who applying 457 thread

Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Aberboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by jennireren
Congratulations on getting your visa today!!

was the nearly eight weeks just for your application or for the whole process from the sponsor getting approval to the nomination and your visa?

Ours has just been lodged today but thats for all 3, the business approval, nomination, and hubbys visa. does anyone know how long this usually takes? I'm dying to give my four weeks notice to my employers for my career break in the hope of going in about 6 weeks!!! does anyone one think this is being too hopeful???
My agent also applied for all 3 on 07/10 and got the nomination approval on the 10th!!! haven't heard anything more yet
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

velma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Aberboy
My agent also applied for all 3 on 07/10 and got the nomination approval on the 10th!!! haven't heard anything more yet
How do you lodge the nomination at the same time as the visa application - the application needs the approved sponsored position reference number doesn't it first?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Think they just work through each step and move the relevant number across as they create it.

I'd heard from the agent that having all 3 in together can be quicker as they just work through it all in one go so you don't go back into the pile on the floor for each step.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

velma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura aboutvelma has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Safin
Think they just work through each step and move the relevant number across as they create it.

I'd heard from the agent that having all 3 in together can be quicker as they just work through it all in one go so you don't go back into the pile on the floor for each step.
The firm who have offered me a job haven't nominated it yet - shall I go back and tell them that I will do my one form and they do their form and we both send it all off - ie me from uk them from oz or do they send it to me? I am so confused as I am trying to direct them as well.....
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

That I don't know. Our firm is a big one who insist on everything going through an agent so they did it all. Not sure how it works when everyone is doing their own bit.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

thats what happened with us last yr they were all put in together and the sponsership was approved on the same day as the meds were finalised and approved the next day the visa was approved - 28 days start to finish

never understood to be honest why everyone has to wait for sponsership and when that is approved then they apply for the visa

i thought everyone did it like we did however it really looks like they dont i personally would recommend people did it the way we did as it really does speed up the waiting time
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by velma
The firm who have offered me a job haven't nominated it yet - shall I go back and tell them that I will do my one form and they do their form and we both send it all off - ie me from uk them from oz or do they send it to me? I am so confused as I am trying to direct them as well.....
get them to employ and agent - easier all round especially as they have never done it before
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Aberboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by velma
How do you lodge the nomination at the same time as the visa application - the application needs the approved sponsored position reference number doesn't it first?
I believe you can submit all three at the same time (Sponsership, Nomination, visa). I read it somewhere in the Australian Immigration website.

I forgot to add that I did it through an agent.

Last edited by Aberboy; Oct 20th 2008 at 9:14 am.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

I have tried to start the visa application electronically and I can't go any furter than teh first page as it asks for "Nomination Application Transaction Reference Number (TRN)" or "Nomination Approval Number" or the saved application ID which I presume must be so that I can save it and log back in again. The company offereing me a job is a sponsoring employer but has not yet nominated the position - how would they have either of the above numbers if they have not yet nominated the position? I don't understand....
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

We did all three together BUT through an agent. Not sure how they got round the problem. Maybe a call to DIAC directly if you have no agent....
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

BearFamily will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Angib
Yes i got an email a few hours after visa was granted - my timeline was
Applied 6/9/08
Medicals Completed 25th September
Medicals Finalised 30th September
Visa Granted 2nd October 2008

Hope this helps
Hiya Angi,

Haven't been on forum for ages. Then I get on and see that your visa has been granted CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Regards Angela
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Renewal of existing 457 applied for 15 Oct at Parramatta, Employer needs re-certifying as well though.

Same employer position and employee, onshore and fully front loaded.

The agent says 1 - 2 weeks. We'll see.
employer bit took 2 days! Agent didn't send our contract til asked. That shows received 22 Oct
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:24 am
Just Joined

lovely1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by boulam51
Thanks!

It just seems weird to get all this in the same day!?!? :

07/10/2008 Health requirements finalised Message
07/10/2008 Health requirements outstanding Message
07/10/2008 Further medical results received Message
07/10/2008 Further medical results received

It seems I'm the only one like that.

But if it is sais Health Requirements finalised i guess I have nothing more to do
Hi Boulam,
Any updates for your visa?
I also received everything in one day (Sept 26th) so you're not the only one in that case. In which office did you apply?
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Well it has been a long time since I posted on this thread as I was offered a position at a place I have been working part time on a student visa about 4 months ago. They are rather slack and have only just today officially offered me the position. It will be on a 457 visa to start with as it is quicker, and then they will apply for the RSMS visa as soon as the 457 visa is finalised.

I am slightly panicking now as I have to get my UK police checks done and have no idea who I am going to get to sign our photos to say they have known us for two years..... ohhhhhhhh, just had a brain wave, best mate in UK is a teacher lol, why did that not occur to me before??

Anyway, I am using an agent so hopefully he will let me know exactly what I need to do next.

Just to check, the police checks in Oz, are they the ones where you just go into the office, pay your money and they give them to you (hubbie needed one for his job).

Half excited, half not wanting to get my hopes up as I think getting my job approved by immigration is going to be the hardest bit (unusual job).
Old Oct 24th 2008, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

The firm who has agreed to ponsor me is using an agent thank goodness.

Can I ask as a general round up how long then, from all people's experiences lately, the 457 takes to come through from actually submitting teh application to it being granted (assuming no massive delay with meds and police check in teh bag already)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.