or short term?

Thanks
Andy
Old Apr 8th 2008, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

olive10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know a rough guide price for renting a property out july and august ?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

TYKE2 is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends upon where the proerty is.
Im told that it can be as high as 1200 euro a week in Tropea in July August for a 2 bed. Depending on quality. It would be half this outside in mid season and less in winter.
I have seen a full shedule published by th etourist board, posted on the Calabriahomes site.

Tyke
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

Andy R is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by phil1968
hello there,
we are at Isca marina block 13 (the 2 bed duplex apartments). 1st floor. We had an email yesterday to say the property is complete, so its just a matter of sorting the rest of the mortgage out which should be 4-6 weeks. We then have to give IC about 3 weeks notice to go over and sign at the notary etc. I have already booked flights to take the wife and kids out there mid June. I like you am looking to rent it out especially july-august time. Have you been made aware of any management co to arrange cleaning etc that can come recomended ? may see you around
We were told to complete in March 2008. So we went to Calabria the first week in April 2008. What a mess the house is no where near complete. The structure could be with a little work but the water and electricity will not be connected until after completion. Also I had to pay 100 Euro for a boiler. It is the grounds that is worrying. To complete on a propert without a fence or driveway. If you rent that out you will be liable for the safety of the guests. Basically it is not safe.
In the contract I read that it has to be fit for purpose. As its purpose is a holiday home it clearly is not.
So now I will delay completion until it is fit for purpose - which to me means when the structure is closed with a paved driveway like a block near by.
Also there is a debt to be paid on the land which meant we could not complete.
If you would like photos contact me
Andy
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gillygilly
Hi,

Has anybody signed up to buy a property in Isca Calabreta? We have and we are having no luck in finding out how the development is going! Any information, however small, will be gratefully received.
I was at Isca Marina on 2nd April 2008. What would you like to know. I have photos of Isca Marina Block 13.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by phil1968
Hello Gillygilly,
We are in the process of buying at Isca Marina, which i believe is close to you. I could not tell you of any progress but if you go to www.calabriahomes.com or .co.uk not sure which, and post on the forum there, i am sure you would get some response.
I was at Isca Marina on 2nd April 2008. Some homes are close to being finished.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:41 am
Just Joined

sunnylady is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just rented out our place for a week. Great that should help pay the electricity bills and a bottle of wine.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

sunnylady is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunnylady
We have just rented out our place for a week. Great that should help pay the electricity bills and a bottle of wine.
Even better, our agent has let our place out for a week in the summer as well. I may be able to buy 2 bottles of wine now, even at this exchange rate!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

david1963 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hello all

Anybody buying ( or thinking of buying) a property on one of the new developments in Calabria ?

If so could you please let me have your thoughts on the area and the properties that are available.

Any tips, suggestions and the best location.............or where to avoid.

Thanks

Mel
i have bought a 2 bed apartment in caulonia marina , calabria ,i think this development is now sold out but others available ,i used italian connections and found them very helpful
dave
Old May 1st 2008, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Bet and Graham is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Has anybody signed up to buy a property in Isca Calabreta? We have and we are having no luck in finding out how the development is going! Any information, however small, will be gratefully received.
Hi
We have just come back from a visit to see our house in Isca Marina which is opposite Isca Calabreta and I have photos if you want, the perimiter wall on the roadside is built and they have started on one block, we were told that they were due to complete in October this year because the road has to be a joint venture between our builder and your builder so they have to come to an agreement when they can put the road in. hope this helps
Regards
Beti
Old May 1st 2008, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Andy R
We were told to complete in March 2008. So we went to Calabria the first week in April 2008. What a mess the house is no where near complete. The structure could be with a little work but the water and electricity will not be connected until after completion. Also I had to pay 100 Euro for a boiler. It is the grounds that is worrying. To complete on a propert without a fence or driveway. If you rent that out you will be liable for the safety of the guests. Basically it is not safe.
In the contract I read that it has to be fit for purpose. As its purpose is a holiday home it clearly is not.
So now I will delay completion until it is fit for purpose - which to me means when the structure is closed with a paved driveway like a block near by.
Andy
Hi
We also have just come back after being told that our house was completed only to find that the garden was like a bomb site and the wall was not completed and the gates were not on. We complained and the italian connection were very sympathetic but we have not completed because of this and will not untill it is done. We had a word with our solicitors out there and we found out that the garden work and roads were down to another contractor which is Bella Calabria, not had a response back to the outcome of the meeting between the two yet but I will chase it up. It seems that no one in the road is going to complete untill the gardens are sorted. Would appreciate hearing from anyone else with the same problem
Regards
Bet
Old May 1st 2008, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

I was at Isca Marina on 2nd April 2008. Some homes are close to being finished.
Hi
Have you purchased in Isca Marina Residential? we have purchased one in Block 17 perhaps were neighbours!!
Bet
Old May 1st 2008, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Hi Phil1968,

We have at last received an email about the property, work has commenced, not sure when the completion date is yet. I will take a look on the website mentioned, cheers.

Gillygilly
Hi
We have photos if you want just returned from a visit there it has started and we were told it should be finished october this year
Bet
Old May 1st 2008, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boydy
I have only just joined.

I have bought in residential amusa, just back from an inspection visit. I have been told completion is 1.12.2008, however some other sites i have seen quote it as 1.6.2008.

What date have you been quoted?

Cheers
Hi
We have just returned from Calabria and there was a couple there that had purchased here and are now told completion will be Dec 2009 and they were not very pleased. I have photos if you want
Old May 1st 2008, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Andy
Hi
Can you tell me what the debt is, we were ment to complete too but refused to do so because of the state of the garden but we were not told about the debt on the land
Regards
Beti

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.