India and the Wars

Old Feb 21st 2019, 4:31 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by Bipat
Morpeth do you ever read posts before you resort to your frequent insults to describe another poster??
I do not "sympathise with any extreme Hindu nationalists", or any extreme nationalists!

I point out that approx. 80% of the population are 'nominally' Hindu-----why ignore that? Why do you and EMR have such a problem with that?
Do you approve of the old-time forced conversions by Christians?? Some missionaries are still trying!!

I have said above that in India a persons religion often DOES matter, but for the most it is just ONE ASPECT of a person.

Yes we all know that dispute and violence happens---for the majority it doesn't!

Your usual 'snide' remark!! "quaint eating habits and customs"! In India all holidays regardless of the religion are celebrated by ALL! The usual excuse for spending and eating are enjoyed regardless of religion!!!

In the UK many are vegetarian and more vegans-----is this a "quaint custom"?????

I agree with your second paragraph!! Just as I agree with EMR's last post, if that were possible in the world. However it isn't and never has been since the days of Mesopotamia!
Bipat within minutes of apologising to you ,you revert to your usual nonsense..

No one has a problem with the dominant religion in India.
Every reasonable thinking person would have a problem with anyone who excuses murders, abuse etc on religion.
What applies to Muslim extremists applies equally to Hindhus..
You know that I do not believe in politicians exploiting religious beliefs.
India's soil is soaked in the blood of the victims of such exploitation.

Old Feb 21st 2019, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Bipat within minutes of apologising to you ,you revert to your usual nonsense..

No one has a problem with the dominant religion in India.
Every reasonable thinking person would have a problem with anyone who excuses murders, abuse etc on religion.
What applies to Muslim extremists applies equally to Hindhus..
You know that I do not believe in politicians exploiting religious beliefs.
India's soil is soaked in the blood of the victims of such exploitation.
EMR ----nobody excuses murders/abuse/violence whatever the reason.

I presume you accept that a country has the right to protect itself from terrorism by means of police/army.
Just as the UK does.

Politicians in India of all parties exploit religious beliefs along with whatever other beliefs----economic---employment---poverty etc. etc. that exist. They want votes just like politicians worldwide.

You are being melodramatic ----the majority of Indian soil is not "soaked" with anything except monsoon rain. That does not excuse violence when it DOES take place.

The border violence at Partition was a dreadful exception and the riots since in specific areas ----these in fact had little to do with politicians.

Old Feb 21st 2019, 6:08 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

EMR ----nobody excuses murders/abuse/violence whatever the reason.

I presume you accept that a country has the right to protect itself from terrorism by means of police/army.
Just as the UK does.

Politicians in India of all parties exploit religious beliefs along with whatever other beliefs----economic---employment---poverty etc. etc. that exist. They want votes just like politicians worldwide.

You are being melodramatic ----the majority of Indian soil is not "soaked" with anything except monsoon rain. That does not excuse violence when it DOES take place.

The border violence at Partition was a dreadful exception and the riots since in specific areas ----these in fact had little to do with politicians.
Post independence India has sadly had a number of inter religious conflicts.
Look them up.
Not to do with politicians.
I leave you to enjoy your naivety.

​​​
​​​​

​​​​​
Old Feb 21st 2019, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Post independence India has sadly had a number of inter religious conflicts.
Look them up.
Not to do with politicians.
I leave you to enjoy your naivety.

​​​​​
EMR--- I do not have to look them up As you said "a number" of inter-religious conflicts.
(With a billion population what would you expect?)

Do you really think that they haven't happened throughout history? As in other countries.
They happen(ed) regardless of politicians. Politicians join in to make the most of it.

I leave you to your tourist naivety

EMR -----seriously------
judging by your numerous/multiple posts, you seem to disaprove of
everything to do with India, its people their religions, the politicians, their history, the fact that they got rid of the British
The question is why on earth did you go once for your 3 week tour, and why go again??? Why suffer it????

Old Feb 21st 2019, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Morpeth do you ever read posts before you resort to your frequent insults to describe another poster??
I do not "sympathise with any extreme Hindu nationalists", or any extreme nationalists!

I point out that approx. 80% of the population are 'nominally' Hindu-----why ignore that? Why do you and EMR have such a problem with that?
Do you approve of the old-time forced conversions by Christians?? Some missionaries are still trying!!

I have said above that in India a persons religion often DOES matter, but for the most it is just ONE ASPECT of a person.

Yes we all know that dispute and violence happens---for the majority it doesn't!

Your usual 'snide' remark!! "quaint eating habits and customs"! In India all holidays regardless of the religion are celebrated by ALL! The usual excuse for spending and eating are enjoyed regardless of religion!!!

In the UK many are vegetarian and more vegans-----is this a "quaint custom"?????

I agree with your second paragraph!! Just as I agree with EMR's last post, if that were possible in the world. However it isn't and never has been since the days of Mesopotamia!

