who applying 457 thread

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by nurse32
hi
i am going on 457
Cool!!

How far are you along in the process?

Are you the main applicant? Where are you going to be working?

So many questions hehehehe

Jackie and Steve
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Tabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really niceTabbiespice is just really nice

Originally Posted by laura_and_james
I did my online application on 2 November, so its been 9 weeks now! I e-mailed the Brisbane office yesterday because I have some new things to attach to the application and wanted to know when we'd get a case officer and this is the reply i got...

"Case officer will be allocated as soon as possible. Currently however there is about 4-6 months of delay in processing due to the amount of application received in this business centre

Kind regards

Brisbane Business Centre"

4-6 months delay?!? Its been two months already and thats not including how long it took to get the sponsorship nomination!

Anyone else going through Brisbane office?

Laura
Oh my God!! I hope they are over-estimating that for your sakes :O

Fingers crossed that something happens for you soon

Jackie and Steve
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
That doesnt sound good, surely that must just be a worst case scenario to stop people from contacting them all the time......

Thats what we were told by our agent when we made our application to Perth, now over 13 weeks later im losing the will to live :curse:
I feel so bad for you

I hope something happens soon......you must be close to breaking point!!

Fingers crossed

Jackie and Steve
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kookypie
Can anyone offer advice on getting started with a 457?

Im a nurse and have no idea where to look for jobs
Hiya

I am a nurse too and the 457 is a great way to start over there.

What I did was basically emailed all the hospitals in Perth and explained my situation and waited for replies.

They all replied the next morning and were very interested in me sending over my CV.

If I were you then I would do that.

I also looked at the vacancies that each hospital had to offer and mentioned the ones I was interested in in the covering letter that accompanied my CV.

Good luck and if you need any help then let me know

Jackie and Steve
xx
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tabbiespice
I feel so bad for you

I hope something happens soon......you must be close to breaking point!!

Fingers crossed

Jackie and Steve
Thanks for the kind words and yes we are getting quite down about it now although trying to stay as positive as we can

We were hoping for approval before Christmas and every morning since its been a case of log onto the IMMI site thinking "it must be today" to be disappointed yet again.....

I can only assume that our problem is that im being sponsored to go and manage a company with only 3 people there so it was never going to be cut and dried although it is the Perth office of the company I have worked for for 13 years so its not like I dont have the experience to do it!

We really hope its soon now, im needed out there and its getting frustrating for all parties involved now.

It will be worth the wait!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Pep_Juani is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the kind words and yes we are getting quite down about it now although trying to stay as positive as we can

We were hoping for approval before Christmas and every morning since its been a case of log onto the IMMI site thinking "it must be today" to be disappointed yet again.....

I can only assume that our problem is that im being sponsored to go and manage a company with only 3 people there so it was never going to be cut and dried although it is the Perth office of the company I have worked for for 13 years so its not like I dont have the experience to do it!

We really hope its soon now, im needed out there and its getting frustrating for all parties involved now.

It will be worth the wait!
I am as frustrated as you, mate. However I am not really in a hurry since they expect me to be in Perth by mid March, however if as someone advised before, DIAC have a delay of 4 months then I am in deep sh*t.
I saw also someone asking about TRN and online applications via agent. You must ask your 3rd party agent for your TRN because that's the only way you can monitor if they (the agents) are doing things timeously. You can imagine that if DIAC are busy... the immi agents are as busy as them, therefore I wouldn't be relaxed if I couldnt monitor somehow the status directly from DIAC via TRN.
good luck to you all, lets hope for new approvals before close of this week
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:06 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pep_Juani
I saw also someone asking about TRN and online applications via agent. You must ask your 3rd party agent for your TRN because that's the only way you can monitor if they (the agents) are doing things timeously.
Can someone just confirm whether ALL applications, lodged by third party or not, can be tracked online using TRN number? Cos if this is the case, my agent's been lying to me.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

I saw also someone asking about TRN and online applications via agent. You must ask your 3rd party agent for your TRN because that's the only way you can monitor if they (the agents) are doing things timeously. You can imagine that if DIAC are busy... the immi agents are as busy as them, therefore I wouldn't be relaxed if I couldnt monitor somehow the status directly from DIAC via TRN.
My agent has given me our TRN number and we have been tracking it every day since, no movement for over 8 weeks though since meds were finalised.

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Can someone just confirm whether ALL applications, lodged by third party or not, can be tracked online using TRN number? Cos if this is the case, my agent's been lying to me.
If they have applied electronically for you then you can track it whether you or your agent has applied.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Just updated my details in the list

