Census 2011

Old Sep 16th 2011, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Census 2011

Postman's just been. About only the second time this month. A credit card statement. Shredded and straight in the bin.
2011 CENSUS FORM ! 16 pages of instructions. 32 page questionnaire. I'm going for a lie down, to pluck up the courage to have a look at the online version at
http://censimentopopolazione.istat.it

ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Sep 16th 2011, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Census 2011

I got mine yesterday, I wonder if they can fine me if I do not send it?

I asked my American friend if she had received as well and her answer was-"I do not divulge private information to anyone, how do you know it is official and not someone trying to get our details?"
So, can you fill it in online as well o'nonno or is it just instructions how to fill it in?
Old Sep 16th 2011, 5:29 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Isakat
I got mine yesterday, I wonder if they can fine me if I do not send it?

I asked my American friend if she had received as well and her answer was-"I do not divulge private information to anyone, how do you know it is official and not someone trying to get our details?"
So, can you fill it in online as well o'nonno or is it just instructions how to fill it in?
The 9th of Oct is census day and everyone needs to fill in the form. Do they not have them in America? You can do it online.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Angeldimana will become famous soon enoughAngeldimana will become famous soon enough

OK, so i'm presuming everyone should have to do the census?

Well we havent received one. (No big surprise as our postal service is shocking)

Do we go online and download a form or just forget about it unless one turns up?
Old Sep 18th 2011, 9:27 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angeldimana

Well we havent received one. (No big surprise as our postal service is shocking)

Do we go online and download a form or just forget about it unless one turns up?
There is still plenty of time. 9th October is the date.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Serrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond reputeSerrano has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angeldimana

Looking at the website, they are saying that the forms are being sent out by post between 12th September and 22nd October. I've looked on my form and can't quickly see a date by which it must be compiled and returned, but the help line is open until 29th February 2012, so there's a good chance that's the closing date. In other words, no great hurry!

And, again according to the website and the form, to complete the info online (which should in theory turn out cheaper for them, i.e. less taxes for us (yeah, I know!)) you must have the reference number from your paper form. So, no paper form, no online either.

And finally, again according to the website, the forms are being sent out to families based on the anagrafi at 31/12/2010. It doesn't say what happens if you weren't resident then.

Last edited by Serrano; Sep 18th 2011 at 10:48 am. Reason: typos
Old Sep 18th 2011, 11:15 am
Concierge

This census seems to differ from the last in that not everyone in larger towns will get the full form. Most will get the mini 35 q's version. Nor will they be going house to house.

We weren't resident last time, but we still filled in a form -or rather, it was filled in for us- , but as Serrano said, that doesn't seem to be the case this time. But until the site is up and running or the mini van comes round in October, we won't know much.

I have visions of people not bothering with this census.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

I’ve just received the census. The form itself is 64 pages long and it comes with a 16 page explanation booklet plus another 4 page cover letter i.e. 80+ pages to read. Now I’ve been here quite a while and I work all day, every day, in Italian and I speak, read and write it pretty well but the thought of ploughing through this lot depresses me. On the very first page it says you have to respond by law (and quotes the law).
Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Know how you feel Chris. Checking out my papers I see that we also filled out a form for a census dated 21/10/2001; but we were late and were severely reprimanded by the census takers when they came round and it wasn't ready. I see that we were also 'selected' by ISTAT for a form filling exercise dated 02/07/2007 relating to business and workforce statistics.
Form filling, bureaucracy, bits of paper; the story of my life. This latest little beauty is still on the dining room table, where I put it when first opened!

ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 12:38 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if this is available in English?
I know that the UK Census 2011 was available in 57 languages!
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffer
Mine arrived this week Duffer and there is a leaflet with ith for foreigners in 10
languages. The English bit says this :

copies of the questionnaire(Household form), the guide to filling in the form and the information letter in English can be downloaded from http://censimentopopolazione.istat.it ; otherwise, hard copies are available at Municipal Collection Centres, which also provide assistance with filling in the forms. The phone numbers and addresses of Municipal Collection Centres area available at http://censimentopopolazione.istat.it or by calling the following
toll-free number: 800.069.701. Please note that the translations are merely supplements to filling in the form itself, which should be completed in italian. Furthermore, responses that are not pre-coded (foreign state of
citizenship, for instance) should be written in Italian.

hope that helps
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 2:34 pm
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent that's great! Thanks
Old Sep 24th 2011, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Did anyone manage to find the census forms in English at
http://censimentopopolazione.istat.it as reported above? I can’t find them
Old Sep 25th 2011, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Just taken my first look at the website, and I couldn't find any foreign language versions either. Looks to me as though you will have to wait until October, when it becomes possible to fill in the questionnaire online. What I did find was a lot of verbal masturbation about how much money they are going to waste; with 100 Census points in major cities, and hostesses in uniforn, and logos, and 21 minibuses tearing around the country. Wot financial crisis??
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

LivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the roughLivingHere is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by duffer
I have sent them an email to ask if the forms will be availble in English. I know what response I am expecting. NO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.