The Tradies Thread.

Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Shaun200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Tradies Thread.

Hi

Just adding myself to this thread. My OH is 4112-11 Fitter. We have just submitted his Skills Assessement.

Watch this space.....
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

Whilst moving flat today I found a letter under the table addressed to myself, it was from WA granting me state sponsorship dated 19th jan 2010. I haven't received an email from them so it was a nice surprise. I guess one of my boys brought the mail in and forgot to tell me. I feel like I am one step closer - not a very big one though.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Shaun200 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey! Great news for you !
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Originally Posted by PLASTERERFROMWALES
Whilst moving flat today I found a letter under the table addressed to myself, it was from WA granting me state sponsorship dated 19th jan 2010. I haven't received an email from them so it was a nice surprise. I guess one of my boys brought the mail in and forgot to tell me. I feel like I am one step closer - not a very big one though.
Great news on your sponsorship.
They don't send an email(WA at least) or when you send the signed pages back.

Paul
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Little Lisa 1971 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: The Tradies Thread.

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd let you all know we received our WA State Sponsorship today! It took just over 6 months to come through. Hopefully we'll get some good news in the next few months with regards to the new State Sponsorship Plan starting.

Good luck everyone

Little Lisa
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Hi

Hubbies a brickie. We applied for 175 July 2008 and then put in SS WA in September - still waiting for both obviously. We decided that we'd put our life on hold too long and are now having a baby in July which is keeping us from checking the emails and forum every day. I can't believe we're nearly 2 years on and still here!!!!

Good luck to everyone still waiting x x
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Neil-Lynne is a name known to allNeil-Lynne is a name known to allNeil-Lynne is a name known to allNeil-Lynne is a name known to allNeil-Lynne is a name known to allNeil-Lynne is a name known to allNeil-Lynne is a name known to allNeil-Lynne is a name known to allNeil-Lynne is a name known to allNeil-Lynne is a name known to allNeil-Lynne is a name known to all

hi,
I'm an electrician and applied for SS with Qld last July (2009) and have just received confirmation last week that we got sponsorship.
This is great news for us, however as we put the application in in July for SS, they took electricians off their wanted list, so I'm assuming we just scraped through.

I'm now wondering / speculating that my job isn't likely to feature in the new state migration plan when it comes out in July this year and seriously considering applying to SA where tradies always seem to be on the list of wanted jobs.

Has anyone had a similar predicament? I'd welcome people's views on this.

cheers

Here's my timeline so far: sent paperwork to vetassess Nov 08, passed vetassess practical Feb 09, submitted 176 family sponsored visa app May 09, applied for SS Qld July 09, SS aproved Feb 10, visa application switched to 176 SS Mar 10.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Hi all

We applied for WA SS in August and got a letter end of Feb. I emailed back the signed copies of agreement and 1100 for DIAC, but havent received any sort of acknowledgement and my visa app is still showing as 175.

Any ideas if I should email DIAC myself? Or how long it takes WA to update the visa type? Or if they acknowledge receipt?

Im worrying they havent received it

After that its all fingers crossed for a state migration plan to give us tradies a little helping hand!

Good luck all! Any feedback on the 176 upgrade would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Mar 24th 2010, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

matt2095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick word from down the sunny side, just hopefully to add a little hope. The FSL is supposed to represent the wants of the states, in W.A. at the moment the papers are PACKED with jobs for tradies, the rule at the moment is rock up on site, give the job a go, if you dont like it, jack it, there is 30 more in the paper. So I think that we can pretty much assure that the FSL will be a trade rich list, because thats what W.A. wants, and at the moment,as the big money generator, what W.A. wants, W.A. gets, get your S.S. in!!. Even in NSW they announced today that tradie jobs were up 3%. Hold tight all those who have had to sit pretty since the removal of pathway D back in 2007 LONG LONG before this recent little glitch, dont listen to the IT and collage whingers... THE TRADIES DAY IS COMING!!!!
Old Mar 24th 2010, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

ericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really nice

Hi Soapsudsue,
We received ss from SA in Dec 2009. No indication of change to 176 .
Agent informed us it wouldn't show.
Got new message "application being processed further" on 8/2/2010.
Not sure what this means either!

31 March 2008 - lodged
Electrician

Good luck!!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Matt2095

Thanks for your post, it has certainly brightened my day!

Hubbie just set out to work feeling pretty low. On rubbish salary and, got to spend the day earning nothing, as he is putting right something he was never told to do in the first place (fitting some kitchens)

They have you over a barrel in this country, if the job is rubbish you just have to shut up and get on with it as there arent any more out there!

Plus its raining here too!

News of sunshine and plenty of work is music ot my ears, just cant wait to go!

Where are you based??
Old Mar 25th 2010, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

Hi Sue, I received an automated email reply when I sent the forms back to WA but that's all, online status is still the same. Did you have this email?

Matt, good boy for being positive.
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Trussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to allTrussie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by matt2095
Just a quick word from down the sunny side, just hopefully to add a little hope. The FSL is supposed to represent the wants of the states, in W.A. at the moment the papers are PACKED with jobs for tradies, the rule at the moment is rock up on site, give the job a go, if you dont like it, jack it, there is 30 more in the paper. So I think that we can pretty much assure that the FSL will be a trade rich list, because thats what W.A. wants, and at the moment,as the big money generator, what W.A. wants, W.A. gets, get your S.S. in!!. Even in NSW they announced today that tradie jobs were up 3%. Hold tight all those who have had to sit pretty since the removal of pathway D back in 2007 LONG LONG before this recent little glitch, dont listen to the IT and collage whingers... THE TRADIES DAY IS COMING!!!!
Thanks Matt2095 - as soapsudsue said its been a real struggle for the last 12 months, hubbies only been able to plan working day to day so its nice to hear some positive news. We may be there yet!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2010, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

joiner11 is an unknown quantity at this point

How is the job situation in Adelaide,I am a carpenter hopefilly heading there soon.

cheers

stuart
Old Mar 26th 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Lowbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Little Lisa 1971
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd let you all know we received our WA State Sponsorship today! It took just over 6 months to come through. Hopefully we'll get some good news in the next few months with regards to the new State Sponsorship Plan starting.

Good luck everyone

Little Lisa
Hi Little Lisa

I'm a little confused about the State Sponsorship Plan....does this mean that plan is currently on hold or about the change becuase of all the immigration changes instigated recently?

Can you still apply to a State adn get their confirmation? Does it just mean that even if the state have approved you the 176 won't go through until new state sponsorship plans are in place?

Is it worth waiting to hear whether trades are going to be taken off first before applying?

My o/h and I have recently done our 175 and are considering applying for Vic SS 176....do you think its still worth it withall the impending change ahead?

Many thanks

Lowri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.