Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

ICI tax returns as IMU

Wikiposts

ICI tax returns as IMU

Old Jun 4th 2012, 10:39 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ICI tax returns as emu

Great news. Just come back from the 'comune' and OH and I have less than 10 euro each to pay this month and in Dec (unless things change before December).

Just spoke to my neighbours and theirs came out at zero - nothing. Probably because they have 4 kids.

Haven't paid it yet though as there were at least 35 people in the post office and I'm not waiting about all that time.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Great news. Just come back from the 'comune' and OH and I have less than 10 euro each to pay this month and in Dec (unless things change before December).

Just spoke to my neighbours and theirs came out at zero - nothing. Probably because they have 4 kids.

Haven't paid it yet though as there were at least 35 people in the post office and I'm not waiting about all that time.
10 euros!!!!!
We've just had ours calculated by the guy at the comune (who is also a neighbour and has eaten at our house so we trust him) 130 for me and 130 for him for the June instalment. Not that I'm complaining-it bears no resemblance to what we were paying in North Wales.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Margaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret M has a reputation beyond repute

Ours works out at almost €700 between us now, an €700 later. This is because we have effectively 3 apartments, only one of which qualifies for prima casa
Old Jun 6th 2012, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

The Ivory Tower comes in at 149 eurines now, and the same in December. That is if it doesn't prove to be an optical illusion. See 'al fresco' moans thread.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Wiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ononno
The Ivory Tower comes in at 149 eurines now, and the same in December. That is if it doesn't prove to be an optical illusion. See 'al fresco' moans thread.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
I gave up on the CAF. Impossible queues.

I'll just trust the calculations and go off and pay this at the bank. Hopefully if there is a mistake, they'll rectify it for the December payment.

Ononno - good luck with sorting out the papers!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future
Default Re: ICI tax returns as IMU

It does pain me to do this (for those in peril) but I have just seen a report on RAI Veneto about difficulties with IMU. Not here.
Using links I got on the Forum, I did the calc. (answer = zilch), got the Commune to confirm (done over the phone), now sitting back, fat, dumb and happy.
Benefit of living in the back of beyond. Equitalia? The neighbour's brother's daughter works there: no worries!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jiminalpago
It does pain me to do this (for those in peril) but I have just seen a report on RAI Veneto about difficulties with IMU. Not here.
Using links I got on the Forum, I did the calc. (answer = zilch), got the Commune to confirm (done over the phone), now sitting back, fat, dumb and happy.
Benefit of living in the back of beyond. Equitalia? The neighbour's brother's daughter works there: no worries!
Don't take this the wrong way. I am happy to pay my way etc but how is it that some have NOTHING to pay?????? Do you live in a tree trunk (no offense intended) or similar? Have 15 children?
Surely everyone should be contributing.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:18 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conniewalker
Don't take this the wrong way. I am happy to pay my way etc but how is it that some have NOTHING to pay?????? Do you live in a tree trunk (no offense intended) or similar? Have 15 children?
I didn't ask for all the ins and outs of it, but I gather that we have a 200 euro reduction - for what I don't exactly know - and then there is a reduction for each child under 17 (or is it 18?) still at home.
I admit I have no idea how it works. My friend on the other side of the city of Vicenza has nothing to pay. She lives alone in a 1 bed ground floor apartment with no kids.

My old lady widow neighbour who lives alone is paying about 76 she told me whereas I am paying 8 and my OH 8.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:44 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

I hear you sister. It annoys me too. Of course, I'm happy for those who do not have to pay, but why do we have to pay on the basis of the 'reddito catastale' and not the true value? Yes, I know why, but it means I'm paying far more than someone with a penthouse over looking the arena.

Verona is hosting an anti-IMU protest. On the 17th of June. The eve of the final day.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by 37100
I hear you sister. It annoys me too. Of course, I'm happy for those who do not have to pay, but why do we have to pay on the basis of the 'reddito catastale' and not the true value? Yes, I know why, but it means I'm paying far more than someone with a penthouse over looking the arena.

Verona is hosting an anti-IMU protest. On the 17th of June. The eve of the final day.
I'm new here in Italy (Nov 2010) and it was a mental perk to know that "council tax" didn't exist but the bottom line is where is the funding for local services coming from?
I came here to live and expect to pay my way -on a fair basis.

In truth I don't know the basis for judging payment due-what exactly does RC mean?

So I feel that everyone should have to pay a minimum amount that more than covers the administration costs of determining and collecting the due amount (don't shoot me please!) as we all benefit from the services available-however poor they may be.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I didn't ask for all the ins and outs of it, but I gather that we have a 200 euro reduction - for what I don't exactly know - and then there is a reduction for each child under 17 (or is it 18?) still at home.
I admit I have no idea how it works. My friend on the other side of the city of Vicenza has nothing to pay. She lives alone in a 1 bed ground floor apartment with no kids.

My old lady widow neighbour who lives alone is paying about 76 she told me whereas I am paying 8 and my OH 8.
I think the 200 reduction is for residency status and/or a prima casa -but I may well be confused by now
The deduction is split between you and your partner and then between the 2 due payments (June & December) so I guess you've had 50 euros knocked off each bill for June.
I think that the child age is 20 something but don't quote me!
The space we use which includes the cantina but not the loft is estimated at 200 sq metres. No children but resident-finally- and prima casa and that is what it's all based on-I think

Last edited by Pica; Jun 7th 2012 at 8:32 am. Reason: forgot a bit
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

reduction is for children under 26 who live at home - remember we are in ITaly.
What I don't get is why Concierge is paying more than someone with a penthouse.... Your reedits catastale is the theoretical rent from a property - so a 2 up 2 down will have a lower RC than a penthouse. As a prima casa you get a deduction. Thats it. It is (obviously) connected to the size of your property, the defect is that those accatasto recently will have the updated value, while those like me, who live in Sicily, have RCs from 50 years ago.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:15 pm

I'm new here in Italy (Nov 2010) and it was a mental perk to know that "council tax" didn't exist but the bottom line is where is the funding for local services coming from?
I came here to live and expect to pay my way -on a fair basis.

In truth I don't know the basis for judging payment due-what exactly does RC mean?

So I feel that everyone should have to pay a minimum amount that more than covers the administration costs of determining and collecting the due amount (don't shoot me please!) as we all benefit from the services available-however poor they may be.
Yes, we have a reduction on the IMU for having kids but the comune still gets money from us in other ways like school dinners, school bus service (those who use it), rubbish bills etc. I paid 6 years of scuola materna and there is bound to be other stuff like Imposta Regionale or whatever.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by modicasa
reduction is for children under 26 who live at home - remember we are in ITaly.
What I don't get is why Concierge is paying more than someone with a penthouse.... Your reedits catastale is the theoretical rent from a property - so a 2 up 2 down will have a lower RC than a penthouse. As a prima casa you get a deduction. Thats it. It is (obviously) connected to the size of your property, the defect is that those accatasto recently will have the updated value, while those like me, who live in Sicily, have RCs from 50 years ago.
Don't want to contradict an acknowledged expert; but I have it on good authority that it is no longer the size that counts, but the number of rooms, including bathrooms, kitchens, depositi etc.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Jun 7th 2012, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ononno
Don't want to contradict an acknowledged expert; but I have it on good authority that it is no longer the size that counts, but the number of rooms, including bathrooms, kitchens, depositi etc.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Firstly so sorry to hear of your ownership problems o nonno. Hope it doesn't cost you too much in time and/or money.

Yes, I also thought it was based on number of rooms but the chap at comune who worked it out for us asked for square metres-then made his own rough guess as he's been here!
Different strokes for different folks I guess!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.