Free UK TV

Old Jul 4th 2009, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Beep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Free UK TV

Mine's not working either........i have tried re downloading it but still no joy....oh well it was too good to be true
Old Jul 4th 2009, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

ellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura about

Yes, I've got the same message.No more free tv then?Now what all you expert expats out there?
Old Jul 4th 2009, 6:17 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Corny.org. Plus Film on 4 still works for some reason on film on....Btw, I have noticed that Jimmy and BBCPrime are finally starting to show stuff that was on when I was living in the UK, in 2006, weeee!!!! Fox on Sky has a new channel starting too, it is a retro channel and will have all the old shows from the 70's and 80's on. A-Team anyone?!!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

enterprise1999 is an unknown quantity at this point

The party is over................... subscription time........works out about £1 per week if you buy it monthly.

Mind you if it works ok in Sicily, I'll be subscribing.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

I guess the problem is if its legal, if i subscribe what guarantee do i have that the BBC etc will play ball?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by enterprise1999
The party is over................... subscription time........works out about £1 per week if you buy it monthly.

Mind you if it works ok in Sicily, I'll be subscribing.
Didn't last very long did it, but a £1 a week is reasonable I think Sky is around 25 euros a month and it's all repeats. I was just about to give up on Sky when they gave me free films for 3 months, but it's definately going in September
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:07 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Is that Sky italy?? What channels are you watching? The channels I watch only do repeats when a new season is about to start and they show the previous season or between seasons.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Is that Sky italy?? What channels are you watching? The channels I watch only do repeats when a new season is about to start and they show the previous season or between seasons.
Yes its Sky Italy, we have entertainment and i think the other is discovery. I seem to have been watching the same programmes for years. I know there are fox etc but I am not really a big fan of american programmes.

Must have been desperate the other day we watched a Mogolian film with Italian sub titles

Was back in the Uk a few days ago and brought the Slumdog Millionaire dvd, so saving that for a treat.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:03 pm
The Original Red Head!

Yes, I watch Fox! The only thing I watched in the UK tbh was the US shows - very few british and I'm not any kind of soap fan, so lost on me. None of the sitcoms apart from Life on Mars grabbed me either and I have only got into that since moving here!! Top Gear I love, but I keep up to date with that through Corny and was doing prior to Film.on. I've also got into No1 Ladies detective agency thru corny. We have the film and sport package too, but I'm thinking of chucking them as I never watch them!

Btw, let me know what you think of Slumdog - I have read the book and really enjoyed it but my OH and son are telling me the film is garbage! I would be interested to see what you think! My OH left the cinema!!!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:19 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Having just spent a month in the uk can't see what all the fuss about missing uk tv is about. It was mostly reality shows in one form or another. No good serials at all. We've got skyitalia here so I can watch some tv in English but I ditched films and sports last Sept when they up the charges. Until recently, my mum used to tape several hours a week of uk tv. It was rather a hit and miss affair because mum is registered blind!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

When I was back recently I caught a bit of TV and must admit it has got worse. However do still enjoy Top Gear, Dr Who and Life on Mars, I flicked on to an American version of LOM recently..........that was really weird. Quite enjoyed really even if I do say I am not a lover of Amercian TV. I will let you know about Slumdog.................when Hubby ever lets me open the packet
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:22 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debra
When I was back recently I caught a bit of TV and must admit it has got worse. However do still enjoy Top Gear, Dr Who and Life on Mars, I flicked on to an American version of LOM recently..........that was really weird. Quite enjoyed really even if I do say I am not a lover of Amercian TV. I will let you know about Slumdog.................when Hubby ever lets me open the packet
See posts 267 and 262 HERE
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
See posts 267 and 262 HERE
thanks am I right in thinking we can still watch if for free
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debra
thanks am I right in thinking we can still watch if for free
Yes, you will have to download the program called VLC in post 267, then download Bobs list of channels in post 262.
Double click on the channel you want and it will open up in VLC.

Bit fiddly but it is free TV.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
Yes, you will have to download the program called VLC in post 267, then download Bobs list of channels in post 262.
Double click on the channel you want and it will open up in VLC.

Bit fiddly but it is free TV.
Ta, better get hubby to do the techie bit, means I have an extra £1.00 a week to spend on wine, good job its cheap here, that will give me an extra litre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.