Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 4:16 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Update - it gives you a US IP address so doesn't work on i-player! I'm exploring the possibilities......
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by duffer
Great tip. Thanks, I can sign up to Sky Bet and claim my free bets worth £20! Shame about all those ads tho!
Duffer, we bet through Coral. They have done whatever the Italian government wanted and we have no problems (except for finding the bloody winner)
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:21 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
Duffer, we bet through Coral. They have done whatever the Italian government wanted and we have no problems (except for finding the bloody winner)

Does that mean you haven't won anything yet ???

Anybody tried British Bingo websites ??

I keep finding adverts in mags that OH buy at airports and they all have a bingo website.

Never been a bingo player myself apart from once at Blackpool pleasure beach but of course the adverts would have you believe that you can win often !
Old Mar 2nd 2009, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

jasmin2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know of an electician or someone who will help you set up UK Sky near Milan (am near Vimercate). We have a sky box and card but need someone to connect it all with the dish .... preferably someone who speaks a bit of english so we can explain to them what we would like.

Any suggestions would be gratefully rec'd as am pretty desparate to access Sky again :-)
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Lorna - we have had some success. Not enough to move from asti to champers though!

jasmin2002 - we just got in touch with a local satellite man. Where we live they are used to pointing dishes to the UK satellite. I even got the number from someone at Trony.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 3:39 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose you guys in Milan can make do with an 80cm dish to receive the UK channels?

Make sure they don't rip you off. If you've already got the equipment and they are just putting up the dish, there is no reason they should charge you any different to putting a standard dish pointing to Sky Italia.

BTW I will be putting my Sky+ box on Ebay this weekend!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 3:49 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
Thanks. I checked it out. Let's all play Bingo!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:33 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

BTW I will be putting my Sky+ box on Ebay this weekend!
I ended up putting my by the bin......
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:34 pm
Pull my finger

doesn't it work?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:28 pm
The Original Red Head!

No-one was interested in buying it tbh - I couldn't be arsed putting it on e-bay and all I got from an ad on here was a crank e-mail!! Plus it was a model from at least 2005 so they are much, much smaller now. Must admit with all the sites etc. I'm not that bothered about MySky here - contemplated it. Sky here are now doing a new promotion which includes an LCD tv.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:32 am
Pull my finger

Are you talking about an Italian or a UK Sky box? Mine is an old UK Sky+ box with 80gb harddrive. I am sure there are expats around who would be interested in it.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:36 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Has anybody else noticed that the timing of progammes on BBC Prime has been totally off?

None of the programmes are airing at the time they should be. For a minute the other night I thought maybe it was me and that all my clocks were wrong.

Hope they sort it soon.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

sellymack is an unknown quantity at this point

We have an 80cm dish and a cheap digital satellite receiver from Lidl which cost 49 euros and our technician friend came and pointed it at Astra 28.2 and we get all the British free-to-air channels (which is all of them basically) and have no problems with reception unless it's really bad weather. We've been watching UK tv like this for over a year now since cancelling our Sky subscription. There are plenty of sites which give specifics if needed, but it couldn't be simpler.

Last edited by sellymack; Mar 4th 2009 at 7:35 am. Reason: Just wanted to add this link:- www.astra2d.com/
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:57 am
Pull my finger

Just to clarify - British FTA free to air channels can be picked up using most digital satellite receivers. The signal is not encrypted and no viewing card is neccessary. You will be able to view BBC, ITV, C4, E4, C5, etc broadcasting from Astra 2D at 28.2E degrees using a suitable dish.
For Sky UK you will need a UK Sky digital satellite receiver and a subscription. The advantage is that many channels broadcast from Astra 2B also at 28.2E degrees. The beam from Astra 2B has a much bigger footprint over Europe whereas the footprint of Astra 2D is much smaller therefore a bigger dish is required.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:25 am
The Original Red Head!

Are you talking about an Italian or a UK Sky box? Mine is an old UK Sky+ box with 80gb harddrive. I am sure there are expats around who would be interested in it.
Mine was a 1st gen UK one so the hard drive is nothing like as big. But you have to remember the expats that would want it will probably already have one same as you and I......By the time you've stuck on postage etc. you'll be lucky to make £20 on it I reckon, especially with all the deals available from SKY. So many peeps use a UK address anyway to continue service they just get them sent there, plus anyone buying yours would have to get someone to put the two cables in etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.