who applying 457 thread

Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:23 am
  #3736  
Tarun
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Sarina, QLD
Posts: 121
tarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Hi all,

I opened my mail this morning to find that my nomination application had been approved. Now, it's the wait for the final visa application to be approved. I'd front loaded all the documents at the time of lodgement. Hopefully, it won't be long now for my visa to be granted.
tarunrajan is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:28 am
  #3737  
BE Forum Addict
 
RenShen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Helensvale - yipeeeeeeeee!!
Posts: 1,331
RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Some happy news! Good luck.
RenShen is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:29 am
  #3738  
Tarun
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Sarina, QLD
Posts: 121
tarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nicetarunrajan is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by RenShen View Post
Some happy news! Good luck.
it's been a long and tense wait. hopefully it won't be long now. tired of postponing flights again and again
tarunrajan is offline  
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:26 pm
  #3739  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: done australia now back in uk. oz to expensive.
Posts: 60
dyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nicedyson99 is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

hello..my uncle owns and runs his own builiding company and im a bricklayer by trade. just to save on money do you have to have a skills test to apply for one of these visas?

just wondering as im of to perth in december and im hoping to be able to apply for my visa whilst im over there with my uncle so he doesnt have to do all the paper work.

and roughly how long is this process taking at the moment... its not really a rush thing just a general question.

many thanks hope to get a reply soon.
dyson99 is offline  
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:49 am
  #3740  
BE Forum Addict
 
RenShen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Helensvale - yipeeeeeeeee!!
Posts: 1,331
RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

No skills assessment needed on a 457. Just a willing sponsor who gets sponsorship approval from DIAC. If you and your uncle work through the paper work together I think you could probably get it done between 3 and 6 weeks.
RenShen is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:14 pm
  #3741  
Forum Regular
 
scotsnurse's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 41
scotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant future
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Hi people.

I am applying for a 457. I (and my partner) have had medicals, x rays, skills assessment etc. I now am just waiting on the visa itself. My agent has told me she needs a nomination number from my new employer before applying.

Should have this in the next day or two....

I hope! I thought this was all kind of organised already...I gave my current employer notice of resignation last week...YIKES!!!!

I have faith I am being looked after.
scotsnurse is offline  
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:50 pm
  #3742  
BE Forum Addict
 
RenShen's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Helensvale - yipeeeeeeeee!!
Posts: 1,331
RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by scotsnurse View Post
Hi people.

I am applying for a 457. I (and my partner) have had medicals, x rays, skills assessment etc. I now am just waiting on the visa itself. My agent has told me she needs a nomination number from my new employer before applying.

Should have this in the next day or two....

I hope! I thought this was all kind of organised already...I gave my current employer notice of resignation last week...YIKES!!!!

I have faith I am being looked after.
If its all sorted from your end it will definitely make the process quicker. However, you are dependent on your future employer submitting their nomination and I know some employers do this faster than others. I suggest you phone your employer to let them know you are just waiting for them to submit their nomination. It might speed things up for you. Good luck.
RenShen is offline  
Old May 14th 2010, 11:00 am
  #3743  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Miami US- Brighton UK- Malaga Spain?
Posts: 81
BriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by hitchcock71 View Post
thought i would start a 457 thread to see who had applied who was applying and who had got it

we are applying in the next week

so good luck to all of you

hitchcock
Hi,

Perhaps some of you kind people who have been through this can help.We are going on a 457 visa and wish to apply for PR 2 years later.
I understand that generally speaking you do not require FBI checks for a 457 visa.
We lived in US for 5 years and now live back in the UK.
From reading on here it appears that FBI checks can take around 14 weeks to go through.

My questions are:

Is it worth getting the FBI checks done now.

If we don’t visit US between now and 2 years time when we apply for PR will the FBI check be valid or will they need a more up to date check??

Any advice would be appreciated
BriBri UK is offline  
Old May 14th 2010, 11:09 am
  #3744  
Forum Regular
 
simon2cairns's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Cairns
Posts: 169
simon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant future
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by BriBri UK View Post
Hi,

Perhaps some of you kind people who have been through this can help.We are going on a 457 visa and wish to apply for PR 2 years later.
I understand that generally speaking you do not require FBI checks for a 457 visa.
We lived in US for 5 years and now live back in the UK.
From reading on here it appears that FBI checks can take around 14 weeks to go through.

