British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   who applying 457 thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/who-applying-457-thread-470157/)

paraponte Oct 30th 2007 1:19 pm

Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by chefjung (Post 5488198)
Hey guys, just wanted to say hi to all the members on here! I'm a newbie to this site and just like alot of people I guess I'm waiting impatiently for the visa. I've applied on Sept 11/07, medicals received on Sept 19/07 but nothing has changed!!!!.....I applied at the brisbane office. Seems like a lot of people that applied after me has been having better progress. It's killing me wasting time doing nothing but check my status every day hoping something will change!.urrrrggggg!

Welcome to the party!

lots on here emerwaiting!

ianhutch1 Oct 30th 2007 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 5488663)
Have to say if the company weren't paying we wouldn't have used an agent though. Only advantage I can see for us is that they have their own 'contacts' in DIAC and may get more info etc than us as individuals could get.

Have to agree with that, the 457 application doesnt seem to be an overly complicated process so I dont see the point of spending what can be a lot of money on something you could probably do yourself.

midwife2be Oct 30th 2007 1:30 pm

i managed it no problems on my own (OH useless :rofl:)

If your application is straightforward it should be easy enough! Any queries about online form I either asked on here or emailed them a query. No worries mate - got my visa :thumbsup:

hotel44 Oct 30th 2007 1:45 pm

I got it!

Went online first thing yesterday morning, to check my status age as i do a million times a day and there is was "applicant approved"!! Hoorah!

40 days from start to finish.

Booked my flights, fly out to Brisbane on 22nd of November!

Good luck to you guys waiting, it has to be THE most frustrating experience but it'll be so worth it!

Naomi xx

nigelb Oct 30th 2007 1:51 pm

Congratulations Naomi

What a day for visa granting... BE is buzzing

enjoy your new life

Sarah

Safin Oct 30th 2007 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by hotel44 (Post 5488873)
I got it!

Went online first thing yesterday morning, to check my status age as i do a million times a day and there is was "applicant approved"!! Hoorah!

Good luck to you guys waiting, it has to be THE most frustrating experience but it'll be so worth it!

Naomi xx

Great news

By my reckoning that means yellow mellow, parh, whitterz, Darren253, Asskwoo, Stuffed shirt, Antifunky, ianhutch1, me and a few more should all be any day now as we all applied or got meds finalised about the same time.

Anyone wanna start a sweepstake on placings?

antifunky Oct 30th 2007 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 5488938)
Great news

By my reckoning that means yellow mellow, parh, whitterz, Darren253, Asskwoo, Stuffed shirt, Antifunky, ianhutch1, me and a few more should all be any day now as we all applied or got meds finalised about the same time.

my placing.... Safin will lead it with a visa grant tomorrow morning :) and then Mr Antifunky :thumbsup: lol

ianhutch1 Oct 30th 2007 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 5488938)
Great news

I sure hope so, my agent was quoting 10 weeks for approval so god only knows when we are going to get ours :unsure:

GillB Oct 30th 2007 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by hotel44 (Post 5488873)
I got it!

Naomi xx

Well Done

Jasonmb Oct 30th 2007 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by Safin (Post 5488663)
Yep we did, our company use Ernst and Young in Sydney even though job is in QLD. They gave us a form to fill in to get the info required for the online application form. we scanned our docs in and sent it all to the agent. They then did the actual forms.

Have to say if the company weren't paying we wouldn't have used an agent though. Only advantage I can see for us is that they have their own 'contacts' in DIAC and may get more info etc than us as individuals could get.

Is there a reason you ask?

Hi

I hope you don't mind my asking but which company is sponsoring you, the company sponsoring us (SMS) also use Ernst & Young:thumbup:

Safin Oct 30th 2007 2:48 pm

1 Attachment(s)
How sad am I ? I've done an excel sheet to monitor 457 progress. Feel free to add details/send them to me and I'll keep it up to date if anyone else is as sad as me and wants to know!!

Apolgies if I missed you just did those I already knew where nearish me or have posted today. Please join in if you wish to.

Safin Oct 30th 2007 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by Jasonmb (Post 5489051)
Hi

I hope you don't mind my asking but which company is sponsoring you, the company sponsoring us (SMS) also use Ernst & Young:thumbup:

Pm'd you

ianhutch1 Oct 30th 2007 3:05 pm

Hi Safin,

Thats great we can see hopefully who should be next.

I have just emailed my migration guy to find out when my meds were received and to see if they have been finalised, will let you know what he replies :)

Safin Oct 30th 2007 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by ianhutch1 (Post 5489129)
Hi Safin,

Thats great we can see hopefully who should be next.

I have just emailed my migration guy to find out when my meds were received and to see if they have been finalised, will let you know what he replies :)

Are you an online applicant? If so you can check yourself with your TRN no at the link below

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa

ianhutch1 Oct 30th 2007 3:15 pm

No I dont think so, will check with my agent.