Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:22 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
folks .......... when you do get Sky in Italy be prepared for the signal to disappear every time it rains fairly hard. The screen goes funny and then the "no signal " message comes up !
I only lose the signal in heavy heavy rain, like on Wednesday night. The other days this week it's been fine. However this only affects BBC and ITV. I continue to receive excellent reception of Five, Fiver, etc - basically all the channels on Astra 2D are lost, the others are fine.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

bunnyzoe is an unknown quantity at this point

Help

I am in Northern Tuscany with my UK Sky box. Some one nicked my 1.8m dish while it was "resting " at a friends house. Where can i get another one, I have been quoted €300 for a new one!!! I have tried Mediaworld, Euronics, anyone got any advice???

Many thanks
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:27 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bunnyzoe
Help

I am in Northern Tuscany with my UK Sky box. Some one nicked my 1.8m dish while it was "resting " at a friends house. Where can i get another one, I have been quoted €300 for a new one!!! I have tried Mediaworld, Euronics, anyone got any advice???

Many thanks
Hi Bunny,

You will not find a 1.8m dish at any of the high street electrical stores. You'd be lucky to find even a 1m one.

Best to check in the yellow or white pages for an antennista as they can usually order one in wholesale for you. Or try www.antennista.it and give a few of them a call to get an average price.

Can I ask how much you paid originally for the dish?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:49 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
I only lose the signal in heavy heavy rain, like on Wednesday night. The other days this week it's been fine. However this only affects BBC and ITV. I continue to receive excellent reception of Five, Fiver, etc - basically all the channels on Astra 2D are lost, the others are fine.

I'm assuming my piddly little dish in Florence which is oriented to Sky Italy wouldn't pick up any of the Brit channels if I tuned it manually through the box? Well the free channels that is. But just in case, or even for those who do have the ability to tune their boxes could you possibly post the frequencies and orientations for the free channels. I'm willing to have a go as Sky Italy has the "add channel" option like the UK boxes do. I don't particuarly miss UK TV but some of the beeb shows on now like Merlin look interesting, watched the first one on i-tunes, but my laptop doesn't have the space to keep downloading tv shows and I have to stick everything over to a separate hard drive, which is fine, but a pain!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:01 am
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I'm assuming my piddly little dish in Florence which is oriented to Sky Italy wouldn't pick up any of the Brit channels if I tuned it manually through the box? Well the free channels that is. But just in case, or even for those who do have the ability to tune their boxes could you possibly post the frequencies and orientations for the free channels. I'm willing to have a go as Sky Italy has the "add channel" option like the UK boxes do. I don't particuarly miss UK TV but some of the beeb shows on now like Merlin look interesting, watched the first one on i-tunes, but my laptop doesn't have the space to keep downloading tv shows and I have to stick everything over to a separate hard drive, which is fine, but a pain!
I know yours is the 319th post but if you had read the other 318 posts you'd have realised that your dish is pointing in the wrong direction to the Brit channels! Slap on the wrist.
Regards,
Bill
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:35 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on! I lost the will to live after number 199!!!

But thank you, anyway.....

Also, why is it pointing the wrong way? I'm on Astra 2 aren't I and Hotbird? Or is it more techy than just having the right satellites? Or aren't these?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:37 pm
Pull my finger

Do you watch Eastenders on BBC Prime? or Little Britain USA?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:40 pm
The Original Red Head!

IF I watched either, it would, unfortunately be Eastenders....
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by duffer
Hi Bunny,

You will not find a 1.8m dish at any of the high street electrical stores. You'd be lucky to find even a 1m one.

Best to check in the yellow or white pages for an antennista as they can usually order one in wholesale for you. Or try www.antennista.it and give a few of them a call to get an average price.

Can I ask how much you paid originally for the dish?
Many thanks

My now missing dish came of a friends house. So I was just going to have to pay for the installation and pointing it a the Astra satellites.

Just want to get rid of Italian sky. Fed up with BBC prime!!!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:47 pm
The Original Red Head!

Don't you watch Fox at all?!
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:59 pm
Pull my finger

Just watched Celebrity Come Dine with Me featuring Nicky Clarke, Caprice, Donny Osmond and Vic Reeves' wife.
Are there any decent cookery progs on primetime Italian TV?
Old Nov 14th 2008, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Don't you watch Fox at all?!
yes I wathc fox but I have now watched all thier series, and they don't seem to buy new ones very quickly.

As for cookery programmes in my real life i teach chefs for a living in UK, so wee to close to home. I watch a bit of gambero rosso the sky italia cookery channel but they have mostly the same format programmes as in UK.

z
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:30 am
The Original Red Head!

Then you'll be happy to know new series of Scrubs has just started, plus new Desparate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters at the end of the month - I am anyway! I like Army Wives too and that is just in its second series now.

Waiting for new C.S.I. Vegas to start, not sure when that will be. Can't understand why Heroes hasn't been on yet? It's good for me though as I just watch less TV when it is crap! So I've nearly finished The Bethrothed, so can't be a bad thing! Also means I am on here more !
Old Nov 14th 2008, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Then you'll be happy to know new series of Scrubs has just started, plus new Desparate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters at the end of the month - I am anyway! I like Army Wives too and that is just in its second series now.

Waiting for new C.S.I. Vegas to start, not sure when that will be. Can't understand why Heroes hasn't been on yet? It's good for me though as I just watch less TV when it is crap! So I've nearly finished The Bethrothed, so can't be a bad thing! Also means I am on here more !
I have been a stay at home mum with a new born son who just wants to eat all day. As I was breastfeeding him I have watched every episode of the simpsons 3 times and House, the first two series about 10 times per episode!! I do watch desperate housewives and dirty sexy money but really want x factor (very sad I know)

I don't know why no Heros I watched the first series in UK while waiting to produce baby!! apparently 2 nd series is crap!

REALLY HATE BBC Prime it should be banned for just existing.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:18 am
The Original Red Head!

Ahhh - all becomes clear! Poor you! I'm not a reality show fan, but I do know what you mean, I watched a couple of X factor auditions back in the UK and they were hilarious! I like I'm a celeb as well, but only because of the awful things they have to do! BB and celeb BB are just a waste of space and money!

However, my weakness was Neighbours, really sad! Probably just as well there is no chance over here!

If you can be bothered i-tunes is a good source for tv and films now, but you need a British issued Credit card with a British address to access the UK store. However they don't seem to care if the card is registered to that address or not!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.