Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

ICI tax returns as IMU

ICI tax returns as IMU

Old Feb 20th 2012, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ICI tax returns as emu

If this website is correct, we will be paying 1,600 per year, mazeltov!!
Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:08 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
But that covers your rubbish too.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

daren't even start to look mine up.
Old Feb 20th 2012, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Blimey! I'm scared to look now too ... my 90 sq. metres will probably count as much as a luxury apartment next to the Colloseum anyway.
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Wiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pugliese
are they going to invent an "ostrich" tax as well to keep the emu company?

I'm not checking how much I'll have to pay. Let them surprise me.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by homeandgardens
Hi
if you want to know how much you will be paying you can try this website:

http://www.ecodeldenaro.it/calcolo-imu-2012-online.htm

Have a try...

Regards
H&G
Thanks for this info.
Have done the caculation and got an answer of....Euro 0 (as prima casa)! Is there a de minimis clause in the legislation?
(I swear that the house has a roof and everything.)
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

homeandgardens will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jiminalpago
Thanks for this info.
Have done the caculation and got an answer of....Euro 0 (as prima casa)! Is there a de minimis clause in the legislation?
(I swear that the house has a roof and everything.)
Yes, because of location, size or type some properties have the IMU under a certain value, so you don't have to pay.
Lucky you. Again double check with Comune when the time comes. I would also check with the second link, Agenzia del territorio, for the latest value of the 'rendita catastale'. This might have increased/changed since you bought the property.
Regards
H&G

Last edited by homeandgardens; Feb 23rd 2012 at 7:46 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

As a prima casa you get a discount of 200 euros - so if you ICI should be 190, you pay nothing - (dont hope for a refund!). To this, when IMU comes in, must be added the TARSU part of the tax - so basically you will always pay something.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant futurejiminalpago has a brilliant future

I checked with the Agencia del Territorio and the rendita is unchanged.
When ICI was in force we had percentages off for this and that - a bit like a cribbage score in reverse; most of them were probably linked to the effect of the Tesina landslip on the economic and social fabric of the immediate area.
Still, mustn't complain.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Your rendita catastale is unchanged but for the calculation of this years ICI you must multiply by 5% then a further 60% - which will give you the RC on which your ICI/IMU will be calculated.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Italy 4 Me is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, we now finally know when IMU is to be paid! So that's a step in the right direction!
IMU for 2012 is payable in 2 or 3 instalments, at your choice. 50% is due applying the standard percentage on 18 June, and the remainder, plus any balance on 17 December.
Or, if you wish to pay in 3 stages, it’s a third (again calculated at the standard percentage for now) on 18 June, a third on 17 September and a third plus the possible balance on 17 December.
It looks like you can pay using a ‘bollettino postale’, but only for the December payment (as they are only going to come out on 1 December!!) Previous payments need to be paid using an F24 in a bank/online via a bank.

Just to confuse us further 2013 can only be paid in 2 instalments. I can see this is going to work really well!!!
Old May 6th 2012, 2:10 am
Just Joined

maryandmike is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks to all contributors for waking me up to all this. However, reading the above, I'm still a little confused. Could anyone confirm/deny this understanding of the situation:
- First IMU payment is due Jun 2012.
- IMU replaces ICI therfore ICI is not payable for 2012.
- IMU does not include rifutti charges which remain payable for 2012 as normal.

Finally, what is an F24?

Many thanks, M & M
Old May 6th 2012, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

right maryandmike.

No ICI just IMU (and your TARSU as normal) First part payable in June. If its a prima casa you can pay in 3 rates (sept and Dec). If tis a second house then June and December only.
AN F24 is a form which you fill in and take to your bank in triplicate and it serves to pay the tax. The banks do not charge to pay by F24. If you don't have an Italian bank account and it your IMU is under 1000 euros you can pay by cash and F24 in any bank.
Old May 7th 2012, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Italy 4 Me is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I agree with Modicasa. The only thing I'd add is that I pay my F24 online as you can do this via your Italian bank if you have online banking. The dates that IMU falls due are also deadlines for some other taxes and you will find the queues terrible in the banks.

Modicasa, have you a view on this one : property owned jointly, person A prima casa, person B seconda casa, already using all deductions for prima casa elsewhere. To my way of thinking - they both pay IMU at the prima or seconda casa rate on their respective percentage of the property, and even though A doesn't own all property he would still be entitled to the full €200 deduction, this would not be pro rata to his percentage owning. What do you think? thanks
Old May 7th 2012, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

According to the online calculators, your deduction is pro rata. If you own 50% of the property you get 50% of the deduction and so on.
Try www.dossier.net/guida/calcolo_imu.htm which is the most complete guide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.