You seem to get ‘insulted’ about many things but don’t read closely- I used the words “While Bipat may exhibit apparently lot of views or sympathies with extreme Hindu nationalists”

Why is it an insult when someone says you ‘may’’apparently’ has views or sympathies with certain groups- at is my impression, hardly an insult and I did qualify the statement.

“I point out that approx. 80% of the population are 'nominally' Hindu-----why ignore that?”

No one has ignored that.

Why do you and EMR have such a problem with that?

Very bizarre. Has anyone stated they have a problem that India is 80% Hindu?

I have no idea which post this is referring to.

“I have said above that in India a person’s religion often DOES matter, but for the most it is just ONE ASPECT of a person.”

I would guess many people in India and elsewhere would disagree that it is just ‘one aspect’.

“Your usual 'snide' remark!!”quaint eating habits and customs"! In India all holidays regardless of the religion are celebrated by ALL! “

Again you have a problem understanding. You have repeatedly and often referred to the differences between religion in India as primarily food aitars or holidays, hat otherwise everyone the same and culture has no influence on people. So it is your comments that refer to the ‘quaint customs’. Of course than understanding you immediately try to rephrase the comment into some sort of snide comment.

See above.

Old Feb 21st 2019, 10:09 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR--- I do not have to look them up As you said "a number" of inter-religious conflicts.

Do you really think that they haven't happened throughout history? As in other countries.
They happen(ed) regardless of politicians. Politicians join in to make the most of it.

EMR -----seriously------
everything to do with India, its people their religions, the politicians, their history, the fact that they got rid of the British
The question is why on earth did you go once for your 3 week tour, and why go again??? Why suffer it????
You should watch BBC Newsnight, carrying a feature about the rise in killings by extreme Hindhu groups supported by extreme BJP politicians. Local police
involvement...
Even Modi publicly supporting leading extreme politicians..

The reasons I am returning to India, , one if them I want to learn , to see myself, not see or hear about India from your fact denying revisionist history eyes...
There is nothing happening in India that I do not disapprove of where ever it happens and it does, Buddhist attacks on Tamils in kandy last year , we know the situation in Myanmar , , countries I have also visited , , it is you who has a problem with reality..or prefers to wear blinkers.....

Last edited by EMR; Feb 21st 2019 at 10:27 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

EMR -----seriously------
One could equally ask why your familiy would ever step foot in Britain considering your views which I assume shared by them.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by morpeth
One could equally ask why your familiy would ever step foot in Britain considering your views which I assume shared by them.
What views??
Are you referring to the British Empire? My views are shared by many British.
It is history! Not the present.
Do you agree with hanging children for theft, the workhouses etc,etc. Times change for most people but apparently not for you!

Are you incapable of realising that there are British people who don't share YOUR negative views about India?
We live equally in Britain. Our childrens' lives are in the UK.
Indian relatives frequently over the decades have visited! Or worked for some time.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
You should watch BBC Newsnight, carrying a feature about the rise in killings by extreme Hindhu groups supported by extreme BJP politicians. Local police
involvement...
Even Modi publicly supporting leading extreme politicians..

The reasons I am returning to India, , one if them I want to learn , to see myself, not see or hear about India from your fact denying revisionist history eyes...
There is nothing happening in India that I do not disapprove of where ever it happens and it does, Buddhist attacks on Tamils in kandy last year , we know the situation in Myanmar , , countries I have also visited , , it is you who has a problem with reality..or prefers to wear blinkers.....
EMR I know that you do not believe me when I speak of BBC bias.
Last week on the day of the terrorist attack on young trainee solduers in their 20s when other world leaders were expressing their horror, the BBC put on a programme about rape statistics in India which as I have shown you before? statistics in UK and USA are worse. You will refuse to believe that also.
Why did the BBC choose that evening for such a programme??

Which extreme politicians are you referring to? Do you even know their names?

Do Indians travel to the Uk for a holiday in order to witness child abuse, drug crime, stabbings?????

Old Feb 22nd 2019, 7:05 am
EMR
Banned

EMR I know that you do not believe me when I speak of BBC bias.
Last week on the day of the terrorist attack on young trainee solduers in their 20s when other world leaders were expressing their horror, the BBC put on a programme about rape statistics in India which as I have shown you before? statistics in UK and USA are worse. You will refuse to believe that also.
Why did the BBC choose that evening for such a programme??

Which extreme politicians are you referring to? Do you even know their names?

Do Indians travel to the Uk for a holiday in order to witness child abuse, drug crime, stabbings?????
You really are deluded, the BBC did report the attack on the security forces, , with an explanation of the background, how long the conflict has been going on and why.

I did not see the report you referred to, do you have a problem with factual reporting...

