The Tradies Thread.

Old Jan 24th 2011, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all
Default Re: The Tradies Thread.

We have our case officer!! Yippee! We are finally moving up the chain
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
We have our case officer!! Yippee! We are finally moving up the chain
I have been looking out for you !!! Congrats, hopefully wont be long now.
Have you heard anything on how long a visa might take from this point??
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

No idea, I think its pretty quick once you have submitted your PCC and meds. Booked in fir meds Thursday. We are very lucky as there is an approved hosspital 20 mins away. Will send off PCC apps this week. Checked online and most all other docs are met

I am sooooo excited!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

glad someone is moving in right direction
Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice

No idea, I think its pretty quick once you have submitted your PCC and meds. Booked in fir meds Thursday. We are very lucky as there is an approved hosspital 20 mins away. Will send off PCC apps this week. Checked online and most all other docs are met

I am sooooo excited!
ours are 2 weeks tomorrow, we front loaded our meds but they are longer an approved practice so having to do them again, we took a bit of a risk but it didnt pay off.
never mind, hopefully this time next year we will all be in oz
Old Jan 24th 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by charlie rara

glad someone is moving in right direction
Thanks Charlie! Hopefully you will be on the move soon Have you decided on your sponsorship yet?
Old Jan 24th 2011, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

charlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nicecharlie rara is just really nice

Thanks Charlie! Hopefully you will be on the move soon Have you decided on your sponsorship yet?
im researching a bit more and in contact with my oz cousin so shes helping me out so hopefully come to a decision soon
Old Jan 27th 2011, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

Hi all

My case officer has asked for more evidence of self employment for at least 12 months up to application. My husband is a sole trader, so has no VAT return or comany registration, accounts etc. All I have is his tax submission to HMRC for the previous tax years. Does anyone know if that is good enough? The only other thing I can think of is his sub contractor invoices?

Any advice would be really appreciated!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all

My case officer has asked for more evidence of self employment for at least 12 months up to application. My husband is a sole trader, so has no VAT return or comany registration, accounts etc. All I have is his tax submission to HMRC for the previous tax years. Does anyone know if that is good enough? The only other thing I can think of is his sub contractor invoices?

Any advice would be really appreciated!
cant ya get some work references ? i did a couple private jobs that the tax man is missing out on and asked them for a dated reference , plus you could always make a phantom loft conversion for aunty mable and put that in aswell , not that im saying you should lie but it helps the situation.
o didnt you fit my kitchen back in november ??
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Do any of you tradies know if 110 tools work OK in Oz. I have heard tools are expensive to buy? Is it worth paying to ship them out? Hubbie being a chipie has a fair old collection of power tool and, it would cost a fortune to replace!
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

LadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by john& becky
Any information would be much appreciated!

Are things any better now? We applied for 175 general plumber in Nov 08 and waited and waited. Virtually gave up and resigned ourselves to staying in England but today got news we have a CO!
So tonight we came on here after an 18 month hiatus to see about work but can't really find anything new about the construction industry. Were always planning on going Brisbane direction but seems from 6 month old posts that WA or SA is the place to be now for tradesmen.
Can anyone give us any more info on whether the trades are still in demand?

thanks
john and becky
FWIW, we've been speaking to an Aussie-based MARA agent today and he has it on good authority that tradies will be needed in QLD for the next couple of years for definite, helping rebuild the damage caused by the floods and cyclone. It will be interesting to see if there are any S/S revisions coming up in the not-too-distant future! We were also told that QLD government are fast-tracking 457 visas for tradies to get out there as early as next month!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:35 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LadyLauren
FWIW, we've been speaking to an Aussie-based MARA agent today and he has it on good authority that tradies will be needed in QLD for the next couple of years for definite, helping rebuild the damage caused by the floods and cyclone. It will be interesting to see if there are any S/S revisions coming up in the not-too-distant future! We were also told that QLD government are fast-tracking 457 visas for tradies to get out there as early as next month!
sorry to dampen your post but i cant see how there is a demand for tradies in qld, its been very quiet here for the last 6 months, loads of guys are struggling big time, the flood work is mostly for sparkys and guys the do plasterboard ect, a bit of carpentry as well, but ive seen no demand for work since the flood, sorry again but id hate to see you get your hopes up and then get dashed. a lot of the problem has been the backlash form the extended home buyers grant, loads of new builds went up in a short space of time, then the govt dropped it back down and its back to normall. anyway i hope im wrong.
john
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

LadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud ofLadyLauren has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by johnknight001
sorry to dampen your post but i cant see how there is a demand for tradies in qld, its been very quiet here for the last 6 months, loads of guys are struggling big time, the flood work is mostly for sparkys and guys the do plasterboard ect, a bit of carpentry as well, but ive seen no demand for work since the flood, sorry again but id hate to see you get your hopes up and then get dashed. a lot of the problem has been the backlash form the extended home buyers grant, loads of new builds went up in a short space of time, then the govt dropped it back down and its back to normall. anyway i hope im wrong.
john
Sorry to hear it's been slow for a lot of you. The info we were given doesn't affect us, so it's no dampener - I just thought it might be useful to share with others. I suppose only time will tell if it makes a difference to some visa applicants heading that way?
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Do any of you tradies know if 110 tools work OK in Oz. I have heard tools are expensive to buy? Is it worth paying to ship them out? Hubbie being a chipie has a fair old collection of power tool and, it would cost a fortune to replace!
I sure I've read a post from steve'o in the electrician's forum ,if i remember right, 110v tools are not allowed on site. I would still ship them if you had the room as they will still work if you have the transformers as well.
I'm still in the uk so not 100%
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Just to give the tradies some hope.
I'm an electrician, applied dec08 and received my 175 visa grant yesterday 4th feb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.