who applying 457 thread

Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Received my TRN on christmas day and tried online application but is comming up with "not recognised". Anyone else had this problem?
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:08 am
Worth the Wait

Andy n Georgina is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by verystormy
Received my TRN on christmas day and tried online application but is comming up with "not recognised". Anyone else had this problem?
hi i think you had the same prob as we did.if its what happened to us then i think you are entering the sponsors TRN and not your own.when you pay online and you get your online receipt there is a new TRN number on there its that one that is for you.if youre unsure ring the London office and they will help you. hope this helps.x
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:43 am
Just Joined

dram is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Need Help !! is 457 Possible for me

Hi there, this is my 1st post on this forum. Although i have used it for information many times over the last few months.

My situation is as follows :- Brother is married to wifes sister (strange i know http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif) They relocated to Sydney around 6 weeks ago, all paid for an sorted out by the company he has worked for in the UK for 6 years. They have a huge house and plenty of space for us to stay with them until we settle.

I have been working as a fitter for Bosch for 13 years after serving a sucessfull apprenticeship with them. The director of my plant has secured a Job offer from another member of the Bosch Group based in Sydney after a letter of personal recommendation. However, they have offered a position with $58,500 pa which i think covers the minimum required salary for a 457. However they are only offering a position and paperwork assistance for the visa.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...s/confused.gif

However I have read on the immi.gov.au website that one of the stipulations for becoming a 457 sponsor and nominating someone is that the company must pay for Return flights, and medical insurance inc. repatriation expenses??

I am lost, we cannot really afford to pay additional Migration Agents Fee's as whatever savings we do have will basically pay our Medical cover, visa fee's and Flights. Is it possible for the company to sponsor and nominate me with a clause that we pay our own medicals, insurance and flights?

My brother has easily enough space for us to settle with them for a good while until we decide to get our own place.

The other question i have is :- If we go over on an extended ETA Travel visa with the purpose of staying with my Brother for maybe 3-6Months, is it possible to Apply for a 457 with this company wihout them then being liable for Flight costs if I am already in Australia???

We have already sold our home in the UK, Sold everything we had of value, and would be ready to leave the UK after working 4 weeks notice with my current employer Bosch. Do i wait to sort a 457 or go across and do it on-shore? My head Hurts.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...es/redface.gif
Old Dec 27th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Andy n Georgina
Hi all,

Landed in Cairns on 20th but took a while to get internet sorted. Easy for us to say now but it is worth the stress and waiting when you finally get here.

We've got 2 boisterous kids but the flight was no problem and they are loving it here as much as we are. There is so much for them to do compared to home they don't know where to start. Job starts on the 7th Jan so been on a bit of a mad one sorting furniture etc. Everything is much cheaper than UK, had some real bargains so far. Anyway chins up everyone still waiting your day will come and it is definetely worth it.
Hi Sounds FAB, hope you had a wonderful Christmas
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:00 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Just spoken to my migration agent who says it may be another 8-12 weeks (pn top of the 6 already gone) before my visa's gramted due to a delay over a new labor agreement. Anyone know wnaything about this? I;m going over as a recruitment consultant.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Help !! is 457 Possible for me

Originally Posted by dram
Hi there, this is my 1st post on this forum. Although i have used it for information many times over the last few months.

My situation is as follows :- Brother is married to wifes sister (strange i know http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif) They relocated to Sydney around 6 weeks ago, all paid for an sorted out by the company he has worked for in the UK for 6 years. They have a huge house and plenty of space for us to stay with them until we settle.

I have been working as a fitter for Bosch for 13 years after serving a sucessfull apprenticeship with them. The director of my plant has secured a Job offer from another member of the Bosch Group based in Sydney after a letter of personal recommendation. However, they have offered a position with $58,500 pa which i think covers the minimum required salary for a 457. However they are only offering a position and paperwork assistance for the visa.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...s/confused.gif

However I have read on the immi.gov.au website that one of the stipulations for becoming a 457 sponsor and nominating someone is that the company must pay for Return flights, and medical insurance inc. repatriation expenses??

I am lost, we cannot really afford to pay additional Migration Agents Fee's as whatever savings we do have will basically pay our Medical cover, visa fee's and Flights. Is it possible for the company to sponsor and nominate me with a clause that we pay our own medicals, insurance and flights?

My brother has easily enough space for us to settle with them for a good while until we decide to get our own place.

The other question i have is :- If we go over on an extended ETA Travel visa with the purpose of staying with my Brother for maybe 3-6Months, is it possible to Apply for a 457 with this company wihout them then being liable for Flight costs if I am already in Australia???

