India and the Wars

Old Feb 18th 2019, 12:30 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

[QUOTE=Bipat;12638750]It is the PRESENT DAY official name of the Republic along with INDIA -----Hindi and English are the two official languages----Bharat/India.

Really what is the army, the airfare the navy called, what is the official title of the foreign ministry.
What is the nation's label in the UN.
I was only in India for 3 weeks, but never saw or heard any reference to Bharat.
Everwhere India, , India, India.. .
Even Nehru referred to Bharat as mythical derivation...
The adoption of the name of a civilisation that existed 2000 years ago doe not mean that the country that is now India has anything in common with that monotheistic civilisation., India could not be any further away from it.

Last edited by EMR; Feb 18th 2019 at 12:34 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Ref 2 , It just shows your ignorance of the country you call your second home.
The massive population changes were mainly in the border areas.
I suggest you look at a map of India and where it's historical concentrations of followers of Islam live.
They are not a different people, just a different religion,...
They part of the huge ethnic, religious, cultural mix that is India...
I know the history of India, the OP was discussing the city of Hyderabad----I do not know the detailed history of THAT city-----
Do you know the detailed history of every UK city?

I obviously know that it was in border areas where the main movement took place-----and still takes place----millions back into India from Bangladesh because of poverty there.

EMR I know where Muslims live and lived---

--They are not all clones either, surely even you must know that there are many different Muslim groups ---just as there are for Christians and Hindus. You must know the animosity between Sunni and Shia-----that actually is so in our town----they live in different areas--peacefully though---however they all speak Konkani and Kannada!!

EMR there are at least four Kashmiri run shops in our town -----opened during their winter---they go back in the summer. One of them stocks Christmas decorations. --
-Open your mind to reality EMR it is often different from 'books'.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=EMR;12638754]
Originally Posted by Bipat
It is the PRESENT DAY official name of the Republic along with INDIA -----Hindi and English are the two official languages----Bharat/India.

Really what is the army, the airfare the navy called, what is the official title of the foreign ministry.
What is the nation's label in the UN.
I was only in India for 3 weeks, but never saw or heard any reference to Bharat.
Everwhere India, , India, India.. .
Even Nehru referred to Bharat as mythical derivation...
The adoption of the name of a civilisation that existed 2000 years ago doe not mean that the country that is now India has anything in common with that monotheistic civilisation., India could not be any further away from it.
The Keralan poster on the Republic thread gave you an explanation and the answer to titles of army, navy etc.
Yes you were there 3 weeks-!! You didn't look at names of shops/businesses/ people!! etc etc.

Forgot to say------look up the Bharat Ratna

Last edited by Bipat; Feb 18th 2019 at 1:25 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 1:28 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I know the history of India, the OP was discussing the city of Hyderabad----I do not know the detailed history of THAT city-----
Do you know the detailed history of every UK city?

I obviously know that it was in border areas where the main movement took place-----and still takes place----millions back into India from Bangladesh because of poverty there.

EMR I know where Muslims live and lived---

--They are not all clones either, surely even you must know that there are many different Muslim groups ---just as there are for Christians and Hindus. You must know the animosity between Sunni and Shia-----that actually is so in our town----they live in different areas--peacefully though---however they all speak Konkani and Kannada!!

EMR there are at least four Kashmiri run shops in our town -----opened during their winter---they go back in the summer. One of them stocks Christmas decorations. --
-Open your mind to reality EMR it is often different from 'books'.
Hydrabad was not a city but one of the kingdoms with a majority Muslim population whose Muslim ruler refused to join India but was invaded by the Indian Army
That you do not know that despite there being a number of references to it in various threads on India does demonstrate a degree of ignorance on your part..
The rest of your post is the expected rambling diversion from you when your true views are revealed..

Last edited by EMR; Feb 18th 2019 at 1:33 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
Hydrabad was not a city but one of the state's with a majority Muslim population whose Muslim ruler refused to join India but was invaded by the Indian Army
That you do not know that despite there being a number of references to it in various threads on India does demonstrate a degree of ignorance on your part..
The rest of your post is the expected rambling diversion from you when your true views are revealed..
EMR I know what is described in history books, about the State --I said I did not know details. I know the modern city.
What rambling diversion? It is 'reality'. What "true views"?

You know absolutely nothing about differences in groups of Muslims and Hindus in India. Their lives and daily interactions, only spectacular events in newspapers.
So why are you so obsessed with this part of BE.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 1:55 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR I know what is described in history books, about the State --I said I did not know details. I know the modern city.
What rambling diversion? It is 'reality'. What "true views"?

You know absolutely nothing about differences in groups of Muslims and Hindus in India. Their lives and daily interactions, only spectacular events in newspapers.
So why are you so obsessed with this part of BE.
You still Don,t get do you
Anyone relying on you for a factual accurate impression of India its history, politics etc would be misled and confused to say the the least...
Looks like you are now joining Trump, anything you do not like is " fake news ".

Last edited by EMR; Feb 18th 2019 at 2:09 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2019, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
You still Don,t get do you
Anyone relying on you for a factual accurate impression of India its history, politics etc would be misled and confused to say the the least...
Looks like you are now joining Trump, anything you do not like is " fake news ".
I said that I did not know "details" of Hyderabad distant past only what I have read. That is not saying what I have read is "fake".

I am not expecting anyone to rely on me, however I am capable of correcting inaccuracy. (I have only about 50 years of in situ impressions, OH far more!!)

