who applying 457 thread

Old May 21st 2010, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

BriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by cwphua
Hi,
I have just started the evisa 457 application. If I am not wrong I am not required to do a full medical check up but to go for an xray. Would anyone know if I can go directly to the panel radiologist or I must be referred by the panel doctor. If I go to the radiologist directly does the radiologist send the application form to the Health Operation Centre in Australia or does it have to go through the panel doctor?

Hope someone can assist me.

Cheers,
Chiu
Hi cwphua,

I’ve been keeping an eye on this as it will affect me in the future.
I don’t have an answer for you but I’m sure someone on here will come along and give you the answer.

Good luck.
Old May 21st 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Gina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this pointGina123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BriBri UK
Hi,

Perhaps some of you kind people who have been through this can help.We are going on a 457 visa and wish to apply for PR 2 years later.
I understand that generally speaking you do not require FBI checks for a 457 visa.
We lived in US for 5 years and now live back in the UK.
From reading on here it appears that FBI checks can take around 14 weeks to go through.

My questions are:

Is it worth getting the FBI checks done now.

If we don’t visit US between now and 2 years time when we apply for PR will the FBI check be valid or will they need a more up to date check??

Any advice would be appreciated
Hi, I went ahead and got our police checks done, and they were not required for the 457 app. We are also being sponsored for PR after 2 years in Australia, been here 18 months now. The police checks I had done will be of no use when we apply for PR because they are only accepted if they are 12 months old. (I think it is 12 months ... possibly 6) but either way the police check I had done 18 months ago will not be allowed to be used in PR application. I will have to get a new police check done closer to the time. Hope this helps! Message me if you have any other questions.

Gina
Old May 21st 2010, 10:10 am
Just Joined

cwphua is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BriBri UK
Hi cwphua,

I’ve been keeping an eye on this as it will affect me in the future.
I don’t have an answer for you but I’m sure someone on here will come along and give you the answer.

Good luck.
Hi Bribri,
I had confirmation from the immigrations. So long as your applicant does not involve classroom environment you do not need to undergo a medical examination. You are only required to go for an x-ray, depending on countries though ( refer to the immigration website on the country listed).
Old Jun 11th 2010, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

BearFamily will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cwphua
Hi Bribri,
I had confirmation from the immigrations. So long as your applicant does not involve classroom environment you do not need to undergo a medical examination. You are only required to go for an x-ray, depending on countries though ( refer to the immigration website on the country listed).
Having been through the process myself of getting a 457 and applying for PR. We only needed to get x-rays done for the 457 but full meds are required for the PR.