Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Old Oct 16th 2008, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

bravodelta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

sorry Gremblar missed your question.
We watch Brit TV via http://www.BritishTVabroad.com
It works well and my kids watch their channels too.
We have it connected to our 32" lcd tv
There was no upfront cost and our apartment didnt allow
a large enough dish.
So this was a good solution for us
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:10 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

what do you mean by no upfront costs?
The website says it's £69 for 3 months.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

I think i might get this. set up a Pc/laptop next to the TV. The only thing is that it says 100% legal well how can it be? who is paying the TV licence Fee for BBC or am i missing something.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 7:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
I think i might get this. set up a Pc/laptop next to the TV. The only thing is that it says 100% legal well how can it be? who is paying the TV licence Fee for BBC or am i missing something.
Rebroadcasting is not legal, all the companies that do it in Spain are being closed down, people that have subscribed with them have now lost their money, so don`t pay out too much. ;-)

Thread about it HERE
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

bravodelta is an unknown quantity at this point

I pay monthly.
if I have sky or freesat and watch BBC I dont pay a licence fee.
They say on the website that they dont rebroadcast.
They have stuff like a slingbox that allows media shifting.
By paying monthly not much to lose.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 8:04 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bravodelta
I pay monthly.
if I have sky or freesat and watch BBC I dont pay a licence fee.
They say on the website that they dont rebroadcast.
They have stuff like a slingbox that allows media shifting.
By paying monthly not much to lose.
That is what they do in Spain, but as soon as they sell you the service they are rebroadcasting it to you without the owners permission. Read the thread on the link for more info.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

PaulParma is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just moved to Parma and have a problem in that the apartment balcony faces north and it looks like it's going to be difficult getting permission from the apartment administrators to put a dish on the roof. Are there any satellites facing this direction from whcih I can pick up ANY UK channels (even if it's just the free to air like BBC1, 2 ITV, C4 etc). I brought with me a Sky+ box bought off ebay plus the Sky card which I registered with them before leaving UK so unless I can get out of the Sky contract I've wasted £ 22 a month. Wish I'd had my compass with me when agreeing to rent the apartment !!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received as already sick of Italian TV !

Thanks

Paul
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really niceMr Posh is just really nice

Not 100% sure How true this is: When we had sky fitted I asked the fitter what about appartment blocks how do they get sky just chit chat as Italians Do. He told me that it is LAW and the Appartment owners/Administrators CAN NOT say no buy law you are allowed a dish. as i said how true this is I am not 100%...As long as you do not cause damage you are allowed a dish.Hope you can read Italian

Snip, sorry but read rules 7 and 11. A link to the web page would be fine.

Last edited by jdr; Oct 27th 2008 at 8:23 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 8:50 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulParma
We have just moved to Parma and have a problem in that the apartment balcony faces north and it looks like it's going to be difficult getting permission from the apartment administrators to put a dish on the roof. Are there any satellites facing this direction from whcih I can pick up ANY UK channels (even if it's just the free to air like BBC1, 2 ITV, C4 etc). I brought with me a Sky+ box bought off ebay plus the Sky card which I registered with them before leaving UK so unless I can get out of the Sky contract I've wasted £ 22 a month. Wish I'd had my compass with me when agreeing to rent the apartment !!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received as already sick of Italian TV !

Thanks

Paul
Check it out with your administrator. But also check out this site just to double check the position of the dish -
http://www.ses-astra.com/consumer/en...tant/index.php
Get your co-ordinates from Google Maps or use Bologna or Milan or Parma. The UK channels are broadcast from 28.2 degrees East.
Please do it otherwise I fear we might have another suicide case on our hands if you're left to watch Italian TV.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

nan dapice is an unknown quantity at this point

I notice that nearly everyone lives in northern Italy.I have an apartment in Southern Italy,Manduria, its on the Ionian Sea. I,ve been told I will need a 1.8cm dish to get british sky. The receiver I have I brought from Spain via Scotland.
Can anyone advise the best way to go with this. Need my british tele.

Thank to anyome who can help.

Anna D
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

I put it in the other thread aswell seems that we have two threads going...Mods can you merge the threads?

Any how this is what i put

Someone told me about this Looks Really GREAT called the SLINGBOX. needs to be set up in the uk and you can watch anywhere in the world and it's legal

http://uk.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox

It looks great
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:35 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Posh
I put it in the other thread aswell seems that we have two threads going...Mods can you merge the threads?

Any how this is what i put

Someone told me about this Looks Really GREAT called the SLINGBOX. needs to be set up in the uk and you can watch anywhere in the world and it's legal

http://uk.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox

It looks great
Hi Mr Posh, Slingbox has been mentioned a few times already, do a search for the threads. Someone mentioned that a new version is available that, instead of being accessed via your pc, you can watch directly from your TV. Only downside is you need fairly fast connection BOTH here and in the UK.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grazie MR duffer molto nice uomo
Old Oct 30th 2008, 6:54 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

folks .......... when you do get Sky in Italy be prepared for the signal to disappear every time it rains fairly hard. The screen goes funny and then the "no signal " message comes up !
Old Oct 31st 2008, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Wiffy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
folks .......... when you do get Sky in Italy be prepared for the signal to disappear every time it rains fairly hard. The screen goes funny and then the "no signal " message comes up !
Not everytime and in my experience it depends on the box that you have.

With the panasonic dsb30 it would completely freeze up on me but with the PACE it sails right on through no probs. The first time I had any probs with the PACE was on Wednesday after the lightning and thunder storm. Something must have flipped out on the terrace but I reset the box (unplugged the dish cable a touched the wire in the middle there for a few secs) and it was as right as rain!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.