Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

ICI tax returns as IMU

ICI tax returns as IMU

Old May 28th 2012, 3:28 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ICI tax returns as emu

The comment about Equitalia was because OH's employers got THEIR 730 wrong and we paid the consequences. So we decided to just take the 730 and IMU down to the CAAF to do. Unless you've had the awful pleasure of meeting Equitalia you cannot fully understand how ruthless they are! It's left us paranoid

As to the F24. AFAIK and going on our's. Codice comune, filled in. The ravv. box is blank. The immob vatiati is blank. Acc. is X'd. Saldo is blank. Numero immobili 2 because our parking space has a seperate valore catastale. Codice tributo filled in (our's is 3912) Importi a debiti versati filled in with 50% (1st rateo). Importo a credito compensati is blank. We opted not to compensate. I want a 'paid' stamp to wave just in case. Then the last line. Detrazione 50%. TOTALE G same as above. H blank. SALDO (G-H) blank because we aren't compensating. The only other box filled in is EURO with the amount due.

AFAIK and from what the CAAF said no, we will not be getting a bolletino for the second instalment. They told us to check with them in September to see if the valore catastale have been ammended as planned. If not, to copy out another F24.
Old May 28th 2012, 3:35 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
Right even though a few years back a CAAF did make a mistake and I had to pay a fine...but they of course didn't take any responsibility.

I think we paid €70 this time, plus € 7 for every IMU instalment
As I said above. Our under payment was due to an error on OH's employer's 730. But we still had to pay up. I won't tell you who they where because you'd be horrified to say the least. Of course we could have sued them..........but I couldn't stand the thought of the years of stress. We could still do our 730 with OH's ex-employers, but they have made other mistakes and they have also been stolen on the way there and on the way back-and it's not easy to get a duplicate.

That said. The CAAF have been wrong on a couple of occasions, but then, so have the AdE!!!!

Last edited by 37100; May 28th 2012 at 3:38 pm.
Old May 28th 2012, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Wiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 37100
The comment about Equitalia was because OH's employers got THEIR 730 wrong and we paid the consequences. So we decided to just take the 730 and IMU down to the CAAF to do. Unless you've had the awful pleasure of meeting Equitalia you cannot fully understand how ruthless they are! It's left us paranoid

As to the F24. AFAIK and going on our's. Codice comune, filled in. The ravv. box is blank. The immob vatiati is blank. Acc. is X'd. Saldo is blank. Numero immobili 2 because our parking space has a seperate valore catastale. Codice tributo filled in (our's is 3912) Importi a debiti versati filled in with 50% (1st rateo). Importo a credito compensati is blank. We opted not to compensate. I want a 'paid' stamp to wave just in case. Then the last line. Detrazione 50%. TOTALE G same as above. H blank. SALDO (G-H) blank because we aren't compensating. The only other box filled in is EURO with the amount due.

AFAIK and from what the CAAF said no, we will not be getting a bolletino for the second instalment. They told us to check with them in September to see if the valore catastale have been ammended as planned. If not, to copy out another F24.
A huge hug of thanks. This is precisely what I wanted to double check. You've been great. I will take the completed form to the CAF on Wednesday to double check everything. I've never had the pleasure of meeting the good folks at Equitalia and I don't want this to provide them with an opportunity to contact me.

Maybe I was mistaken on the bolletino postale. Must admit that I find this so disorganized. Most people don't seem to have a clue what is happening.

Thanks again for the information.
Old May 29th 2012, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiffy
A huge hug of thanks. This is precisely what I wanted to double check. You've been great. I will take the completed form to the CAF on Wednesday to double check everything. I've never had the pleasure of meeting the good folks at Equitalia and I don't want this to provide them with an opportunity to contact me.

Maybe I was mistaken on the bolletino postale. Must admit that I find this so disorganized. Most people don't seem to have a clue what is happening.

Thanks again for the information.
You're right there. Even the people that invented it haven't a clue. For a really riveting read try wading through the actual 'salva Italia' Decree and the conversion amendments - mind boggling gobbledegook is an understatement.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old May 29th 2012, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 37100
As I said above. Our under payment was due to an error on OH's employer's 730. But we still had to pay up. I won't tell you who they where because you'd be horrified to say the least. Of course we could have sued them..........but I couldn't stand the thought of the years of stress. We could still do our 730 with OH's ex-employers, but they have made other mistakes and they have also been stolen on the way there and on the way back-and it's not easy to get a duplicate.

