Free UK TV

Old May 31st 2009, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

ellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura aboutellybelly has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Free UK TV

Thanks for all these tips.It came back and I'm overdosing on ITV. I watched the Coronation Street omnibus this morning but now it has just cut off.We are in the middle of a thunderstorm at the moment and as I'm just so ignorant about pcs then I suppose this might have something to do with it.Tomorrow I'm getting the Sunday Times which has a suplement with the weeks programmes and I'll be able to plan things instead of jumping about.Oh, I do hope this is here to stay.
Old May 31st 2009, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ellybelly
Thanks for all these tips.It came back and I'm overdosing on ITV. I watched the Coronation Street omnibus this morning but now it has just cut off.We are in the middle of a thunderstorm at the moment and as I'm just so ignorant about pcs then I suppose this might have something to do with it.Tomorrow I'm getting the Sunday Times which has a suplement with the weeks programmes and I'll be able to plan things instead of jumping about.Oh, I do hope this is here to stay.
Here is a link to an on line TV Guide to help you plan. Let's hope we can have keep it for a while so...............oo much better than Sky,

http://www.onthebox.com/
Old May 31st 2009, 5:51 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Neighbours is on Five at 5.30/6.30 every week day!! I haven't seen it since I moved here. I am such a sad sack I know!! Beats all the others for me !

With this, YouTube and Corny.org I rarely watch Sky now - Corny is up with the US schedules so miles ahead on all the series that are on Sky now. But I don't know if I could get rid of Sky - might cause ructions with the rest of the family!!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Anyone tried UK Nova? That really saved me in Italy. Great for soaps. Loads of other stuff too, but it's sopas that count for me
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by .Ariel.
Anyone tried UK Nova? That really saved me in Italy. Great for soaps. Loads of other stuff too, but it's sopas that count for me
Thanks Ariel will give this one a try. The other one works fine during the day, but can not get it working at all in the evening
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:51 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I've never had any luck with Nova. Plus isn't it downloads of archive rather than streaming of live? I don't have the room on my laptop to keep loads of large files unfortunately.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I've never had any luck with Nova. Plus isn't it downloads of archive rather than streaming of live? I don't have the room on my laptop to keep loads of large files unfortunately.
So how does Nova work?? I can see they have hourly schedules. Do you have to try to download it at the selected hour? Does it come down straight away. I remember a few years ago I used Bit torrent for films and if there were not enough people on it you could wait hours........days to get the film.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:06 pm
The Original Red Head!

I think that's how Nova works - it is bit torrents. I've found too many other ways to watch the TV I want to bother with it now!! Have heard of a few other sites but I only stick with Corny and this new one, plus YouTube of course!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

AmyJB is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been trying to find British TV for ages!!! I'm not a TV junkie but it just helps to keep you a little bit sane with one foot in Blighty, am I right?

In fact, I think I'm in love with whoever mentioned this site, do you reckon the period dramas will be on?

There is youtube but I can't find any programs that are full-length except the apprentice, and I'm not a fan. Did anyone find any others?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:26 pm
The Original Red Head!

Corny has season 3 of the tudors on now. You can view from episode one through to wherever it is currently up to in a marathon sitting. FilmOn is live UK tv for the main 5 channels - so whatever peeps in the UK are watching, that's what is on now. If you look at the thread on Sky in Italy you will see you can get access to the freeview channels but you need the equipment. I'm happy to take my chances with FilmOn and Corny. Sky Italy has Fox which keeps me happy but I think I am going to ditch the films and sport.

If you would watch the period drama's again and again I would check out buying the various series on HMV, Amazon, Play.com and CDwow. You can find some real bargains for back seasons of various dramas. Also if you have a) a british issued credit card with a british address and b) sufficient space on your hard drive or a back up to put it on, i-tunes can also be good value for tv and films. HTH
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

Yeah, with UK Nova you download the torrents. That worked for me as I could then watch when I wanted. If you have problems signing in the say to try on Monday when they clean the DB of old users.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:52 pm
The Original Red Head!

Why do they do that though? I've heard this is why it is difficult to get on it as they are pretty strict about usage, uploading and downloading? I didn't think other torrents were like this. Is it because the content is generally pretty reliable?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
Why do they do that though? I've heard this is why it is difficult to get on it as they are pretty strict about usage, uploading and downloading? I didn't think other torrents were like this. Is it because the content is generally pretty reliable?
I think they are a little strict yes. They are very reliable too. I never missed an Eastenders using it I'm still using it here back in the UK becasue I can watch when I like. I could use the iplayer too but that only keeps 7 days AFAIK.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 5:52 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Hi,
A novice to this stuff I downloaded link to Filmon but get a still picture at best and a white screen and nothing else. Help! I'm all alone in Italy and need a T.V fix....not really, but what am I not doing.
Ernesto
Old Jun 4th 2009, 6:35 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ernesto
Hi,
A novice to this stuff I downloaded link to Filmon but get a still picture at best and a white screen and nothing else. Help! I'm all alone in Italy and need a T.V fix....not really, but what am I not doing.
Ernesto
see if you can get any help tips from this thread about the same link ..........

some people seem to have got it working when they disinstalled it and tried it again a second time. Check that firewalls and anti-virus etc. are not blocking it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610853

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.