Old Feb 18th 2019, 3:46 pm
EMR
Banned

I said that I did not know "details" of Hyderabad distant past only what I have read. That is not saying what I have read is "fake".

I am not expecting anyone to rely on me, however I am capable of correcting inaccuracy. (I have only about 50 years of in situ impressions, OH far more!!)
When you can come up with something proven to refute recorded history and the meaning of words please do..
Old Feb 18th 2019, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
When you can come up with something proven to refute recorded history and the meaning of words please do..
What recorded history are you referring to???? What have I refuted??? I was referring to inaccuracy of posts on BE.
There must be vast amounts written -----have you read it all??????
All historians agree with each other do they????
https://www.open.edu/openlearn/histo...rians-disagree

The meaning of words!!!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_...cial_languages

There is a BharatMatrimony might be useful for you and Bharat coaches to get you around next holiday!
Haven't put links might be advertising!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2019, 4:33 pm
EMR
Banned

What recorded history are you referring to???? What have I refuted??? I was referring to inaccuracy of posts on BE.
There must be vast amounts written -----have you read it all??????
All historians agree with each other do they????
https://www.open.edu/openlearn/histo...rians-disagree

The meaning of words!!!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_...cial_languages

There is a BharatMatrimony might be useful for you and Bharat coaches to get you around next holiday!
Haven't put links might be advertising!!!!
Bharat an empire that existed nearlyc2000years ago.and vanished into the mists of time.
Little if anything to do with the modern state of India.
I am visiting sites from that time, it's the tourist industry, nothing more.
Anyone who doubts your abi,ity to deal with facts and recorded history just has to read a couple of your posts..

Old Feb 18th 2019, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
Bharat an empire that existed nearlyc2000years ago.and vanished into the mists of time.
Little if anything to do with the modern state of India.
I am visiting sites from that time, it's the tourist industry, nothing more.
Anyone who doubts your abi,ity to deal with facts and recorded history just has to read a couple of your posts..
So a country has an official name in its own language that a person named EMR on the other side of the world has decided is irrelevant!!!!!!!!!
Because he can only read English.

(Were you able to read the links though?)

Old Feb 18th 2019, 5:29 pm
EMR
Banned

So a country has an official name in its own language that a person named EMR on the other side of the world has decided is irrelevant!!!!!!!!!
Because he can only read English.

(Were you able to read the links though?)
More off your nonsense..
Go into the streets of any Indian city and ask 0a 1000 people what their country is known as and where they live ,apart from a few Hindu extremists, you know what the answer will be.
Ask those in the armed forces, you know what t their answer will be..
Ask the 100s millions of aspiring well educated middle class, you know what their answer will be.
Ask the rest of the world, you know what their answer will be.
It will not be Bharat.

Old Feb 19th 2019, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
More off your nonsense..
Go into the streets of any Indian city and ask 0a 1000 people what their country is known as and where they live ,apart from a few Hindu extremists, you know what the answer will be.
Ask those in the armed forces, you know what t their answer will be..
Ask the 100s millions of aspiring well educated middle class, you know what their answer will be.
Ask the rest of the world, you know what their answer will be.
It will not be Bharat.
Some daily newspapers for you. Notice the 'B' word in both.

https://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/

And above you had asked for something in Urdu.

Jadeed Bharat | جديد بهارت | Urdu Newspaper, Ranchi Jharkhand, India

I did ask you before ----how many Indian cities have you wandered in asking questions of thousands of people?
Old Feb 19th 2019, 8:44 am
EMR
Banned

Some daily newspapers for you. Notice the 'B' word in both.

And above you had asked for something in Urdu.

Jadeed Bharat | جديد بهارت | Urdu Newspaper, Ranchi Jharkhand, India

I did ask you before ----how many Indian cities have you wandered in asking questions of thousands of people?

Why is this thread in the India SECTION, , becsuse no one would have a clue what you were talking about if you used Bharat..
You may be stuck in the past , a minority of Hindu extremists and revisionists may think as you but probably 99% of the 2 billion INDIANS, think of tneir country as INDIA..
look up the top ten Newspapers in India by circulation, , title and language...
Only 1 of those you posted links to is in it..
Who does that paper support ?

Last edited by EMR; Feb 19th 2019 at 8:50 am.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
Why is this thread in the India SECTION, , becsuse no one would have a clue what you were talking about if you used Bharat..
You may be stuck in the past , a minority of Hindu extremists and revisionists may think as you but probably 99% of the 2 billion INDIANS, think of tneir country as INDIA..
look up the top ten Newspapers in India by circulation, , title and language...
Only 1 of those you posted links is in it.
No this is a British Forum. So people speak English. Note British----even though they don't think about Ancient Britain when they say it!!

What I am trying to convince you is that in other countries people speak their local language most of the time.
In India the majority of the 1.4 billion (not 2 billion) do not speak English in every day conversation, even though many can understand and speak it. They will speak it to British tourists.

Each State will have newspapers in their own State language.

Times of India is the no.1 sold countrywide ----that is the link I gave you!!!!!!!!

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ Other BE members can see that it is the same newspaper but in English language.

(I only posted 2 links) -----Urdu is not commonly spoken throughout India------but people who speak it are aware of the OFFICIAL NAMES of the country (there are TWO OFFICIAL NAMES

EMR you still haven't told us which are the Indian cities you have visited and where the 1000s of people are you questioned about their language.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.