British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   who applying 457 thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/who-applying-457-thread-470157/)

janandjohn Aug 22nd 2007 11:18 am

Re: who applying 457 thread

many thanks for that - am going to give agent a ring - we did sign agents form but were told to send everything off to employer - getting worried now hope everything going to be alright :(
Will let you know how we get on many thanks - will get u a drink when we got to sunny Perth :beer:

janandjohn Aug 22nd 2007 11:19 am

Many thanks for that advice - we live in South Shore so not too far from you - will get onto website this afternoon and try and get things moving

SafetyJohn Aug 22nd 2007 11:20 am

Hi Tiff

We're off to Sydney have a vague idea of where we want to live but I think we'll wait till we're over to make our minds up - anywhere can look nice looking at it on a computer I guess you don't really know until your there.

We would like to be going in October to be settled in for Christmas - our immigration agent in Sydney has said 8 weeks but from looking at the delays at LCU I think we've just got to keep our fingers crossed!

It's like your living in limbo - don't know how long the house is going to be, how long the visa is going to take everyone keeps asking when we're going I wish I could tell them!

Sarahx

hitchcock71 Aug 22nd 2007 11:21 am

Originally Posted by janandjohn (Post 5220995)
many thanks for that - am going to give agent a ring - we did sign agents form but were told to send everything off to employer - getting worried now hope everything going to be alright :(
Will let you know how we get on many thanks - will get u a drink when we got to sunny Perth :beer:

you off to perth to then ???

bk your meds for next week only need xrays if your not a nurse or teacher etc if you have children meds for them

to get them sent out and processed

your agent should be telling you this i dont understand why she is n't as she is being paid to help you

janandjohn Aug 22nd 2007 11:25 am

Yep we off to Sunny Perth - have been twice before there on holidays and fell in love with the place. Am going to get on to meds today - hubby going as sheet metal worker so we will only need xrays - agent being paid by Hubby's firm - so maybe that's why taking a long time

hitchcock71 Aug 22nd 2007 11:25 am

Originally Posted by SafetyJohn (Post 5220999)
Hi Tiff

We're off to Sydney have a vague idea of where we want to live but I think we'll wait till we're over to make our minds up - anywhere can look nice looking at it on a computer I guess you don't really know until your there.

We would like to be going in October to be settled in for Christmas - our immigration agent in Sydney has said 8 weeks but from looking at the delays at LCU I think we've just got to keep our fingers crossed!

It's like your living in limbo - don't know how long the house is going to be, how long the visa is going to take everyone keeps asking when we're going I wish I could tell them!

Sarahx

ok for october as your doing your meds sooner rather than later

know what you mean about everyone asking when you going sometimes it feels like they cant wait to get rid of us
!!!

hitchcock71 Aug 22nd 2007 11:26 am

Originally Posted by janandjohn (Post 5221017)
Yep we off to Sunny Perth - have been twice before there on holidays and fell in love with the place. Am going to get on to meds today - hubby going as sheet metal worker so we will only need xrays - agent being paid by Hubby's firm - so maybe that's why taking a long time

oh employer paying for our as well should not make any difference

where are you looking at perth we may move out to fremantle way

hitchcock71 Aug 22nd 2007 11:28 am

Originally Posted by SafetyJohn (Post 5220999)
Hi Tiff

Sarahx

dont for get to add your name to the august 2007 list

janandjohn Aug 22nd 2007 11:29 am

been looking at secret harbour and port kennedy - they're our two favourites but Rockingham not too bad as well - anywhere got to better than here :)

SafetyJohn Aug 22nd 2007 11:29 am

Tiff

My husband's company are paying for the visa and the agent emailed us to say to book the medicals but we don't know if we should be paying for them or not. We've emailed the agent to ask but they haven't responded. We don't mind paying for them but it would be nice not to! Did you pay for yours?

hitchcock71 Aug 22nd 2007 11:31 am

i agree with that xxxx

too far south for us

there is a large expat community down there though from what i hear some one called on itBE "the little britain" dont know what they mean:confused:

hitchcock71 Aug 22nd 2007 11:32 am

Originally Posted by SafetyJohn (Post 5221047)
Tiff

My husband's company are paying for the visa and the agent emailed us to say to book the medicals but we don't know if we should be paying for them or not. We've emailed the agent to ask but they haven't responded. We don't mind paying for them but it would be nice not to! Did you pay for yours?

we paid for them ourselfs and we are going to claim the money back once we ahve got the visa :D

have you been given a relocation package??/

have you found the agust thread yet

paulainspain Aug 22nd 2007 11:38 am

Hello, hubby got offered a job today in Brisbane to start 15th October:eek:, we have already applied for a student visa and got it but now this has come through, great news for us. Can anyone advise if we can use our medicals and xrays from the original application for the student visa? The employer is sorting out the visa at his end but it would be great not to have to go through the medical process again and save a few euros.;), I have been in touch with the evisa helpdesk but have had no reply for a week, can anyone out there give me the answer:confused:

SafetyJohn Aug 22nd 2007 11:39 am

Thanks - I'll ask them if we can get the money back.

We haven't got a re-location package as such but they are going to give us a lump sum when we get over there which will cover what we have spent on the move.

I know what you mean about it seeming like they can't wait to get rid of you, my dad's trying to organise a leaving party don't know how I feel about that. Suddenly everyone's our best friend, not sure if they just want to see us a lot before we go or because they think they can come over and stay!

Have you got children? Mine are 3 and 5 so don't really understand what's going on. My 5 year old goes back to school the week after next and I think she'll be sad to say goodbye to her friends but they quickly make new ones at that age so not too worried.

Can't find the August 2007 list where is it?

hitchcock71 Aug 22nd 2007 11:44 am

Originally Posted by SafetyJohn (Post 5221090)
Thanks - I'll ask them if we can get the money back.

We haven't got a re-location package as such but they are going to give us a lump sum when we get over there which will cover what we have spent on the move.

I know what you mean about it seeming like they can't wait to get rid of you, my dad's trying to organise a leaving party don't know how I feel about that. Suddenly everyone's our best friend, not sure if they just want to see us a lot before we go or because they think they can come over and stay!

Have you got children? Mine are 3 and 5 so don't really understand what's going on. My 5 year old goes back to school the week after next and I think she'll be sad to say goodbye to her friends but they quickly make new ones at that age so not too worried.

Can't find the August 2007 list where is it?

if you look n todays treads i will bring it up for you

we have 2 kids aged 3 and nrly 2 al seems to understand what we are doing and that hes going to live in australia and its longer than the holiday that we had in april they will adjust they are quite young

everyones our best frienmd as they want stuff out of my house like me tv and other things