Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

we now have C5 back and in addition we also have ITV and C4 so husband is a happy man again
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:19 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clint
we now have C5 back and in addition we also have ITV and C4 so husband is a happy man again
Just like that?
I know they move around channels every now and then to accomodate new ones and/or HD channels which in theory shouldn't affect your viewing if in the UK as the signal will always be strong enough but obviously it affected yr viewing. Right now there are some regional variations of C4 and ITV on Astra 2B and 2C but for how long I don't know.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

I found instructions on another forum on how to add ITV and C4, (I tried to do this before but never worked) and it did say that one could lose C5 doing so. Thinking back at the time of swapping the new card over I also tried add C4 that must have been how we lost C5

Last edited by clint; Sep 4th 2009 at 10:10 am.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:59 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff. Are you watching X-Factor then?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been watching Sky News and on the 1st of October it is moving and we need to retune. Anybody know how to do this, looks mighty complicated to a numpty like me
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Wiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not even beyond the new card stage as yet. Hopefully card will arrive in a couple of weeks.

Do we actually have to do something on October 1 or will we simply tune in to find channels on different frequencies and some not there at all??
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

I think it is only the English version of Sky News that is moving frequency (if that is the correct word?). How you retune it absolutely no idea, perhaps I need to jump on the roof and twiddle the dish
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Whilst on the subject of Sky, I initially had it installed in October 2006. I recently e-mailed then as I wanted to terminate it at the end of October, they informed me that I could not terminate until October 2010. I cannot locate the original agreement, is a 4 year contact normal??
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:34 am
Pull my finger

I'm still waiting for my new Sky viewing card. They've been advertising them since the start of the year. My worry is that they cut off my current card even tho I haven't received the new one.

Not sure what you mean by re-tune Sky News. Do you have a Sky digibox? Then Sky News should be on channel 501 correct? Are you getting some type of message that it'll be moving channels or frequency?

In theory, if moving only channels, you'll have the new channel updated on the EPG therefore no need to retune. However, if you're not using a digibox or are viewing the channel on another satellite like Astra 1 then you will have to enter the new frequency into the decoder.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:39 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by debra
Whilst on the subject of Sky, I initially had it installed in October 2006. I recently e-mailed then as I wanted to terminate it at the end of October, they informed me that I could not terminate until October 2010. I cannot locate the original agreement, is a 4 year contact normal??
AFAIK Sky UK contracts are a minimum of 12 months and then 1 months notice to terminate. However if you recently received a new digibox from Sky UK then there would be a new 12 month contract that supersedes the existing. Maybe it was a typo? Or are you using an agent/3rd pty supplier for your Sky TV?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by duffer
AFAIK Sky UK contracts are a minimum of 12 months and then 1 months notice to terminate. However if you recently received a new digibox from Sky UK then there would be a new 12 month contract that supersedes the existing. Maybe it was a typo? Or are you using an agent/3rd pty supplier for your Sky TV?
Thanks Duffer

I took out the contract direct with Sky in 2006 and have had the same box and dish for 3 years, no upgrades at all??

If you look at Sky News at the moment there is a big banner running saying that on the 1st of October you will not be able to see it on this Satelite and that you have to "retune your receiver to transponder 111, freq 12604 mhz, polarity Horizontal, Symbol rate 22.0, Sid 7290" and I thought trying to learn Italian was hard enough

ps. I have Sky IT not UK.... if that makes any difference??

Last edited by debra; Sep 14th 2009 at 9:54 am. Reason: add ps
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Wiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by duffer
I'm still waiting for my new Sky viewing card. They've been advertising them since the start of the year. My worry is that they cut off my current card even tho I haven't received the new one.
Hopefully that won't happen but I'm afraid of that as well. Was plagued with messages to change card. Called them - got them to stop the messages so hopefully I'll be ok. But you never know.

Don't know Debra - maybe because SKY UK will be moving channels around - you have to do it manually on SKY IT. Silly really!
Old Sep 14th 2009, 11:16 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

You've just missed the termination date. You need to do it one month before your contract expires. They re-did everyones contracts when the abolished the seperate HD contracts last year. You now get free (ha ha) HD but the upped the normal contracts.

As for the banner. Got it too, but I think (hope) it's for freeview viewers not Sky contracts. I'll wait and see what 1st Oct brings as Sky usually sends a message on the box if things need adjusting.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 11:17 am
Pull my finger

Thanks Duffer

I took out the contract direct with Sky in 2006 and have had the same box and dish for 3 years, no upgrades at all??

If you look at Sky News at the moment there is a big banner running saying that on the 1st of October you will not be able to see it on this Satelite and that you have to "retune your receiver to transponder 111, freq 12604 mhz, polarity Horizontal, Symbol rate 22.0, Sid 7290" and I thought trying to learn Italian was hard enough

ps. I have Sky IT not UK.... if that makes any difference??
Yes. It makes a big difference! You should be on Hotbird at 13E for Sky Italia, Sky UK is broadcasting on Astra 2 at 28.2E but Sky News is also broadcasting all over Europe from Astra 1 which is at 19.2E. The signal should be strong enough to pick up without the need to readjust your set.
You should enter the frequency thru the ADD CHANNELS method. Which on the UK version you would press SERVICES, SYSTEM SETUP, ADD CHANNELS, enter the frequency and then FIND CHANNELS. This should give you a list of channels, from which you choose yellow to store the channel of your choice. Then to watch that stored channel, you would choose SERVICES, OTHER CHANNELS because these channels do not appear on the EPG.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 37100
You've just missed the termination date. You need to do it one month before your contract expires. They re-did everyones contracts when the abolished the seperate HD contracts last year. You now get free (ha ha) HD but the upped the normal contracts.

As for the banner. Got it too, but I think (hope) it's for freeview viewers not Sky contracts. I'll wait and see what 1st Oct brings as Sky usually sends a message on the box if things need adjusting.
Cunning swines You would think if they changed the contracts they would have at least notified you Could be amusing as I will not be here to pay the bill until next year???

Thanks for the info Duffer will get Hubby to give that a try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.