Name……………......... Office……...applied ……meds rec…..meds finalised …visa

LewPerth..........…..Perth.......….23 Aug. …………...……...3 Sep………....14 Nov
Parh……………........…...…..…….….. 29-Aug……20-Sep………24-Sep….…...31Oct
Sunnymd…......……...…………....….06-Sep…..25-Sep……..22-Oct…….....30-Oct
Chefjung…….....…….....……………..11-Sep…..19-Sep….……………..…….....6 Dec
Mrs pixie................................11 Sept....8 Oct.........7 Nov...........12 Dec
Janandjohn……….......……….....….13-Sep…...01-Oct………25-Oct.…......13 Nov
Whitterz……….....….....……………..18-Sep………….……..…….11-Oct…………13 Dec
Sprug……...……......….....………… .19-Sep……………….….………....……..... ..09-Oct
Hotel44…………...........……………. .19-Sep……………….….….09-Oct.……....29-Oct
Antifunky….......……..…………..... .19-Sep……………….…..…20-Sep………..23 Nov
Givemecoffee........................ .21 Sep ....18 Oct.......5 Nov...........30 Nov
Rahel...................Brisbane.......22 Sept...25 Sept......22 Oct..........27 Nov
Safin………......….....Sydney…… .24-Sep……29-Sept ....02-Oct….......2 Nov
Nessyp………...........Melbourne...25 Sep........................................21 Oct
Stuffed shirt…....……Brisbane.....29-Sep…...01-Oct.….…09-Oct………...16 Nov
Soton....................................02 Oct.....................20 Oct..........30 Nov
Riya......................................03 Oct.....22 Oct.......9 Nov............28 Nov
Fizzybiz.................Perth.........03 Oct.....18 Oct.......23 Oct..........13 Dec
Yellow mellow….....….…………......04-Oct….…29-Oct….… 13 Nov.........26 Nov
Andy n Georgina... Brisbane.....9 Oct......1 Nov.........15 Nov..........13 Dec
Jimmyh……….....…......……………...12-Oct……………….….....…………..…... ..24-Oct
Looky…....……...….…Perth……......22 Oct…..24-Oct.….…29-Oct….......16 Nov
Trace141………………………............... .............................................5 Nov
MartinH..................................29 Oct ...F/L in Sydney ................6 Nov
Alenaroo...............Sydney........29 Oct....27 Nov..........................4 Dec
Knoxy....................................9 Nov......17 Nov.......23 Nov.........29 Nov
Dave0474...............................22 Nov....1 Nov...........................13 Dec
Ypandher................Sydney......5 Dec......13 Dec........14Dec.........17 Dec

Darren253…......……...…………….. .22-Sep……………….….…….................. ...
Asskwoo………......…..………….......02-Oct……………….....…03 Oct............
Ianhutch…………......Perth..........02-Oct….......…………….6 Nov...….……….…
Pep_Juani..............Melbourne...8 Oct.......23 oct........14 Nov.......
Emigrating herberts .……...…..………..…........23-Oct………24-Oct.……..…………
Looaa1909.............................18 Oct......8 Nov........20 Nov
EternityBeckons.......Melbourne..22 Oct......22 Oct......13 Nov..........
Paraponte………………………........ .1 Nov .........
Laura_and_James....................2 Nov.......8 Nov........8 Nov
LM109....................Brisbane....11 Nov.....20 Nov.......23 Nov.....
AngelaR.................................14 Nov.....1 Nov........4 Dec....
Scuba Steve..........................15 nov........
PeterYork...............................13 Nov.....16 Nov.......19 Nov
Suart.....................Brisbane....20 Nov.....04 Dec.......
Withnail.................................22 Nov.......
Beccij.....................Brisbane....22 Nov.....7 Dec.........11 Dec
Jasonmb.................Melbourne..5 Dec.......18 Dec.......19 Dec........
Tabbiespice.............Perth........8 Dec.......29 Dec.......3rd Jan......

Jackie and Steve
xxx
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Can you tell I am at a loose end today? hehehe Posting mad!

Now that meds are final does anyone have any clue how long until we get a case officer from Perth office?
Or even (dare I say it) how long until the visa might get granted?

My other query was that once you get the 457 is there a time limit for when you need to enter Australia or when you have to commence work for the sponsor?

Thanks in advance guys

Jackie and Steve
xx
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tabbiespice
Now that meds are final does anyone have any clue how long until we get a case officer from Perth office?
Its been over 8 weeks since our meds were finalised in Perth (6th November), I think our case officer was assigned before the meds were approved I believe that is what "application being processed further" means on the immi site.

edit: Application being processed further was the 31st October for us.

Last edited by ianhutch1; Jan 3rd 2008 at 3:40 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Pep_Juani is on a distinguished road

Its been over 8 weeks since our meds were finalised in Perth (6th November), I think our case officer was assigned before the meds were approved I believe that is what "application being processed further" means on the immi site.

edit: Application being processed further was the 31st October for us.
Mine is 7 weeks old. As far as I know, you only need a nominated case officer if you have trouble with/or missing docs, I've heard of people that never knew who worked their visa out.

Scuba, if your agent says you don't have a trn means that your application is not lodged or he is lying. I have been checking out my status ever since my agent fwd my TRN... :curse:

let's cool down, it does not pay to be annoyed because of matters we can't control.
Pepe
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

let's cool down, it does not pay to be annoyed because of matters we can't control.
Exactly, thats how im trying to deal with it
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

As far as I know, you only need a nominated case officer if you have trouble with/or missing docs, I've heard of people that never knew who worked their visa out.
Pepe
So provided they have all the documents they need we may never get a CO and we might log onto the site one morning having it change from "processing further" to "visa granted"!!!!!

How exciting (and also slightly scary)

Jackie and Steve
Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

q1 your agent should have done everything on line as its quicker so you should have yr trn no ask your agent how they put in yr application

q2 i never knew my co

we applied on the 19th august our meds arrived on the 23rd august

our meds were approved on the 17th sep so was the sponsership

our visa was granted on the 18th september

never knew who our co was never had any communications with them they never asked for anything (think this was because our agent was so good )
we went through the adelaide office which at the time was was very slow at the time they were saying 8 -10 weeks for procesing visa applications and at the time meds were taking 5 weeks to process

hang in there to all of you waiting i know what its like its so frustrating and everyone keps asking have you heard anything ! but it is worth it in the end

in a few months time you all will be on the other side of the world talking to the next bunch of 457 applicants telling them to hang in there and that it is sooooooooo worth it

just like me !!!! who started this thread way bac in june

and i never thought i would be sitting here in perth sweating and wishing for cooler weather back then

love tiff aka hitchcock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.