You want to present an image of India that likes to cover up much of which happens there..
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
You really are deluded, the BBC did report the attack on the security forces, , with an explanation of the background, how long the conflict has been going on and why.

I did not see the report you referred to, do you have a problem with factual reporting...

You want to present an image of India that likes to cover up much of which happens there..
I was referring the main 10 PM news. This was the biggest terrorist attack since the Mumbai and Pune bombings -----the latter aimed at tourist sites ----(you might think more important).

The point is the BBC report straight after the news was not accurately "factual".
"Cover up" if you read Indian newspapers you would know that every rape and attack is reported ----this does not happen in the UK!!!

How many times have I told you I could write pages of what is wrong with India, hardly cover up -----you (and Morpeth) never ask what!!!!!

You just make your own long distance judgements and get it wrong much of the time in your urge to think the worst, my question is
Why are you so obsessed with this one country?????

Old Feb 22nd 2019, 7:50 am
EMR
Banned

I was referring the main 10 PM news. This was the biggest terrorist attack since the Mumbai and Pune bombings -----the latter aimed at tourist sites ----(you might think more important).

The point is the BBC report straight after the news was not accurately "factual".
"Cover up" if you read Indian newspapers you would know that every rape and attack is reported ----this does not happen in the UK!!!

How many times have I told you I could write pages of what is wrong with India, hardly cover up -----you (and Morpeth) never ask what!!!!!

You just make your own long distance judgements and get it wrong much of the time in your urge to think the worst, my question is
Why are you so obsessed with this one country?????
Reporting facts , be it us stating what is in the Indian press , or thecwirld media reporting on events in India is not getting it wrong.
It us your blinkered approach which I hope is not symptomatic of how the majority in India think that continues to extend discussions such has this.
Headline news yesterday in the UK , the guilty verdict against an individual for the tapes and under of a little girl.
Will we see every Indian TV channel carting as a main story the judgement in the trial of those who have gangraoedcand murdered little girls from a different culture and religion to theirs.
Will we see the guilty judgement against those who murdered Muslims for eating beef and moving cows given prominence in the News across India with the media agreeing that judgement was rightly served on the killers..

What concerns me is your blinkered one sided view of facts and events.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
Reporting facts , be it us stating what is in the Indian press , or thecwirld media reporting on events in India is not getting it wrong.
It us your blinkered approach which I hope is not symptomatic of how the majority in India think that continues to extend discussions such has this.
Headline news yesterday in the UK , the guilty verdict against an individual for the tapes and under of a little girl.
Will we see every Indian TV channel carting as a main story the judgement in the trial of those who have gangraoedcand murdered little girls from a different culture and religion to theirs.
Will we see the guilty judgement against those who murdered Muslims for eating beef and moving cows given prominence in the News across India with the media agreeing that judgement was rightly served on the killers..

What concerns me is your blinkered one sided view of facts and events.
EMR -----I know all these reports -----I read them-----You can't have it both ways at one stage you accuse India of a 'cover up'----I point out this is not true,--- so you then accuse me of not believing the reports!!!

The reports of gang rapes are front page news and on TV channels in India'.
In the UK you can only access one TV channel so how would YOU know??

I asked you which extremist politicians you were referring to in your previous post -----as usual ---no reply.

I asked why the obsession with INDIAN crime?
By yourself and BBC.
I don't see front page reports in India regarding the terrible Isle of Bute murder!!

And why just 'crime' ? I didn't see UK newspaper reports of the dreadful happening of a 7 year old child trapped between the steps of an escalator in Delhi and what followed.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 10:34 am
EMR
Banned

EMR -----I know all these reports -----I read them-----You can't have it both ways at one stage you accuse India of a 'cover up'----I point out this is not true,--- so you then accuse me of not believing the reports!!!

The reports of gang rapes are front page news and on TV channels in India'.
In the UK you can only access one TV channel so how would YOU know??

I asked you which extremist politicians you were referring to in your previous post -----as usual ---no reply.

I asked why the obsession with INDIAN crime?
By yourself and BBC.
I don't see front page reports in India regarding the terrible Isle of Bute murder!!

And why just 'crime' ? I didn't see UK newspaper reports of the dreadful happening of a 7 year old child trapped between the steps of an escalator in Delhi and what followed.
Watch BBC news you will see the BJP politician in Rajshstan linked to the groups carrying out cow murders being slapped on the back by a smiling Modi.

Last edited by EMR; Feb 22nd 2019 at 10:46 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
Watch BBC news you will see the BJO politician in Rajshstan linked to the groups carrying out cow murders being slapped on the back by a smiling Modi.
Which Chief minister are you referring to?? When was BBC news showing this.*
Vasundhara Raje was accused of not doing enough to criticise the murders------she was not linked to the groups!!
She is no longer CM it is now Ashok Gehlot ( Congress party).

As I said why was BBC showing this -----why only pick on India to broadcast a crime list??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.