India and the Wars

Old Jan 5th 2019, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default India and the Wars

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...anu-das-review

Ian Jack writes well and is not only like me from Fife but is also a resident of the Isle of Bute !
Old Jan 27th 2019, 8:38 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: India and the Wars

Originally Posted by scot47
https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...anu-das-review

Ian Jack writes well and is not only like me from Fife but is also a resident of the Isle of Bute !
Facts which contradict the views of others who claim that it was British troops who ruled and occupied pre Independence India at gunpoint.
When I pointed out the facts of the Amritsar massacre I was effectively accused of lying..
Old Jan 27th 2019, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Facts which contradict the views of others who claim that it was British troops who ruled and occupied pre Independence India at gunpoint.
When I pointed out the facts of the Amritsar massacre I was effectively accused of lying..
EMR there is nothing new in this it is well known that Indian soldiers were loyal to their British masters ---who paid them good wages. They obeyed otherwise be shot themselves. They were under British orders.

As to British troops pre independence ----were you there?? How can you possibly know?

They did not "rule" they were there to keep order on behalf of the British 'rulers' if locals 'misbehaved'! A contingent could be summoned at short notice. Usually locals didn't 'misbehave' they valued their lives and income; also the British troops were not exactly happy at their jobs so there was local interaction.

Our home town in a strategic coastal position had permanent troops, they had good relationship with locals.
Post war the barracks was sold and became a hotel, the original owner passed away aged 90+ a few weeks ago, he used to call in on us daily on his way to church. He was one of the local Christian community who had fled from the cruelty in a neighbouring Empire area.

EMR as a Remainer you criticise Brexiters as wanting Empire 2----you seem to be a promoter of Empire 1.

Old Jan 28th 2019, 7:24 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
EMR there is nothing new in this it is well known that Indian soldiers were loyal to their British masters ---who paid them good wages. They obeyed otherwise be shot themselves. They were under British orders.

As to British troops pre independence ----were you there?? How can you possibly know?

They did not "rule" they were there to keep order on behalf of the British 'rulers' if locals 'misbehaved'! A contingent could be summoned at short notice. Usually locals didn't 'misbehave' they valued their lives and income; also the British troops were not exactly happy at their jobs so there was local interaction.

Our home town in a strategic coastal position had permanent troops, they had good relationship with locals.
Post war the barracks was sold and became a hotel, the original owner passed away aged 90+ a few weeks ago, he used to call in on us daily on his way to church. He was one of the local Christian community who had fled from the cruelty in a neighbouring Empire area.

EMR as a Remainer you criticise Brexiters as wanting Empire 2----you seem to be a promoter of Empire 1.
100s thousands of Indian troops armed with the most modern equipment of the time,
living in fear of a relatively low number of British troops,, another of your many fantasies.
IT has been established many times on British expats that you deny facts and recorded history whenever the argument goes against you.
Here is an opportunity for you , how many Indian troops were shot down by British troops in the period 1860 to 1947..
The last lines of your post are your usual sad pathetic rambling .
Its again a tactic that anyone who follows your posts will be familiar with..

Old Jan 28th 2019, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

EMR shares all the attitudes of Churchill. Remeber him and his role in ruling the Raj ? The East India Company and its successor The India Office employed the tactics of "Divide and Rule" - right up to the end and the many tragedies of partition.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
100s thousands of Indian troops armed with the most modern equipment of the time,
living in fear of a relatively low number of British troops,, another of your many fantasies.
IT has been established many times on British expats that you deny facts and recorded history whenever the argument goes against you.
Here is an opportunity for you , how many Indian troops were shot down by British troops in the period 1860 to 1947..
The last lines of your post are your usual sad pathetic rambling .
Its again a tactic that anyone who follows your posts will be familiar with..
EMR -----just think about it!!----Who was ruling? Who could expand the number of British troops where and whenever needed? Who supplied the "modern equipment"?
I have explained to you the senior Indian officers were loyal to the British-----wouldn't have been much use otherwise! A relative in- law (air force officer flew in the 'Battle of Britain--survived).
The ordinary soldiers (both British and Indian were there for their wages and a means of living.

I do not know how many Indian troops were shot-----I don't suppose there is a record of it---they were just nameless employees! Very few would throw away their daily income!!
When OH collected their thrown cigarette cards, watched them swimming naked in the sea----he didn't think of asking!

EMR the British ruled for a hundred years----when you are born into that situation, you have to make the best of it, get a job, support family. This applies to the soldiers sent from the UK as well as the locals getting some wages.