We have already sold our home in the UK, Sold everything we had of value, and would be ready to leave the UK after working 4 weeks notice with my current employer Bosch. Do i wait to sort a 457 or go across and do it on-shore? My head Hurts.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...es/redface.gif
try putting this on a new thread and seeing if one of the migration agents can help you

love tiff
Old Dec 28th 2007, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

StuffedShirt is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

just a quick update... writing this email from our hotel room in Los Angeles. Were here on route to New Zealand then were off to Australia. Broken the trip up as weve got 3 kids under 6 and they dont travel too well.

I never thought Id get to this stage as it seemed to take soooo long, but just everyone hang on in there!

Good Luck and lots of love

Rach
Old Dec 28th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by StuffedShirt
Hi all,

just a quick update... writing this email from our hotel room in Los Angeles. Were here on route to New Zealand then were off to Australia. Broken the trip up as weve got 3 kids under 6 and they dont travel too well.

I never thought Id get to this stage as it seemed to take soooo long, but just everyone hang on in there!

Good Luck and lots of love

Rach
Hi Rach

Lucky you, I bet the weather is much better than here. Have a great time and enjoy the rest of your journey. Please keep us up to date with where you are at.

Tracy
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice

Quick update on us:

We had the x-rays done last week (19th) and Steve's has been finalised as he didnt need a medical.
The rest of us got our medicals done last week too (21st) and the clinic still has to send them to immigration!
Their website says that it takes 2 days for my bloods to come back and 3 working days for everything to be ready to send over.
Even allowing for the Christmas break they should have all been sent by today so lets hope we get some joy by early next week.

Its all been done electronically so hoping they will be finalised soon.

The other bit of news is that I have finally heard from the NBWA!!
Because they have changed their registration policy they are not processing new registrations until January.
This means that I wont have to register again until the end of 2008 which is good news I suppose.

Apart from that we are just going on with life but checking immi website every morning!

We still have documents we need to send over so might try that tonight or wait for a case officer (I wont hold my breath!)

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Jackie and Steve
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Dec 28th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tabbiespice
Quick update on us:

We had the x-rays done last week (19th) and Steve's has been finalised as he didnt need a medical.
The rest of us got our medicals done last week too (21st) and the clinic still has to send them to immigration!
Their website says that it takes 2 days for my bloods to come back and 3 working days for everything to be ready to send over.
Even allowing for the Christmas break they should have all been sent by today so lets hope we get some joy by early next week.

Its all been done electronically so hoping they will be finalised soon.

The other bit of news is that I have finally heard from the NBWA!!
Because they have changed their registration policy they are not processing new registrations until January.
This means that I wont have to register again until the end of 2008 which is good news I suppose.

Apart from that we are just going on with life but checking immi website every morning!

We still have documents we need to send over so might try that tonight or wait for a case officer (I wont hold my breath!)

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Jackie and Steve
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jackie and Steve

At least the meds are all out of the way now, we are with you and just checking the immi website EVERY morning

But we have enjoyed Christmas and are looking forward to our last New Year in the UK. Then the life laundry begins as we sort out what we are taking and what is being left and sort out shipping the dog and furniture. Jason just speaking to the estate agent as I type

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, Have a fab New Year and lets hope for lots of new visas for those of us waiting very soon

Tracy & Jason
Old Dec 30th 2007, 1:20 pm

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Just spoken to my migration agent who says it may be another 8-12 weeks (pn top of the 6 already gone) before my visa's gramted due to a delay over a new labor agreement. Anyone know wnaything about this? I;m going over as a recruitment consultant.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Old Dec 30th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Can anyone shed any light on this?
You are lucky to get to speak to your agent, ours is on holiday until the 15th Jan I do hope this this isn't the case though, but on the bright side it will give us longer to sell the house, seen as we only have the agent coming next week to put it on the market. How about asking the question as a new thread in the main immi bit and hope that one of the agents may know something about this.

Tracy
Old Dec 30th 2007, 1:51 pm

Will do, thanks Tracey. The agent says its affecting all visas done throught 3rd party sponsors. I'm supposed to be starting on 7th Jan but that went out the window weeks ago. Means I can't give notice at work or my house as well!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All

We're flying tomorrow evening and arriving in Brisbane around 06.40 on the 2nd!! Good luck to everyone still waiting and I'll write an up-date as soon as poss! Happy New Year too!!! PARH
Old Dec 30th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by parh
Hi All

We're flying tomorrow evening and arriving in Brisbane around 06.40 on the 2nd!! Good luck to everyone still waiting and I'll write an up-date as soon as poss! Happy New Year too!!! PARH

Happy New Year to you too , what a Wonderful way way to start the New Year. Have save and good flights and we look forward to hearing once you arrive.

Good Luck
Tracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.