Free UK TV

Old May 25th 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Free UK TV

Hi just seen this link in another forum, I downloaded it and works a treat.

Never seen some many channels!!! 7pm (uk time) is Dr Who, I am sure it will be the new one, fed up of watching all the repeats on sky.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610853
Old May 25th 2009, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice
Default Re: Free UK TV

I haven't tried it yet, what's the catch? Is there a catch?
Old May 25th 2009, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

debra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chris120
Yeah you would have thought there would be a catch, but I'm going to give it a go and see what happens. I would love to get rid of sky, will keep you informed.
Old May 25th 2009, 4:41 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

no catch, but it is in beta testing, and I'm certain that when they do really go live they will charge, unless people like the BBC get them closed down first. Before all that just download, watch and enjoy.
Old May 25th 2009, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Please do, the thought of such a valuable freebee is tempting and, in common with Oscar Wilde,I can resist anything except temptation.
Old May 25th 2009, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

pansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nicepansy is just really nice

have been watching it for the last few days enjoy while we can.
Old May 26th 2009, 7:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Excellent!

thankyou
Old May 26th 2009, 9:12 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

The catch is that you don't get anything for free. There will be a subscription or fee for downloading. Plus they will put a block on access outside of the UK for certain programs. But it's good while it lasts!
Old May 26th 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

We've got a Mac, so our catch is that it doesn't work
Old May 26th 2009, 1:39 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

That's not a catch. I've got a Mac but use VM Fusion.
Old May 26th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

there was no obvious fee when i tried it, how will they collect the fee do you think?
Old May 26th 2009, 3:39 pm
Pull my finger

At the moment it's a beta version so that's probably why no fee. The fees will be for downloadable HD movies or for streaming HD movies. I'm sure it would be similar to iTunes in that you pay for what you watch whilst at the same time there will be a lot of free TV. Again, I cannot think they will allow certain programs to be viewed outside of the UK.
Old May 26th 2009, 4:00 pm
Pull my finger

Further to my earlier post. Here is something interesting -
http://ec.europa.eu/avpolicy/reg/avms/index_en.htm
An EU directive for television without frontiers. Could mean from 2010 we could all have normal access (as opposed to access via a proxy server) to the BBC iPlayer, 4oD type media players from anywhere in Europe...
Old May 26th 2009, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Debra it works down here in Salento. Also thanks to Duffer for the information. Great to see some live TV, beats all those repeats on BBC Prime.
Old May 26th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

casalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura aboutcasalottian has a spectacular aura about

Wow, fantastic. Works great in linux using wine. Was watching Britain's got talent on youtube, be nice to see it live.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.