The Tradies Thread.

Old Nov 15th 2009, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

tinaandscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Tradies Thread.

Originally Posted by matt2095
Hey, the problem you are going to find with sponsorship as a tradesman is the requirements of the sponsoring company, they have to employ Several tradesmen, five or six would cover it, have to been trading for an established period of time, over eight years or so, be committed to training Australians, have apprentices and the like, and here is the real killer, be willing to turn their books over to the government for audit(no one wants to do that!), oh and be willing to sponsor you for a reasonable length of time to make it worth while( A couple of years or so). You would nt be able to find someone in the U.K. who would or could do that! Most construction companies in OZ are small teams, supported by subbies, very few builders could guarantee you two years work, realistically people are employed by the job.
The last and most important thing about being sponsored is that you must prove that you are doing a job that an Australian cant, as DIAC perceives that there is an economic down turn, and a slow in the construction market Im afraid they will not be easily convinced that there are not Australian tradesmen to do the work. I have just returned from a three month trip out there. On the plus side I have spoken with representatives of the W.A. and S.A. states, and they are up in arms with DIACS current moves as they are crying out for tradesmen and are pressuring DIAC to increase the flow of tradesmen again. Hold tight brothers, we will be prioritized again soon. All comes to those who are willing to wait.
Lets hope so Matt, thanks for the info.
Im sure you must be right... how can they say they need us, but they cant have us for two years ! Just dont make sense.

Heres to being patient !! And sure it will all turn out for the better in the end.

Cheers Tina and Scott(sparky).
Old Nov 16th 2009, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

hi all

are there any plumbers on here who can point me in the right direction .
have received s / s visa 176 for victoria and booked flights for april .
what i want to know is can you start the process of obtaining your licence before you get there from over here , like all of the paperwork and payment and then do the practical part and any other loose ends when i arrive .
the only reason i ask as it would be much easier for me to get all of the paperwork together while i am still over here as once i get there i will have kids , house , car and many many other things to sort out before i get round to getting all the paperwork done for the licence and it may be harder to get hold of paperwork needed .
i have emailed over there but have not had a reply
any help would be greatly appreciated .
Old Nov 17th 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
hi all

what i want to know is can you start the process of obtaining your licence before you get there from over here , like all of the paperwork and payment and then do the practical part and any other loose ends when i arrive .
the only reason i ask as it would be much easier for me to get all of the paperwork together while i am still over here as once i get there i will have kids , house , car and many many other things to sort out before i get round to getting all the paperwork done for the licence and it may be harder to get hold of paperwork needed .
hi

are there any tradies that have any answers to this
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

matt2095 is an unknown quantity at this point

I looked into the license thing, when I joined the Master Builders. The licensing board are supposed to send you a preparation pack (this is for Painter and Dec, I imagine its the same). Its pretty much what you would have needed for your TRA application. Proof of 5 years work, trade body certifications, qualifications,references, tax returns. Basically everything that proves you are your trade. Then you have to wait til you get there and get on an assessment day, this could be one on one, or in a big group at a tafe, depending on who you do it thru,and how much you pay. They are trade bodies, so think`Union Workers,` slow and not interested, they are more inclined to deal with you once you are out there. Try talking to The Master Builders Of Australia, they might be able to funnel you some more info. But if you ve got all your info together, and you are good at what you do, wait til you get there, and all will be good.
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt2095
I looked into the license thing, when I joined the Master Builders. The licensing board are supposed to send you a preparation pack (this is for Painter and Dec, I imagine its the same). Its pretty much what you would have needed for your TRA application. Proof of 5 years work, trade body certifications, qualifications,references, tax returns. Basically everything that proves you are your trade. Then you have to wait til you get there and get on an assessment day, this could be one on one, or in a big group at a tafe, depending on who you do it thru,and how much you pay. They are trade bodies, so think`Union Workers,` slow and not interested, they are more inclined to deal with you once you are out there. Try talking to The Master Builders Of Australia, they might be able to funnel you some more info. But if you ve got all your info together, and you are good at what you do, wait til you get there, and all will be good.
hi matt

thanks for getting back to me

i have emailed a department in victoria twice without response

basically i would like to apply now as i have all of the paperwork together in one place or can get it pretty easily . and then do any practicals/ anything else when i arrive .
i am concerned that if i wait to apply when i get there after i have settled everything down with the move i wont be able to get hold of all the paperwork so easily and it will take me ages to get round to it

many thanks

steve
Old Nov 19th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

matt2095 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi matt

thanks for getting back to me

i have emailed a department in victoria twice without response

basically i would like to apply now as i have all of the paperwork together in one place or can get it pretty easily . and then do any practicals/ anything else when i arrive .
i am concerned that if i wait to apply when i get there after i have settled everything down with the move i wont be able to get hold of all the paperwork so easily and it will take me ages to get round to it

many thanks

steve
Stick it all in a big envelope and keep it under your pillow! Thats best. You wont be able to subbie with out a license, so you will need to get round to doing it. They wont make it difficult for you, they want you to be licensed, they want you to be under their wing, following the rules, properly insured, and most importantly they want your license FEE! I really wouldnt sweat about it. Formality.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi matt

thanks for your replies

i am not sweating about it i would just like to know if i can apply for the lisense now whilst i am still in the u.k as it would be really easy at the moment .

steve
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Lets just hope we all get back on the CSL soon! Fingers crossed. Lots of conflicting stories that states are up in arms as trades are needed.

Who knows what will happen, we just have to sit tight and hope for the best!

Good luck to you all!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Ronnie9898 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

I dont think so, I tried, Ive been here 3 weeks and dropped all my papers in as soon as I got here and have only had one letter so far, dont worry though as you can get work without it, Im with one company doing pools and just been offered another job do heating and they know what I do and dont have, things dont happen fast here so just sit back and wait but like I said you can find work without it all
Old Dec 20th 2009, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

Had a reply from Western Australia exactly 5 months to the day from when I applied for state sponsorship - I have been asked to submit a more detailed cv including dates for my application to be processed further. Has anyone else had to do this? I am self-employed so don't really understand how my cv should be - they wouldn't want me to list dates of all the jobs I have done or would they? Any help appreciated.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

JMC1678 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PLASTERERFROMWALES
Had a reply from Western Australia exactly 5 months to the day from when I applied for state sponsorship - I have been asked to submit a more detailed cv including dates for my application to be processed further. Has anyone else had to do this? I am self-employed so don't really understand how my cv should be - they wouldn't want me to list dates of all the jobs I have done or would they? Any help appreciated.
I had the same problem with Victoria. I submitted a standard 1 page CV which they declined. They finally accepted my third attempt which was now 3 pages long. I just waffled about every last detail of work that I'd done right back to my apprenticeship, tools, materials, the lot.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

Thanks for the reply, I will beef it up a bit and and put in some dates.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Originally Posted by PLASTERERFROMWALES
I had to give more detailed dates of previous employment as well - about 3 weeks ago - received WA SS this morning . About 5 mths from applying as well. Merry Christmas
Old Dec 24th 2009, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Ronnie9898 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did the same for VIC, just detailed what Id been upto
Old Dec 24th 2009, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Congrats on the state sponsorship - I had an email this morning asking for my documents to be sent in the correct format - I had sent them using open office software so had to redo them with microsoft word.
I doubt that I will hear anything until after crimbo now but there is no rush.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.