My questions are:

Is it worth getting the FBI checks done now.

If we don’t visit US between now and 2 years time when we apply for PR will the FBI check be valid or will they need a more up to date check??

Any advice would be appreciated
Hi!
dont knovv about FBI checks but vve did not have to vvait 2 years to apply for PR vve applied 1 month after arrival here.
simon2cairns is offline  
Old May 14th 2010, 11:37 am
  #3745  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Miami US- Brighton UK- Malaga Spain?
Posts: 81
BriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by simon2cairns View Post
Hi!
dont knovv about FBI checks but vve did not have to vvait 2 years to apply for PR vve applied 1 month after arrival here.
Part of company rules that they will support PR after 2 years guessed that was better than going it alone.

Also I thought you had to be in Oz for 2 years before applying??
BriBri UK is offline  
Old May 14th 2010, 1:03 pm
  #3746  
Forum Regular
 
simon2cairns's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Cairns
Posts: 169
simon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant future
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by BriBri UK View Post
Part of company rules that they will support PR after 2 years guessed that was better than going it alone.

Also I thought you had to be in Oz for 2 years before applying??
i applied after one month on a 457 and vvas granted PR one month later. i am a nurse though vvorking in Cairns so this might hve made the process faster. good luck! ( VV not vvorking on comp so have to use 2x v!!)
simon2cairns is offline  
Old May 17th 2010, 10:35 am
  #3747  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Miami US- Brighton UK- Malaga Spain?
Posts: 81
BriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by simon2cairns View Post
i applied after one month on a 457 and vvas granted PR one month later. i am a nurse though vvorking in Cairns so this might hve made the process faster. good luck! ( VV not vvorking on comp so have to use 2x v!!)
Thanks simon2cairns for the reply.

May your W work in the future.

We were told by the company sponsoring (major multinational) that they would support and pay for PR after 2 years.

Any idea how much it costs to go from 457 to PR??
BriBri UK is offline  
Old May 17th 2010, 7:48 pm
  #3748  
Forum Regular
 
simon2cairns's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Cairns
Posts: 169
simon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant future
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by BriBri UK View Post
Thanks simon2cairns for the reply.

May your W work in the future.

We were told by the company sponsoring (major multinational) that they would support and pay for PR after 2 years.

Any idea how much it costs to go from 457 to PR??
Hi Bri,

I think it vvas about $2200 Plus medical and police checks. Medical ?$400. I have a tie in to my PR that I have to vvork for Queensalnd Health for tvvo years follovving its granting.

Its vvorth it just feels like alot of vvork and uncertainty at present for you...been there!

Good luck
simon2cairns is offline  
Old May 18th 2010, 12:13 pm
  #3749  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Miami US- Brighton UK- Malaga Spain?
Posts: 81
BriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really niceBriBri UK is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by simon2cairns View Post
Hi Bri,

I think it vvas about $2200 Plus medical and police checks. Medical ?$400. I have a tie in to my PR that I have to vvork for Queensalnd Health for tvvo years follovving its granting.

Its vvorth it just feels like alot of vvork and uncertainty at present for you...been there!

Good luck
Hi Simo2cairns,

Thanks for the figures re cost it's good to know in advance.

It sounds like we will do something similar they pay for it and in return you have to work for them for 2 years after PR.

Fair enough I suppose
BriBri UK is offline  
Old May 18th 2010, 12:47 pm
  #3750  
Just Joined
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 3
cwphua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Hi,
I have just started the evisa 457 application. If I am not wrong I am not required to do a full medical check up but to go for an xray. Would anyone know if I can go directly to the panel radiologist or I must be referred by the panel doctor. If I go to the radiologist directly does the radiologist send the application form to the Health Operation Centre in Australia or does it have to go through the panel doctor?

Hope someone can assist me.

Cheers,
Chiu
cwphua is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.