British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   who applying 457 thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/who-applying-457-thread-470157/)

hitchcock71 Jul 30th 2007 1:58 pm

who applying 457 thread
 
thought i would start a 457 thread to see who had applied :blink:who was applying:confused: and who had got it:thumbsup:

we are applying in the next week

so good luck to all of you

hitchcock

Red_V_Roger Jul 30th 2007 3:20 pm

Re: who applying 457 thread
 
Aaaahhh...

You know already from my posts...

Online Application 7/7
X-Rays 13/7
'Processing Further' 20/7 and Meds Finalised 20/7

Intra-company transfer i.e. 'slimline procedures' think that means nowt really.

Oz company desperate for me, me desperate to go.

Flights booked for 7/9/07

I hope somebody at Immi reads this forum and gets their fingers out for me.

nigelb Jul 30th 2007 5:39 pm

Re: who applying 457 thread
 
HI

we applied online 25/5 meds done 26/6 still no message saying received etc so still we wait CO assigned 12/6

good luck to all 457 in waiting

sarah

hitchcock71 Jul 30th 2007 5:48 pm

Re: who applying 457 thread
 

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger (Post 5125248)
Aaaahhh...

You know already from my posts...

Online Application 7/7
X-Rays 13/7
'Processing Further' 20/7 and Meds Finalised 20/7

Intra-company transfer i.e. 'slimline procedures' think that means nowt really.


Oz company desperate for me, me desperate to go.

Flights booked for 7/9/07

I hope somebody at Immi reads this forum and gets their fingers out for me.

roger i did think about adding you :thumbsup:
also midwifetobe:D but dont know your time lines

wullieb1 Jul 30th 2007 7:08 pm

Re: who applying 457 thread
 
I just got mine approved on Friday.

I think t5he agent sent them in on May 17th

hitchcock71 Jul 30th 2007 7:58 pm

Re: who applying 457 thread
 

Originally Posted by wullieb1 (Post 5125962)
I just got mine approved on Friday.

I think t5he agent sent them in on May 17th


congratulations
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

furkew Jul 30th 2007 9:34 pm

Re: who applying 457 thread
 

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 5125014)
thought i would start a 457 thread to see who had applied :blink:who was applying:confused: and who had got it:thumbsup:

we are applying in the next week

so good luck to all of you

hitchcock

There are very few that dont get 457's as far as I know.

The processing can be very quick, or in my case bloody slow.

Medicals are taking a VERY long time to clear at the moment, you just need to be patient. Worth bearing in mind, if you are still waiting for an answer, and you have flights booked, you can fly to Oz on a normal ETA visa, while waiting in the worst scenario.

We got ours 5 days before we flew out (24/7), flights where booked, furniture on its way, house sold etc etc. We like to live on the edge :D

Red_V_Roger Jul 31st 2007 6:34 am

Re: who applying 457 thread
 
I had some ideas about going in on ETA also...

Actually, I legally have two current British Passports with different numebrs etc. - one of which I entered and left Oz in May using, so has 12 month ETA, the other I have used for the 457 application.

Who's going to tell me the rules on going in ETA on one passport and getting the 457 later on in the other?
:confused::confused::confused::rofl:

wullieb1 Jul 31st 2007 7:17 am

Re: who applying 457 thread
 

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 5126219)
congratulations
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks.

The actual process has been going on for over 7 months so i'm glad its all over now.

Let the adventure begin.....

JohnSky Aug 1st 2007 1:58 am

Re: who applying 457 thread
 

Originally Posted by wullieb1 (Post 5127853)
Thanks.

The actual process has been going on for over 7 months so i'm glad its all over now.

Let the adventure begin.....

Congratulations!!

It is bloody slow process but if you have all the papers it is going to work!

Sharing with you guys my timeline:

16/05/2007 Sponsorship Approved - Letter Granted
22/05/2007 Application received - processing commenced
31/05/2007 Application fee received
31/05/2007 Application being processed further
06/06/2007 Health requirements outstanding
18/06/2007 Medical´s done and submited to LCU(Fedex) (no Status Changed)
25/06/2007 Health results arrived at LCU (Fedex) (no Status Changed)
31/07/2007 Health requirements Finalised

hitchcock71 Aug 1st 2007 6:36 am

Re: who applying 457 thread
 
anyone got any good news this morning!

our is that contracts are signed sealed and delivered visa next stop perth the next. company wants us out there in october!

speak soon tiff

Red_V_Roger Aug 1st 2007 6:38 am

Re: who applying 457 thread
 

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 5132130)
anyone got any good news this morning!

our is that contracts are signed sealed and delivered visa next stop perth the next. company wants us out there in october!

speak soon tiff

Still nothing - and to think I've probably got another month of this waking up and seeing nothing happend.....aaaahhhhh!

hitchcock71 Aug 1st 2007 6:42 am

Re: who applying 457 thread
 
morning roger!!!
status not changed then???

Red_V_Roger Aug 1st 2007 6:58 am

Re: who applying 457 thread
 

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 (Post 5132153)
morning roger!!!
status not changed then???


No :curse: system finally back online to show me - NO CHANGE

Knutty Aug 1st 2007 7:02 am

Re: who applying 457 thread
 
Hi there,

Just joined this site today as Hubby just accepted job offer in Melbourne and the 457 applicaion is about to be started. They're hoping it'll take 6 weeks to process but I have no idea, do you reckon that's very unlikely?

Does anyone know anything about the process of getting PR once on a 457?

Thanks, Leann.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.