My father--in-law played tennis with the British in our town, sat and had coffee with them, they had a friendly relationship---he would never have walked past the- 'NO NATIVES' sign into the club house. (They would never have invited him ----they would have been censured).
You apparently approve of this situation.

EMR as others have told you-----you don't know 'everything about everything'. However it shines through your posts that you support the Empire occupations.

Old Jan 28th 2019, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/o...Qa0adlhCbPdFP8

gives an insight that EMR, Lord Mountbatten and Churchill could never iunderstand.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 1:59 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR -----just think about it!!----Who was ruling? Who could expand the number of British troops where and whenever needed? Who supplied the "modern equipment"?
I have explained to you the senior Indian officers were loyal to the British-----wouldn't have been much use otherwise! A relative in- law (air force officer flew in the 'Battle of Britain--survived).
The ordinary soldiers (both British and Indian were there for their wages and a means of living.

I do not know how many Indian troops were shot-----I don't suppose there is a record of it---they were just nameless employees! Very few would throw away their daily income!!
When OH collected their thrown cigarette cards, watched them swimming naked in the sea----he didn't think of asking!

EMR the British ruled for a hundred years----when you are born into that situation, you have to make the best of it, get a job, support family. This applies to the soldiers sent from the UK as well as the locals getting some wages.

My father--in-law played tennis with the British in our town, sat and had coffee with them, they had a friendly relationship---he would never have walked past the- 'NO NATIVES' sign into the club house. (They would never have invited him ----they would have been censured).
You apparently approve of this situation.

EMR as others have told you-----you don't know 'everything about everything'. However it shines through your posts that you support the Empire occupations.
If you do not how many if any were shot, then stop posting nonsense..

Once again stop posting your rambling rubbish it only makes you look even more foolish if that was possible.
Your inability to deal with facts is well known.
I know what is in recorded history from multiple sources, something you seem unable to comprehend. as has been pointed out to you numerous times.

Old Jan 28th 2019, 2:04 pm
EMR
Banned

gives an insight that EMR, Lord Mountbatten and Churchill could never iunderstand.
I am not a Brexiter, ,
I agree that there are many Brexiters who see leaving the EU as in their strange minds a way of returning to the past .
You would not expect an Indian historian to view the partition of India which was driven as much by Indian politicians as by the British in a detached clinical way..
The blood of those killed is on the hands of Nehrru, Jiinna and co as much as it is on Mountbatten and the Atlee government.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
If you do not how many if any were shot, then stop posting nonsense..

Once again stop posting your rambling rubbish it only makes you look even more foolish if that was possible.
Your inability to deal with facts is well known.
I know what is in recorded history from multiple sources, something you seem unable to comprehend. as has been pointed out to you numerous times.
Were you there during 'British India'? How can you personally know any "facts".

A disobedient native ordinary soldier was of no importance why would there be a record of any 'punishments'. Those there knew what would happen.

I suggest it is you that needs to do some reading.
Also there are still many alive with their own and their parents memories----talk to them!!!

If you call my description of your self "rambling" ---why to you excuse the British at every opportunity?

Old Jan 28th 2019, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

One inaccuracy -----the decision to expedite the deadline for partition and the rush to draw the foolish borderline was from Attlee-----Mountbatten was just employed to carry out the task.

Old Jan 28th 2019, 2:17 pm
EMR
Banned

Were you there during 'British India'? How can you personally know any "facts".

A disobedient native ordinary soldier was of no importance why would there be a record of any 'punishments'. Those there knew what would happen.

I suggest it is you that needs to do some reading.
Also there are still many alive with their own and their parents memories----talk to them!!!

If you call my description of your self "rambling" ---why to you excuse the British at every opportunity?
No I deal in fact, you ignore them.
You make claims then are unable to dispute recorded history.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EMR has no manners and the strange idea that there is something out there called "Historical Truth" ! (To which he alone has access !)
Old Jan 28th 2019, 6:29 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has no manners and the strange idea that there is something out there called "Historical Truth" ! (To which he alone has access !)
Bipat has no sense of what is a fact, what is historical record, the billions of words, eye witness reports, official documents Tec.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 6:32 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
No I deal in fact, you ignore them.
You make claims then are unable to dispute recorded history.
What historical facts have been ignored, details please, not what you father in law heard over the garden wall but that which is on record..
For once provide facts that can be backed up by reputable sources..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.