That said. The CAAF have been wrong on a couple of occasions, but then, so have the AdE!!!!
We used to do our 730 via OH employers (public office) but they stopped that last year and so were obliged to go through a patronato, leaving them a 'contributo' for their efforts, ie next to zero, so I thought this year may as well get them to do it all so I can do other more important things like watching telly.

As for 'noboday has a clue' I know that some smaller comune still haven't decided what amount to charge for the bloomin IMU ...

btw Mario Monti is beginning to get on my nerves a bit..
Old May 29th 2012, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MarkRD
As for 'noboday has a clue' I know that some smaller comune still haven't decided what amount to charge for the bloomin IMU ...
Wow - Equitalia must be licking their lips thinking of all the fines! You gotta love this place.
Old May 29th 2012, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

tonber is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by modicasa
Your rendita catastale is unchanged but for the calculation of this years ICI you must multiply by 5% then a further 60% - which will give you the RC on which your ICI/IMU will be calculated.
Hi all,

Sorry if I’m going over old ground, but can I just confirm the calculations.

Am I right in saying the on line calculator takes into account the 5% and the 60% so you don’t need to multiply your rendita catastale before entering it, it also does the 4% per thousand and subtracts the 200 euro, giving your IMU.
So for example

rendita catastale 500 euro x 1.05 = 525

x 160 = 84,000

4% per thousandx 0.004 (4%) = 336

- 200 euro = 136 euro IMU

Found this on the below site.

http://www.caafcisl.it/leggi_news.cf...onto_di_giugno

Thanks.
Old May 29th 2012, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tonber
Hi all,

Sorry if I’m going over old ground, but can I just confirm the calculations.

Am I right in saying the on line calculator takes into account the 5% and the 60% so you don’t need to multiply your rendita catastale before entering it, it also does the 4% per thousand and subtracts the 200 euro, giving your IMU.
So for example

rendita catastale 500 euro x 1.05 = 525

x 160 = 84,000

4% per thousandx 0.004 (4%) = 336

- 200 euro = 136 euro IMU

Found this on the below site.

http://www.caafcisl.it/leggi_news.cf...onto_di_giugno

Thanks.
I've done the calculation by hand (using the formulas here http://www.italy4me.com/index.php/li...u-property-tax) and double checked with online calculators (e.g. http://www.cafroma.it/imu.aspx) and it's always been exactly the same.
Old May 29th 2012, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

if you're resident at that address yes - of which you pay either half by 16 June, and half by 16 December, or you can pay 33% in June, 33% in September and 33% in December.
Old May 29th 2012, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wiffy
I've done the calculation by hand (using the formulas here http://www.italy4me.com/index.php/li...u-property-tax) and double checked with online calculators (e.g. http://www.cafroma.it/imu.aspx) and it's always been exactly the same.
That's great, thanks for the links
Old May 29th 2012, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by modicasa
if you're resident at that address yes - of which you pay either half by 16 June, and half by 16 December, or you can pay 33% in June, 33% in September and 33% in December.
Think I pay half in June, half in December. Thanks for the info.
Old May 30th 2012, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Cassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really nice

Hi
Have looked at my Compreavendita and it says my rendita is €42,61 and on my Persone Fisiche that it is €45,00. We do have a very little town house, but even so it is possible that it could be so low or am I barking up totally the wrong tree?
Old May 30th 2012, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

it is possible - if it is a very little house. Not sure what you mean about your persona fisica though!
Old May 30th 2012, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Cassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really niceCassius is just really nice

Some kind of tax return that my commericalista fills in for me.
Old May 30th 2012, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cassius
Hi
Have looked at my Compreavendita and it says my rendita is €42,61 and on my Persone Fisiche that it is €45,00. We do have a very little town house, but even so it is possible that it could be so low or am I barking up totally the wrong tree?
I would double check this with the value on the agenzia territorio's website - just to be sure. There was a discrepancy in figure included with the docs accompanying the compravendita and that figure on their website. The one on the AdT's website was about 100€ higher, so I've used that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.